• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

DeletedUser6425

This will not impact the "Rich Players". I guess everyone noticed if you spend $99.99 or more you still get the same amount of diamonds.

The players who have least amount of extra money to spare will now have to spend more to support the "Rich Players".
... and all the players that never buy diamonds and are playing for free).

My understanding is that FOE has around 285,000 active players (I could be wrong) in the USA.

It makes far more sense to charge everyone $5.00 per year to play the game and keep the diamond pricing the same.
(I think it is a little unfair that 10 of thousands of players who don't buy diamonds get to play for free at my expense.)

This way all members would be supporting the game and FOE would receive additional revenue through diamond purchases.

FOE would net approximately $1,400,000 immediately from the just the USA.

DeletedUser37581

FOE would net approximately $1,400,000 immediately from the just the USA.
I think your number of active players in the US is quite a bit high, but even so, charge an annual fee to play and a lot of the "play for free" players would quit the game. If enough of them quit, it would reduce several of the worlds to the point where they wouldn't be worth playing for anyone.

DeletedUser6425

I think your number of active players in the US is quite a bit high, but even so, charge an annual fee to play and a lot of the "play for free" players would quit the game. If enough of them quit, it would reduce several of the worlds to the point where they wouldn't be worth playing for anyone.

I'm confused... So you think it is fair for me or anyone else to spend maybe a $100 - $200 a year on diamonds so thousand of other players can play for free?

DeletedUser33179

I'm grateful for the constrained change in diamonds. Wishing wells (& shrink kits) can still be obtained readily from Events + GE diamonds amount/percentages weren't nerfed - only some diamond packages changed. Surprised Inno was upfront about the pending change, & that every player was informed via in-game message - most game companies just make changes quietly (or, at most, a short forum announcement only).

DeletedUser

I'm confused... So you think it is fair for me or anyone else to spend maybe a $100 - $200 a year on diamonds so thousand of other players can play for free?
I certainly do. And I've spent my fair share (and probably more) on Diamonds and various other packages over the 4 years I've been playing. Well more than $200/year on average. But the beauty of the game is that I can stop spending any time I want to and still enjoy the game immensely. And I do. I spend in splurges usually, and then I don't spend for months and months. Still enjoy the game all the same. And every time someone says they play for free and never buy Diamonds, I feel good about my purchases, because not everyone has the resources to spend on a game, but we can all use the escape that the game provides.

DeletedUser39933

I have been buying the 49.95 twice a month for the last 3 years, now with the reduction of diamonds by 22 % i will no longer be buying them at all until inno changes back to where they are now. I feel that with the decrease of diamonds, it's now a rip off !!!

DeletedUser40161

I certainly do. And I've spent my fair share (and probably more) on Diamonds and various other packages over the 4 years I've been playing. Well more than $200/year on average. But the beauty of the game is that I can stop spending any time I want to and still enjoy the game immensely. And I do. I spend in splurges usually, and then I don't spend for months and months. Still enjoy the game all the same. And every time someone says they play for free and never buy Diamonds, I feel good about my purchases, because not everyone has the resources to spend on a game, but we can all use the escape that the game provides.

DeletedUser37581

I have been buying the 49.95 twice a month for the last 3 years, now with the reduction of diamonds by 22 % i will no longer be buying them at all until inno changes back to where they are now. I feel that with the decrease of diamonds, it's now a rip off !!!
Or you could save up and spend $75 once a year. You save money and get just about the same number of diamonds.

DeletedUser40161

Glad to hear your reply and i too have spent more than that a year..You are correct, the beauty of this game is we dont have to buy them..so saying that. its time to quit..thanks for clarifying it for me

DeletedUser27889

If you've been spending $100/MO, $1,200 per year but passing up on the larger diamond pack it's not inno that's suddenly causing you to miss out you've been doing it to yourself all along.

