• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to entice players to trade lower age good for future Goods?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38613
  • Start date

DeletedUser38613

If you can't tell, we're talking about The Arc. I'm in EMA and a lot of my fellow guild members are either far higher up or around my era but already established with their arcs. SO I'm having a LOT of trouble gathering Future Goods to build my Arc and I can't seem to get anyone to bite for my EMA and below goods to help me build my arc. Is there other ways or other strategies for someone in a lower age to aquire higher aged goods?

barra370804

Promise like, 450 fps on one of their GBs in exchange for all the goods, that's the deal that I currently have running. (as the buyer, not the seller)

*EDIT* In what world are you in need of future goods?

DeletedUser38613

Promise like, 450 fps on one of their GBs in exchange for all the goods, that's the deal that I currently have running. (as the buyer, not the seller)
The thing is, I'm already doing it for people (on their Arc GBs of course). And per 10 hours, I currently can only produce at max 17 FP. So it's a slow giveaway.

DreadfulCadillac

*EDIT* In what world are you in need of future goods?[/QUOTE
in the post he said he needed those goods to build a arc

barra370804

I got 2 to go. SO I thought I'd get a headstart on collecting Goods. Also, I stated I'm in EMA
1. NO NO NO NO NO. Get all the BPs first, when you only have 17 FPs to juggle, you CANNOT be going for BPs and future goods at the same time

2. EMA means Early Middle Ages, which is an age, not a world, for example, my world is Odhrorvar

Worlds1.png

DeletedUser38613

1. NO NO NO NO NO. Get all the BPs first, when you only have 17 FPs to juggle, you CANNOT be going for BPs and future goods at the same time

2. EMA means Early Middle Ages, which is an age, not a world, for example, my world is Odhrorvar

Worlds1.png
My Bad. Thie particular collection is happening in Brisgard. And, I don't see why I can't collect goods while providing FP at the same time. Perhaps it's because I'm new, but I'm confused.

barra370804

My Bad. I don't see why I can't collect goods while providing FP at the same time.
It's not that you can't, more of a situation where you shouldn't. The most common way to trade that far up is a FP exchange, which you are not prepared for if you are trying to do that and get arc BPs with only 17 FPs to deal with. I respect your desire to multitask, but from where you stand, I would be a cruel troll to tell you to try and do both.

BruteForceAttack

My Bad. Thie particular collection is happening in Brisgard. And, I don't see why I can't collect goods while providing FP at the same time. Perhaps it's because I'm new, but I'm confused.

No one really will trade you FE goods for EMA goods, it is like expecting to trade a 1 dollar bill for 100.

Find an Arc goods seller who is working on their arc and get you atleast 5th spot on their arc. This way you get bps and goods at the same time.

B-World is well established, if you go on pc and ask in global chat that you are looking for arc goods you will get plenty of response. Don't think you should pay more than 200 fps in B-world.

DeletedUser3789

Most people pay for the goods with FP's. However, don't search for BP's at the same time.
Get the full set of BP's first, THEN find someone who will sell you the goods.

RazorbackPirate

If your guild isn't helping, then get a new guild. That's just a bad guild.
I disagree. There's no reason why anyone should have an expectation that guild members will take a loss on goods, 'just because.' While I'm always willing to throw a guildmate or friend a deal, if I'm selling goods for FPs, I'm not giving away my stuff to anyone, guildmate or not. Just like everyone else, the OP should be buying their Arc goods for FPs. They should not be trying to 'guilt' their guildmates into taking their bad trades.

Please don't perpetuate the attitude that just because a player is more advanced, they somehow owe others something for free, whether that player is inside the guild or not. I've gotten a ton of help from others by never asking for it, or expecting it. That attitude is not only presumptuous, but kind of offensive.

I got my CF and Traz goods from a guildmate. I did my research and found the going rate on my world was 200 FPs for a set. I emailed a couple guildmates in PE asking if anyone wanted to sell me PE goods. One guild member responded. I told him what I needed and what the going rate was, saying I'd rather buy them in guild to keep the FPs in guild, instead of paying for goods to someone outside. They came back saying they would sell them for 100 FPs.

