• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changes to DNSL feedback.

• Thread starter Stephen Longshanks
  • Start date

DeletedUser

If you have any questions, concerns or comments about the announced change to proposal format requirements, please post them here. You can find the announcement here. You can read the new DNSL here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Recommend explicitly stating in the Dnsl whether or not hypothetical discussion of Dnsl items is permitted in Forge Hall.

Otherwise looks good. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Talk has always been beneficial.
You feel you don't want to vote on it - ok, don't vote, but let us talk
It looks like censorship

DeletedUser8428

It looks like censorship
"Do Not Suggest" means do not propose to Inno (and it might be a good idea to state that explicitly to reduce snarky posts) . So keep it out of the Proposals section, take it to Forge Hall or Questions.

qaccy

Taking the two proposal updates together, it appears that there are now fewer things that are allowed for submission, but these things are also easier to submit due to relaxed requirements for format. So it's likely that, at least for a time, there will be a lot less 'not in proper format' posts and a lot more 'this is on the DNSL' posts.

DeletedUser

Recommend explicitly stating in the Dnsl whether or not hypothetical discussion of Dnsl items is permitted in Forge Hall.
The DNSL is for proposals. Forbidding discussion of DNSL items would have to be covered in the Forum Rules...but I don't see that happening.
It looks like censorship
Talk is what Forge Hall is for. This covers the Proposals section only. Feel free to talk...within the Forum Rules.

Algona

The DNSL is for proposals. Forbidding discussion of DNSL items would have to be covered in the Forum Rules...but I don't see that happening.

Right. Now gp back and reread my post. I say I want an explkicit statement whether its OK or not.

Historically whenever anyone has brought up Dnsl stuff on Forge Hall posters have dismissed the topic with 'That's Dnsl!'.

So why not squelch that all too frequent objection now by explicitly saying in the Dnsl that it's OK to discuss Dnsl items in Forge Hall?

Otherwise you know certain posters will object every time they see someone talking about Dnsl stuff in Forge Ha;, then object more when mods tell them it;s OK inevitably leading to editing and deleting of posts and whining and sniveling endlessy about getting posts edited and deleted.

DeletedUser

Right. Now gp back and reread my post. I say I want an explkicit statement whether its OK or not.

Historically whenever anyone has brought up Dnsl stuff on Forge Hall posters have dismissed the topic with 'That's Dnsl!'.

So why not squelch that all too frequent objection now by explicitly saying in the Dnsl that it's OK to discuss Dnsl items in Forge Hall?

Otherwise you know certain posters will object every time they see someone talking about Dnsl stuff in Forge Ha;, then object more when mods tell them it;s OK inevitably leading to editing and deleting of posts and whining and sniveling endlessy about getting posts edited and deleted.
Well, you know, now that we've put every conceivable item on the DNSL, I'll have a lot of free time on my hands. What better way to spend it than deleting and editing posts in Forge Hall? I mean, if we get the Forum so it can run itself, I'll be out of a job! ;)

barra370804

but as far as how I feel about it, pretty much everything I have proposed is on there XD. If you happen to come across an old proposal of mine that violates the new DNSL, feel free to close it. For example, the trading units proposal.

DeletedUser37581

I think that deciding whether something is DNSL should be the moderator's job, and anyone else posting such nonsense should be warned for pretending to be a moderator. (And the offending post deleted, of course.)

barra370804

Damn..I was just about to propose a new GB that would rotate, strengthen your units and provide diamonds while negating pvp attack and lengthening the fp bar by 10 for every level. Great idea, too...I would have put that badboy up for voting immediately...aww, well, such is life in FoE....
99% sure that was sarcastic but if it wasn't pls kill me

DeletedUser28147

I like the new change to the DSNL, should have been done sooner.