• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

We need new rewards in GE

DeletedUser13698

I have 41 Face of the ancient, and 38 Gates of the Sungod. Does anybody know if INNO is going to come up with something we can actually use??? I mean Mass Motivation kits would be great! I'm sick of GE because nothing changes. I have 18 Terrace Farms in reserve. Is there anything new on Beta?

Algona

I donlt know about you but troops, Goods, FPs and Diamonds are always useful.

GE prizes are the best way for a new city to accelerate growth and a maturing city to maintain growth.

However as players advance they need to stop counting on most GE Prizes to continue advancing their city and instead develop more efficient methods to maintain growth.

GE SB prizes are for the lesser players, you've already used them for thier purpose, time to move on to getter things.

DeletedUser31540

Bro you have an embarassingly small amount of faces and gates

You need 700+ of each before getting my respect and sympathy

All kidding aside it would be nice if they tweaked the rewards a tiny bit — but all they need to do is add a 200 fp Reward to the jade relic and call it a day (otherwise long-term players root for gold > jade which seems like a fail)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13698

Bro you have an embarassingly small amount of faces and gates

You need 700+ of each before getting my respect and sympathy

All kidding aside it would be nice if they tweaked the rewards a tiny bit — but all they need to do is add a 200 fp Reward to the jade relic and call it a day (otherwise long-term players root for gold > jade which seems like a fail)

I've been using them to complete the "Gain 25,000 Happiness" quests. It's a pain in the butt because you have to go back in and select them every single time. I'd rather have something else, and I like the idea of a 200fp on a Jade relic. I have store buildings, but the ones I want to store I can't. So I delete them instead. Used to be you could get the next era weapons buildings, so you had a fighting chance when you moved up to that era. Now it's the same old stuff......

DeletedUser13698

Wait, you want more Mass Motivation kits? I have plenty of guildmates and friends, Mass Motivation kits are less than useless to me; I can't even use them to fulfill quests like I can the Face of the Ancients/Gate of the Whatevers.

I have 80 friends and plenty of guildmates as well. The problem there is, I have so many SOK's that a lot of them never get motivated. Maybe open up the friends list more? Add a feature that tells you how long it's been since a player has M/P'd your city? I used to friend new players, but not anymore. They take up space, and most don't last long. I have to purge about once a week. There is only one repeating quest that the faces and gates are good for. I'm just thinking out loud.

Dido 815 the Scourge

I have 80 friends and plenty of guildmates as well. The problem there is, I have so many SOK's that a lot of them never get motivated. Maybe open up the friends list more? Add a feature that tells you how long it's been since a player has M/P'd your city? I used to friend new players, but not anymore. They take up space, and most don't last long. I have to purge about once a week. There is only one repeating quest that the faces and gates are good for. I'm just thinking out loud.

You know you can have up to 140 friends (or is it 120), right? You can only send invites to 80, but you can accept invites to get you to a higher number of friends.

Agent327

Used to be you could get the next era weapons buildings, so you had a fighting chance when you moved up to that era.

You NEVER EVER had that chance in GE. Get your facts straight!

Or place less SoK's? I'm just thinking out loud.

qaccy

I'm always kinda scornful of people who want more rewards from GE because I feel like they're missing the point entirely. GE's intended purpose is to help your guild grow. The personal rewards are just the incentive to participate because a lot of players (like the ones who ask for better rewards) won't do squat for their guild unless it benefits them in a larger way than helping the guild level up. In fact, this mentality is seemingly what led to the creation of the Temple of Relics.

So from where I sit, GE's rewards are fine the way they are.

DeletedUser29726

I'm always kinda scornful of people who want more rewards from GE because I feel like they're missing the point entirely. GE's intended purpose is to help your guild grow. The personal rewards are just the incentive to participate because a lot of players (like the ones who ask for better rewards) won't do squat for their guild unless it benefits them in a larger way than helping the guild level up. In fact, this mentality is seemingly what led to the creation of the Temple of Relics.

