• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

qaccy

This is the 2nd time Inno has made various changes to vikings, all of which are questline/building related. Sort of feels as if they put it live a bit sooner than they would've preferred, before spending enough time considering overall belance within the feature. Needing to ensure Settlements feature in general remained on required timeframe, perhaps.

Naw, there's also two buffs to the rewards from it as well in this batch of changes. This indicates to me that more than rushing it out, these changes make it look pretty likely that not as many players are participating in settlements as Inno would have liked/hoped. Though the changes to the final quest and shorter build times do also lead to a somewhat more 'logical' experience that consists of actually using the buildings you have rather than just building a bunch of stuff at the last minute. It does add at least 5-9 hours to the completion of a settlement, though!

DeletedUser38681

The changelog says
  • "Players who have previously completed Viking Settlements will automatically receive 3 Fragments of the Greater Runestone per completed settlement. " I have completed 5 or 6 settlements (not sure as the start settlement start screen said I would get Lief Erikson on the settlement I am currently on as a reward but the wiki says I should have gotten a level 4 Yggsdriil first and I only have a level 3) and I don't see any fragments in my inventory. Please advise.

Graviton

The changelog says
  • "Players who have previously completed Viking Settlements will automatically receive 3 Fragments of the Greater Runestone per completed settlement. " I have completed 5 or 6 settlements (not sure as the start settlement start screen said I would get Lief Erikson on the settlement I am currently on as a reward but the wiki says I should have gotten a level 4 Yggsdriil first and I only have a level 3) and I don't see any fragments in my inventory. Please advise.

The changelog also says:

"The update to 1.154 will take place on Wednesday, June 12, 2019"

DeletedUser38681

Thank you Graviton I just saw the post date...I stand corrected. I still have the question about if I should be earning a level 4 Yggsdril or Lief Erikoson though (might be a wiki error?) and I do share the concern/disappointment of (it sounds like) not getting the ability to max out the Greater Runestone since I will only get 3 vs 6 fragments for each level already done (and by next Wednesday I will have another level done or miss my date).

Lothar123

What does the announcement mean by "Lastly, we have adjusted the build times for all of the Cultural Goods buildings so they are all take a maximum of 4 hours to build"? Cultural Goods buildings currently all take 1 hour to build. Is Inno changing it so, say, Wool Farms now require 4 hours to build? Or did Inno intend to say that buildings like the Old Willow and Mead Hall will now only take 4 hours to build?

DeletedUser38815

no, the time it takes for productions is maximum 4 hours now, not the time to build the goods building, the goods themselves

RazorbackPirate

What does the announcement mean by "Lastly, we have adjusted the build times for all of the Cultural Goods buildings so they are all take a maximum of 4 hours to build"? Cultural Goods buildings currently all take 1 hour to build. Is Inno changing it so, say, Wool Farms now require 4 hours to build? Or did Inno intend to say that buildings like the Old Willow and Mead Hall will now only take 4 hours to build?
It means that once the changes are applied, the Clan House, Old Willow, and Mead Hall, which currently take 8 hours to build, will then only take 4 hours to build. Everything else stays the same.
no, the time it takes for productions is maximum 4 hours now, not the time to build the goods building, the goods themselves
Incorrect. See above. Cultural Goods will still take the same time to produce and Cultural Goods buildings will still have the same 3 production options, 4, 8 and 24 hour production cycles.

- KQ -

I thought the same thing about the building time. Perhaps #Stephen Longshanks or another moderator can ferret out the answer for us.

- KQ -

It means that once the changes are applied, the Clan House, Old Willow, and Mead Hall, which currently take 8 hours to build, will then only take 4 hours to build. Everything else stays the same.

Incorrect. See above. Cultural Goods will still take the same time to produce and Cultural Goods buildings will still have the same 3 production options, 4, 8 and 24 hour production cycles.

I hope you're correct, but Clan House, Old Willow, and Mead Hall are Diplomacy buildings and not Cultural Goods buildings.

DeletedUser37581

Perhaps at some point the announcement was changed (although I don't see any indication it was edited), but the announcement currently says:
Lastly, we have adjusted the build times for all of the Cultural Settlement buildings so they are all take a maximum of 4 hours to build.

DeletedUser

Pay attention to wording:
"Lastly, we have adjusted the build times for all of the Cultural Settlement buildings so they are all take a maximum of 4 hours to build."
Notice it says "Cultural Settlement buildings"? If you look back at when the feature was announced, it was referred to as "Cultural Settlements", presumably because there will be different cultures making up the different settlements. Therefore, when the Changelog announcement refers to "Cultural Settlement buildings", it is referring to all structures in Cultural Settlements. Currently, there are only 3 buildings that take longer than 4 hours to build. The Old Willow and Clan House, which take 8 hours, and the Mead Hall, which for some reason is showing as 7:46:40 to build. All three of these will be reduced to a 4 hour build time and all other Cultural Settlement buildings' build times will remain as they are currently. Got it?

