• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4491

I agree to this proporsition - Guild Battlegrounds. But when you are developing this feature, I'd like to suggest to keep in mind, that Guild Expedition is popular, because it doesn't require all or many members to be online at the same time. GvG, in contrary, requires to be online many players at once. And in reality it's difficult to get many players online, especially in such cases when players in a guild are from different citie, countries, etc. So if game developers are able to figure out how to improve Guild Battlegrounds by allowing members NOT to be online at the same time, then it would be huge success.

Really good point here and probably directly relates to the number of players participating in GvG. While you say the code is "complicated" (and no doubt it is) a very easy fix to raise the participation rate would be to have 2 resets per day. That way you'd have players from different time zones participating, and you'd also likely have more movement on the maps - not just the same handful of guilds dominating each age.

If GvG is a done deal and no improvements are going to be considered, then I'll have to reserve judgement on Guild Battlegrounds until I'm able to play it. Sounds like an interesting concept.
Attrition - sounds like a way of penalizing players that are fighting focused - our guild has learned to balance our membership and have fighters as well as farmers, with this attrition system in theory it sounds like you're trying to level the playing field but in practice what's going to happen is you're just going to limit the amount of fights the fighters can have and the farmers are still going to farm with no interest in fighting.

It also sounds like you'll end up matching the same guilds over and over which will get boring - with the current system of GvG any guild can participate and most of the time it's the smaller guilds that cause the bigger problems. The new version sounds like being in a smaller guild will be a distinct disadvantage/

DeletedUser40346

Right now, many in my guild are very upset. We are a strong GvG guild, and many of us find GE to be boring. Our whole reason for playing this game is getting together in a group effort in GvG with planned tactics for beating our long time enemies. I personally have invested 4 years into this game, and I feel like this will kill it. Am I understanding correctly that this will be replacing the current GvG we already play? Some of my fighters are already threatening to quit playing if GvG is removed or replaced. We don't want another masked over version of GE. GE takes no tactics, planning, or on the minute group coordination. This may sound like good news to those who don't care about GvG, but to those of us who are highly invested in it, it's rather devastating. I read that those who want to participate in this will be grouped against other guilds for 10 days. So, my guild may be grouped against long time trusted allies ruining friendships? Or not able to fight against our arch enemies that we've had for years? I can go on forever counting all the cons to this. Will the GvG that the faithful fighters have been dedicated to be taken away?

DeletedUser34893

The current version is available to east coast users only. Have a 23 or 25 hour clock that rotates through each time zone giving everyone a chance.
The same reset time each day for certain players will do nothing to see others play. And it's all about internet speed, how fast can you seige?
Take this whole GvG feature out of the game so "battle points" are not a joke.

Larabee

Right now, many in my guild are very upset. We are a strong GvG guild, and many of us find GE to be boring. Our whole reason for playing this game is getting together in a group effort in GvG with planned tactics for beating our long time enemies. I personally have invested 4 years into this game, and I feel like this will kill it. Am I understanding correctly that this will be replacing the current GvG we already play? Some of my fighters are already threatening to quit playing if GvG is removed or replaced. We don't want another masked over version of GE. GE takes no tactics, planning, or on the minute group coordination. This may sound like good news to those who don't care about GvG, but to those of us who are highly invested in it, it's rather devastating. I read that those who want to participate in this will be grouped against other guilds for 10 days. So, my guild may be grouped against long time trusted allies ruining friendships? Or not able to fight against our arch enemies that we've had for years? I can go on forever counting all the cons to this. Will the GvG that the faithful fighters have been dedicated to be taken away?

Totally agree, GE is dead boring, and pointless. And I too have put over 4 years in this game but will quit if they take GvG away, that's the only thing that keeps me logging on.

Silvysa

I don’t think you gave us enough information for me to form any sort of opinion. I’m a big GvG player; my guild is heavily involved and many of us gather on Discord voice every night. Some people can’t participate because they can’t be on a computer at recalc, so having a way to include people on mobile would be great. BUT, I don’t really have any idea what you’re proposing. You just referenced some vague, cross-platform something. Could be great, could destroy the best part of the game for me. I have no idea. Could you give us some more info about what would happen to the current GvG system once the new one is implemented and how they would work together, or anything about what this new thing actually is?