So from where I sit, GE's rewards are fine the way they are.

Well there's really not much of a reason to level up a guild anymore - even if you are guild-centric the purpose of a guild is seldom ever to level it anymore.

That said, I'm torn on rewards being updated. On the one hand, it still makes buckets of free diamonds which are as relevant as ever.

On the other hand, with the frequency, power, and volume of event rewards SSWs as 'bad SoKs' have moved from temporarily useful to pointless. SoKs now ARE the temporarily useful rewards that you can get 10+ of per event - and SSWs are utterly pointless. Terrace Farms are the only remaining notable expedition reward building - primarily because you get 5 FP a day from one win and it doesn't need Aid to make em. I do think an upward adjustment is in order to expedition rewards soon - make them less frequent if necessary, but worth having when you get.

Algona

Used to be you could get the next era weapons buildings,

You NEVER EVER had that chance in GE.

Exactly right Agent.

Big bad, unresearched but same Era barracks were prizes in some Events, taken away after, hmmm, Winter 2016 (2015?) Event if I remember correctly. They were never a prize in GE.

Add a feature that tells you how long it's been since a player has M/P'd your city?

You can do that now. Go to Town Hall, Event History, select Social Interactions, Aid from there.

Then go to your Social Bar and anyone who shows up needing Aid hasn;' Aidded you recently, either 5 days on PC and I'm not sure how long on mobile, is it still one day?

I do think an upward adjustment is in order to expedition rewards soon - make them less frequent if necessary, but worth having when you get.

A new player in my Guild did 64 his second week of GE. Would it be good for the game to have more powerful prizes available for newer players? For experienced players starting new cities?

DeletedUser29726

A new player in my Guild did 64 his second week of GE. Would it be good for the game to have more powerful prizes available for newer players? For experienced players starting new cities?

Expedition is a good way to fast start a city yes. But in the context of how much you get from an event now, SSWs and FoYs are basically non-prizes and it's all about how fast you get Terrace Farms. That same player that even first week of GE does all 4 a mere two events later will have enough SoKs that building SSWs will be irrelevant - maybe they'll have 4 or so of them by then vs 20+ better SoKs for less work? Tribal Squares are worse still at basically outright traps. They're inefficient at making goods and providing population in low ages and by the time you make it to PE+ where they're even a halfway reasonable option you'll have so many better options.

DeletedUser31540

@xivarmy

SSWs arent completely useless — if i have a 3x2 plot to fill i rather have a SSW to fill it over a SoK - more coins - greater elegance

Of course you could say a SoK and two watchfires is superior (if you value a +8-12% boost to city defense > teeny bit of extra coin) but i value bigger buildings in cases such as this so as not to put too big of a burden on my ‘store building’ stash when editing my city — ill just sell the SSW and move on

I know this is super minor yet its a tiny bit relevant too

I have 3 SSWs in my city and am happy with them for now

All this said i am accumulate a new SSW a lot more often than i sell one so ‘winning’ more does seem rather meaningless

Last edited by a moderator:

Portia the Benevolent

I have 41 Face of the ancient, and 38 Gates of the Sungod. Does anybody know if INNO is going to come up with something we can actually use??? I mean Mass Motivation kits would be great! I'm sick of GE because nothing changes. I have 18 Terrace Farms in reserve. Is there anything new on Beta?
I agree. These same rewards over and over year after year are ridiculous.

UP ONLINE

Agree they should spice things up And change some rewords around.

The Lady Redneck

I actually do not mind the faces and gates now. At 2x2 and no need for roads, with the upgrade that helps your A/D they are handy to pop into an odd corner. and no great loss if you have to delete them later. They are also handy for the Antique Dealer. The only changes I would like to see are some better rewards in lvl 4. Especial for folk with newer cities Getting to 4 is an achievement. We get frags for WWs and FoYs. Why not frags for Reno or one up kits?