Lothar123

They changed the wording. The announcement had previously referred to "cultural goods" buildings--meaning the Axe Smith, Mead Brewery, Beastmaster, and Wool Farm. It has since been changed to "cultural settlement" buildings, which makes more sense and answers my question. Thank you.

DeletedUser30791

My only complaint to Inno is that there was not a forum post in the beta forum about the 1.154 update. It looks like beta is actually on 1.155 and there is not a forum post on it either. I had halted after my 9th settlement in beta and had no idea these substantial changes had been made.

As for the changes:
The increase in Runestone fragments is a nice change. Before if you completed all 15 settlement runs optimally you'd only end up with a level 5 runestone and a level 4 runestone. Now you'll get 3 level 5 runestones. Thanks for the additional 3 fragments for each completed settlement run when you didn't have to give us anything.
There were lots of beta tester comments about just doing the 20FP after 5 quests and then aborting the settlement. Swapping the 20FP to be later should have been done before the Viking settlement went live.
Not complaining but really surprised Yggdrasil got improved so much. It was already a great reward.

Really, really glad Virgo is not going to be useful for PvP. Hate plundering but at least it happens rarely due to my defenses. A bunch of newbie plunders with Virgos getting through my defenses would really piss me off.

DeletedUser30791

Anyone have any idea when the next settlement will become available? I noticed a couple weeks ago that a Japanese settlement showed up in addition to the Egyption settlement and they both say coming soon.

DreadfulCadillac

If I had known that Inno was going to nerf the Virgo GB, I wouldn't have spent thousands of FPs to get the blueprints and to trade for the goods. The FoE wiki for the Virgo Project GB made NO mentioned that it was going to be nerfed almost immediately after being released. It really sucks that it can only be used in the GE.
Shame on you FoE for essentially pulling a bait and switch. I can say with certainty that the Virgo would not have been pursued by very many players.
This leaves me with such a bad view of Inno especially about pulling this after the Virgo was released that it paints nothing but a greedy corporation selling bad automobiles knowingly.
next time, read the forum for info.we have been talking bot it for a long time..BOTH wikis can be unreliable sometimes

Agent327

While I am happy with being gifted the extra fragments for each completion, I do have a problem with the Inno math. If someone were to start Vikings from the beginning and finish each Settlement on time, you would end up earning 15 Runestone fragments per Settlement, or one kit each on time completion. 15 successful completions meeting the shortest time frame would give you 3 complete level 5 Greater Runestones.

Having completed 13 settlements so far, currently on my 14th which I'll likely complete prior to the patch, at the completion of my 15th successful Viking Settlement under the first time frame, I will NOT end up with 3 level 5 Greater Runestones. That's disappointing.

With those who didn't complete any settlements under any of the time frames also getting 3 free fragments, I feel like half the fragments I earned are now being given to players who did not earn them. Again, disappointing. I've worked hard to complete all of them on time, seems I'm now missing the full benefit of all my hard work.

Not the end of the world, but after embracing Settlements and working hard to earn the top rewards, it's disappointing NOT to end up with the top rewards for the hard work I put in to earn them. Thanks for half a loaf, but let's face it, feels like I'm ending up a half a loaf short.

CM on the international forum gave this explanation

This is what was chosen to to give rather than nothing as it was not practical do go back for each individual player

DeletedUser

They changed the wording. The announcement had previously referred to "cultural goods" buildings--meaning the Axe Smith, Mead Brewery, Beastmaster, and Wool Farm. It has since been changed to "cultural settlement" buildings, which makes more sense and answers my question. Thank you.
No, they didn't. The announcement post has not been edited, meaning it is exactly as it was first posted.

Agent327

Shame on you FoE for essentially pulling a bait and switch. I can say with certainty that the Virgo would not have been pursued by very many players.
This leaves me with such a bad view of Inno especially about pulling this after the Virgo was released that it paints nothing but a greedy corporation selling bad automobiles knowingly.

More shame on you and those others for not reading the announcement. The moment you want to complain you have no problem finding this forum, so what stopped you from reading the announcement?

Lothar123

No, they didn't. The announcement post has not been edited, meaning it is exactly as it was first posted.
The original language was "Lastly, we have adjusted the build times for all of the Cultural Goods buildings so they are all take a maximum of 4 hours to build." I copied and pasted it--I did NOT retype it--in my post above. When subsequent posts noted the wording difference, I went back to the tab in which I had the original announcement open and confirmed that it referred to Cultural Goods buildings, not Cultural Settlement buildings. I clicked "refresh" and watched the wording change.