DeletedUser36624

I think a lot of people didn't actually read the whole announcement. Puffed up version of GE, pfft.

I like the idea, but not if it's going to be an autobattle crankfest. Perhaps you could award skillful battle or negotiation (taking less damage or using less goods) with less attrition.

DeletedUser40347

- I like what dpghost said : battle time is not linked to server time and allows people from different timezone to play for the guild
- I know your goal is to attract more players to play the game and to keep them in the game and to spend more real money , so I suggest you to be sure that every guild member will get reward , that will be according to his efforts . Players wants to get something for the efforts that they will do . More efforts , bigger reward if you want to involve more players and to keep them in the game . Now many players don't play GvG , because they don't see the benefit for themselves (for the new players medal or two after every fight and 5 FPs after 10 fights or something like that ) . Of course create it to be fun while it is played in team and somehow guild members to want to be part of it and to plan in the guild threads about it . Perhaps you can implement in the begining of every Btattleground , the different types of players (Diamond cities , Fighters , Farmers ...) to choose between several roles that they will have in that event . And every role to have advantages and disadvantages . Just don't do it too comersial . While you are doing it is good not to forget that the game is played mostly from people from higher ages not from childs from bronze age :) Don't try to trick us :) and do something , where we will want to spend our money with joy . The joy don't have price , but then again don't do it too commercial like Imperia Online . Forge on !

DeletedUser5230

"With everything above in mind, we believe the right path is not to bring GvG to mobile but instead to develop a brand-new Guild feature to run alongside it, on all platforms."
It won't replace GVG, it'll just be another Feature.

"Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you."
^ They will also be making Improvements to GVG, they just don't know how to get more Players to do GVG, so they're trying this, which will be a GE/GVG Mix, basically.

-Athena-

Well she basically just expressed almost every thought I had.
We GvGers want fights against other guilds in Real Time that involve attacking, defending, strategic moves, group effort, guild alliances. Maybe I'm missing something but this new concept sounds like GE except on a map. And Negotiations?? We want to fight.
Current GvG could be improved with not being dependent upon a reset time or resetting the maps every couple of months. Not to mention stop cluttering up our game with all these events which slows everything down. We sent you a letter and you completely disregarded it. Feedback HAH! You don't care. You are just going to do whatever you want like always.

DreadfulCadillac

a few things
i like the idea, but dont understand it properly\
also will gvg be eliminated
happy cause this might help smaller guilds like mine climb rankings a little.

DeletedUser35981

This "attrition" debuff is dumb! Forge of Empires is about developing your city to suit your play style. Those who invest heavily in attack bonus shouldn't be penalized because others don't have it. Find some other way to limit the number of battles. Here's a thought: limit the number of battles per person!

DeletedUser37581

Right now, many in my guild are very upset.
Upset about what? The idea that the game will introduce a new feature?

With everything above in mind, we believe the right path is not to bring GvG to mobile but instead to develop a brand-new Guild feature to run alongside it, on all platforms. So, we are going to develop a new feature containing several strong elements of the current browser GvG but we also will add additional layers to it and shape it in a comprehensible and accessible manner.

DeletedUser37653

The information you've provided lacks depth and detail. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you hope to garner with screen shots and an overall view. I have seen a lot of people ask if this will replace the current system. Based on what you did say, it seems like we're getting a repackaged GE system. I don't feel that is the right move. I also feel like you are on the verge of disenfranchising a large population of your loyal fan base. My guild's overall partipation in GvG is about 15 to 20%.

Everything has a causality. I would ask you to consider that perhaps the 5% participation rate you're seeing is due lack of accessibility and the need for upgrades to the system. Simple things.. like..I don't know... like letting guilds set other guild's land holdings to different colours, like Red for enemies and Blue for allies. Simple things; creature comforts. I am certain you have a creative team that can look into these things. Make polls, ask for suggestions. Instead we're getting an endless stream of events every couple of months. While I understand from the business end it does generate revenue for you, but I think you ned to fix what you have before you go on. Answers like, "It's complicated" does not leave me with a lot of confidence.

If you're going to replace the current GvG system, I suspect you might not have a good reception. If this is in addition too the current GvG system, then I would ask you to also put development effort on improving what you have now. Start with creature comforts.