I was thankful to be offered a deal and happy to accept. I got 2 full sets for the price of one. But I still paid. Deal or no deal, I was willing to pay a guildmate the going rate for the goods I needed just to keep the 'love' inside the guild. No reason why the OP shouldn't be willing to do the same. The OP is not asking for help, they're looking for a handout.

It's not a bad guild just because no one wants to give handouts to a needy player who can't pull their weight.

Godly Luke

I disagree. There's no reason why anyone should have an expectation that guild members will take a loss on goods, 'just because.' While I'm always willing to throw a guildmate or friend a deal, if I'm selling goods for FPs, I'm not giving away my stuff to anyone, guildmate or not. Just like everyone else, the OP should be buying their Arc goods for FPs. They should not be trying to 'guilt' their guildmates into taking their bad trades.

Please don't perpetuate the attitude that just because a player is more advanced, they somehow owe others something for free, whether that player is inside the guild or not. I've gotten a ton of help from others by never asking for it, or expecting it. That attitude is not only presumptuous, but kind of offensive.

I got my CF and Traz goods from a guildmate. I did my research and found the going rate on my world was 200 FPs for a set. I emailed a couple guildmates in PE asking if anyone wanted to sell me PE goods. One guild member responded. I told him what I needed and what the going rate was, saying I'd rather buy them in guild to keep the FPs in guild, instead of paying for goods to someone outside. They came back saying they would sell them for 100 FPs.

I was thankful to be offered a deal and happy to accept. I got 2 full sets for the price of one. But I still paid. Deal or no deal, I was willing to pay a guildmate the going rate for the goods I needed just to keep the 'love' inside the guild. No reason why the OP shouldn't be willing to do the same. The OP is not asking for help, they're looking for a handout.

It's not a bad guild just because no one wants to give handouts to a needy player who can't pull their weight.
The reason I am saying this, is because I am 1, and nice person and like to help other guild mates for free, and 2, it isn't allowed to sell goods for fps to guildies in any guild I've been in.

DeletedUser

If your guild isn't helping, then get a new guild. That's just a bad guild.
I disagree.
The OP is not asking for help, they're looking for a handout.
I'm going with @Godly Luke on this one. The OP is not looking for a handout, he is looking for help. And all his guild mates with their Arcs aren't helping him by teaching him how you go about getting Arc goods. So he came here asking for help in figuring it out. I know those of us that have been playing a while can't relate very well, but not all players absorb all this extraneous info in the natural course of things. Some players probably feel like they're wandering around in the dark, especially if they are unlucky enough to be in a bad guild that doesn't teach newbies anything, which seems to be the case here.
it isn't allowed to sell goods for fps to guildies in any guild I've been in.
That is interesting. I believe I would leave a guild with that rule. And I am one who refuses to take FP from guild mates for goods transactions. But to say that no one can sell goods for FPs, even at a discount seems a bit over the top. I could see setting a maximum that could be charged, but to forbid it altogether is too draconian for me.

RazorbackPirate

The reason I am saying this, is because I am 1, and nice person and like to help other guild mates for free, and 2, it isn't allowed to sell goods for fps to guildies in any guild I've been in.
I've never been in a guild with that kind of restriction. Everyone sells to everyone for whatever price can be agreed upon. Absolutely, guild members get deals, but few freebies.

I also reject your guilt trip. I'm a nice person and I help anyone I can. To imply otherwise is rubbish.

DeletedUser38613

wow, well ok then. Didn't know learning strategies meant looking for handouts. I'll choose my words better next time on this game.

Most people here are saying you gotta pay for for Future goods, then fine by me. I'll just have to make it work and see about any installment plans or simply save up. I'm willing to do so. The game doesn't run out of goods,it just makes people work for it, so no skin off my nose. I'm down with dealings.