• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

DeletedUser38766

I got avatars on both my cities as well. I am not sure if they had set days though, to me it felt like they appeared after digging a certain amount.

DeletedUser28147

Loved the event, hope it comes back again next year. Maybe with a different building. I hope they don't get rid of the league events completely.

Bozman0

I liked the event but did not win.
Only bought the big pack of tools only ended up with a level 8. Bought one pack today to finish needed 18 idols to get to level 9 and got 17 disappointing for sure,
1st event in over 2 years that I did not get the building to the highest level. I don't spend diamond son these events

DeletedUser34947

While I've enjoyed the event, the ending has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I suspect it's just random chance, but I can't help wondering if there was some sort of coded-in bias. I know enough statistics to rationalize it as bad luck, but I still am sore.

About one third of my total event currency was saved for Reno kits, and since I had my L10 WF I could focus on vases. Found between 60-70 vases this morning, but not a single daily prize to be had. Assuming average drop rate of 7%, this can happen about 1 time in 100.

No good solution for a bad run of luck, but I do wish I could have spaced it out rather than only having worthwhile prizes on a few discrete days. Bleah, really started my day in a foul mood after that.

DeletedUser31397

While I've enjoyed the event, the ending has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I suspect it's just random chance, but I can't help wondering if there was some sort of coded-in bias. I know enough statistics to rationalize it as bad luck, but I still am sore.

About one third of my total event currency was saved for Reno kits, and since I had my L10 WF I could focus on vases. Found between 60-70 vases this morning, but not a single daily prize to be had. Assuming average drop rate of 7%, this can happen about 1 time in 100.

No good solution for a bad run of luck, but I do wish I could have spaced it out rather than only having worthwhile prizes on a few discrete days. Bleah, really started my day in a foul mood after that.

It happens. I had about 900 scrolls saved for reno kits today and just looked at it as whatever I get at this point is icing on the cake. Only managed 2 when realistically I could've gotten maybe 4. RNG can be a pain, you just have to stick with the bad luck runs and you will eventually get a nice payout! Good luck in the future!

DeletedUser

Great event! Nice change of pace on the mini-game. Very nice work. Level 10 World's Fair on all 5 worlds without spending Diamonds, but had to pursue it instead of daily specials to be successful. Still roped in a fair amount of decent secondary prizes and daily specials even so.

saknika

This event was a lot of fun. It was hard to not just sit there clearing sand and such, but I'm a big sucker for puzzle-like mini games. LOL Wish I had known to not go for all the vases earlier on (I did eventually figure it out, should have read the forum sooner lol) because that was absolutely a detriment. Had to use some diamonds to correct that error, but I did manage to get the level 10 WF. Definitely a learning curve to this one, but now that I know, I'm ready for another like it.

DeletedUser30312

I had a big pile of tools left over on Parkog since I was saving up for Wishing Well shrinks but they only appeared once. It took me about 20 minutes to use them all up. I gained enough upgrades over there for level 8, but I didn't reach the end of the questline, so I didn't have the last one or the extra scrolls to buy more tools.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Definitely one of the better events Inno has had. Wasn’t sure I was going to make it, but alas, I ended with a level 10 worlds fair in all 3 cities and some other nice prizes to boot.

Would be nice if they had priced one of the exploring tools at 5 scrolls so there would be an opportunity to use every last scroll during the event. I understand different buying choices could have possibly eliminated any leftover scrolls, but I bought what I needed to get where I needed to go. Just ended with 5 scrolls left in 2 cities. Not a big deal.

DeletedUser33805

This thread was a roller coaster ride from start to finish. A lot of people gave up before they even tried because they can't comprehend the concept of applying strategy. If you weren't aware, FoE is a strategy game. It also has aspects of Pay 2 Win, but I'll take a strategic player over a wealthy one any day of the week. The event was simple to navigate because its concept was identical to almost every event they have had so far: players can choose to focus on daily prizes or grand prizes. The trick is to focus on one or the other but not both. I went for grand prizes (gold idols) and ignored daily prizes (vases). Not only did I get a level 10 Fair, I got the extra level 1 fair on both worlds I play on. That's a full 40+ idols more than I needed to get the level 10 fair (7 upgrades from grand prizes, and 2 from the quest line). I'm not going to use the second fair because I refuse to spend money on this game, but the point is that you were given enough to easily get a level 10 Fair without spending a single diamond.

It's cool if you want to give up without even trying, you're what the good players call "targets". I'll thank you in advance for letting me plunder you so often :)

Shout out to Inno, this event was a good time and I appreciate an event where good players can succeed but bad players will fail. There's no fun in a game that just hands you loot, and there's even less fun in a pure P2W game. Finding that balance is tricky, so thanks for taking the time to do so!

DeletedUser38681

Enjoyed by everyone in the guild. Many thought this even was the best event so far. The Worlds Fair and Carousel were great special prizes, and the number of other good prizes was appreciated. Pretty much something for everyone ... players with lots of the basics could concentrate on idols, and for new players every urn was a treasure. Strategy on what tool to use and where was very appreciated, felt like there was a little bit of skill as well as luck at play. My first even as event coordinator for my guild, and this event set a high standard for the next event to meet! Kudos to everyone involved in it's concept, development and implementation.

DeletedUser29623

A fun event, and two thumbs up for making the last daily special a Reno kit instead of a watchfire upgrade or something like that. The growing number of powerful event buildings means Reno kits will never be useless to the majority of players.

Agent327

A fun event, and two thumbs up for making the last daily special a Reno kit instead of a watchfire upgrade or something like that. The growing number of powerful event buildings means Reno kits will never be useless to the majority of players.

I do not agree with you. Reno Kits you can win from Relics, DC and GE. Watchfire upgrades only come in Events.

RazorbackPirate

I do not agree with you. Reno Kits you can win from Relics, DC and GE. Watchfire upgrades only come in Events.
You can win Watchfires from DC. As someone who uses WFs as filler, they're not that exciting to me. I've got some in storage, with no use for them. Reno kits, I'll always have use for. Unlike WFs, they're even a valuable inventory item. I'd much rather use the last of my event currency on a Reno Kit DS than a WF. But that's just me.