Largest diamond pack on a regular day is $200 for 29,000 if you had spent 1.2k in a year that's 174,000 diamonds. Consequently same amount on $50 packs only got you 139,200. YOU have been ripping yourself off for 34,800 diamonds per year (More than $200/year in savings) not to mention all the extra event currencies or extras you could have gotten by timing your higher purchases inline with an offer. If you didn't care about the almost 35K diamonds you were flushing down the toilet then why would you suddenly care about losing a smaller percentage now?

DeletedUser

Glad to hear your reply and i too have spent more than that a year..You are correct, the beauty of this game is we dont have to buy them..so saying that. its time to quit..thanks for clarifying it for me
Whether you actually quit or not, my post has nothing to do with your decision, that's entirely on you.

DeletedUser6425

Absolutely. Paying is 100% your choice. You are not forced to do it.

Well, thanks for letting me know that you will continue to buy diamonds so I can begin playing for free. My household will no longer be spending money on diamonds. I think if enough players stop spending money for diamonds the game will collapse.

DeletedUser6425

This game was never free. Players only think it's free because a small fraction of players are spending money to cover the cost of your overhead. If players stop purchasing diamonds then FOE will not have money to pay their employees, and technology costs.

DeletedUser

This game was never free. Players only think it's free because a small fraction of players are spending money to cover the cost of your overhead. If players stop purchasing diamonds then FOE will not have money to pay their employees, and technology costs.
It's free for players that don't buy Diamonds. Of course if no one buys Diamonds the game ceases to exist, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

DeletedUser17584

Ok, I've come to grips with Inno adding a tax and raising the price per diamond to the packs that people buy but...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6279

It's ludicrous. In any good business you have to spend money to make money.

It seems to me the diamonds amounts should be increased not reduced in order to encourage players to spend real money. How many players will reduce buying diamonds or stop buying totally when this comes in?

DeletedUser37617

Wow, eight pages of replies that state the same thing over and over again. I am one of the players who never buys diamonds, so this will not affect me one way or the other, but it seems to me that no matter what Inoo does about diamonds there is sure to be some complaint.

If Inno increases the price (like they are doing now) then people complain that diamonds are already expensive.

If Inno were to decide to lower the price then people would complain that players are using diamonds to get way ahead of the hardworking players who don't buy diamonds, thereby increasing their unfair advantage by giving them more diamonds when they buy. (I would be one of these)

DeletedUser

While you're at it, how about re-doing the reward packages in the daily challenges so that the odds of winning an item are even.
I'm getting tired of ending up with palm trees or forge points. Especially after spending large amounts of resources for rewards like pieces of the Cherry Garden or Indian Fountain sets.

Also maybe remove the stupid internet block on great buildings so my household members and friends using my internet can play the guild f/p swaps easier. Remember,,, some of us can't afford to chew up mobile data,,,and now you want to give less diamonds for the same cost.

Just because companies do this in real life with food, gas, supplies, etc. doesn't mean you have to follow suite. Your diamonds aren't real, they're virtual. My cash is real. Too bad it can't be virtual. I'm just saying.....

Agent327

While you're at it, how about re-doing the reward packages in the daily challenges so that the odds of winning an item are even.
I'm getting tired of ending up with palm trees or forge points. Especially after spending large amounts of resources for rewards like pieces of the Cherry Garden or Indian Fountain sets.

Why not remove all things you do not want, so you can win what you want?

Also maybe remove the stupid internet block on great buildings so my household members and friends using my internet can play the guild f/p swaps easier.

Good thinking. What we need is push accounts made way easier.

Remember,,, some of us can't afford to chew up mobile data,,,and now you want to give less diamonds for the same cost.

Who's problem is that?

Just because companies do this in real life with food, gas, supplies, etc. doesn't mean you have to follow suite. Your diamonds aren't real, they're virtual. My cash is real. Too bad it can't be virtual. I'm just saying.....

And the costs they make to keep this ganme up for everyone and improve it are virtual as well?