You have a good idea in this beautiful game. ---> GvG. Please do not cast it away in favour of what is easy and lucrative.

DeletedUser5230

The information you've provided lacks depth and detail. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you hope to garner with screen shots and an overall view. I have seen a lot of people ask if this will replace the current system. Based on what you did say, it seems like we're getting a repackaged GE system. I don't feel that is the right move. I also feel like you are on the verge of disenfranchising a large population of your loyal fan base. My guild's overall partipation in GvG is about 15 to 20%.

Everything has a causality. I would ask you to consider that perhaps the 5% participation rate you're seeing is due lack of accessibility and the need for upgrades to the system. Simple things.. I don't know... like letting guilds set other guild's land holdings to different colours, like Red for enemies and Blue for allies. Simple things; creature comforts. I am certain you have a creative team that can look into these things. Make polls, ask for suggestions. Instead we're getting an endless stream of events every couple of months. While I understand from the business end it does generate revenue for you, but I think you ned to fix what you have before you go on. Answers like, "It's complicated" does not leave me with a lot of confidence.

If you're going to replace the current GvG system, I suspect you might not have a good reception. If this is in addition too the current GvG system, then I would ask you to also put development efforts efforts on improving what you have now. Start with creature comforts.

You have a good idea in this beautiful game. GvG, please do not cast it away in favour of what is easy and lucrative.

"With everything above in mind, we believe the right path is not to bring GvG to mobile but instead to develop a brand-new Guild feature to run alongside it, on all platforms."
They Specifically said it won't Replace GVG, it'll just be a New Addition.

" Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you."

They also plan on Improving Performance, so they aren't even planning to Abandon GVG, they're just looking for another way to get Mobile players in on the Fun, but they can't with GVG due to how Complex it is, which with the way GVG is, I wouldn't want to do it on Mobile anyways.

Flavius Belisarius

First, no immediate drastic changes.
Second, try making GVG available MOBILE.
Third, Make ALL sectors landing zones
Fourth, Recal four times a day.
THEN re evaluate.
If anything, make the cost to hold a sector (Goods/Supply/Coin) increase over time. If you want to keep it, pay for it.

DreadfulCadillac

Everything has a causality. I would ask you to consider that perhaps the 5% participation rate you're seeing is due lack of accessibility and the need for upgrades to the system. Simple things.. like..I don't know... like letting guilds set other guild's land holdings to different colours, like Red for enemies and Blue for allies. Simple things; creature comforts. I am certain you have a creative team that can look into these things. Make polls, ask for suggestions. Instead we're getting an endless stream of events every couple of months. While I understand from the business end it does generate revenue for you, but I think you ned to fix what you have before you go on. Answers like, "It's complicated" does not leave me with a lot of confidence.

If you're going to replace the current GvG system, I suspect you might not have a good reception. If this is in addition too the current GvG system, then I would ask you to also put development effort on improving what you have now. Start with creature comforts.

You have a good idea in this beautiful game. ---> GvG. Please do not cast it away in favour of what is easy and lucrative.
more like events every few days!! i 100%agree

ITown

I love the new concept of Guild Battlegrounds. It solves several issues I have with GvG:
- GvG requires one's life revolve around the recalc timer, which is quite bad for people like myself who are on the west coast.
- GvG is very boring and prone to becoming stale due to not ever getting reset
- It's hard to get many guild members to participate. The guild I'm in is right around 5-10% participation on a given night.

My main feedback is that the work-in-progress images provided are not very compelling. I would rather see something that more closely resembles the GvG Hex format, personally.

DeletedUser35981

Begin Rant:

GvG is about long term tactics and alliances. We wage war, sign peace treaties, form alliances, and make enemies. New players are probably not interested in this, but older players certainly are. A 10 day battle against some random guilds sounds just like GE, which is boring. We invest in GvG because it requires thought and strategy. Dumbing it down so that more than "5%" of people participate will alienate those who have invested heavily in the current GvG system. These people are your core players! 76% of the people on my world are inactive according to foestats, and of the 24% that are counted as "active", most don't play competitively. If you take out competition, you will lose the folks who make the game interesting.

End Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.