• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

what is the longest time spent holding out on (military tactics)

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date

DeletedUser40061

iam just (1) point away from unlocking MT. but its fate is undecided as of now. meaning i have no pressing desire to aquire it just yet. why the reluctancy you might ask..i will tell you, it does open doors for attacking and plundering -iam always short on supplies...but the prospect of being a victim doesnt sit with me very well. mainly because i have no GBs that can motivate my armies in way of defense boost capabilities. i thought getting the oracle of delphi would boost their military morale, but all they do is spend lazy afternoons bathing there! thats no way to treat a low level GB:confused: iam looking forward to building the statue of zeus...surely this would have a more positive effect on their morale.

so whats the longest time you ever held out before you were forced to unlock the dreaded military tactics?

RazorbackPirate

I opened it pretty quickly not much knowing better one way or another. I was quickly plundered, which forced me to learn how to set up a defending army. I don't invest in defense, being top 5 in my hood serves as a deterrent, then a good offense takes care of anyone who does attack. If someone breaches my defenses, plundered or not, I will always attack them back and breach their defense.

Everything in my city is set to 24 hour production except for one or two items on 8. I'm typically on time with my collections so it's pretty rare I ever get plundered by even the few who try to attack and get in. Once I've breached their defenses back, I'm rarely attacked again. Not that I care either way.

Not rushing tech and working to overproduce in my city, I'm not that bothered if something gets pinched now and again. I just attack back and look to pinch something in return.

Having said that, I see no problem with holding back to build and level Zues a bit and by doing so, improve your hood standing. That will make you less of a target and helps you hit back. Slow down, get strong. I've found the best defense is a good offense. Plus it will help you fight more of GE.

DeletedUser

iam looking forward to building the statue of zeus...surely this would have a more positive effect on their morale.
Only your attacking troops. Your city defenders (which you get to choose once you unlock MT) couldn't care less about the Zeus. :)

Oh, and my current city on Tuulech is 5 months old and I have still not unlocked Military Tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40061

iam going to try holding out for 5 months..more or less..even though with my current armies, arent doing well in terms of aquiring sectors in west nagach...because the opposing sides have catapults and strong mounted horsemen. thats what i want...but mounted horsemen would be avaliable after unlock military tactics, doh! i will do the best as i can

RazorbackPirate

iam going to try holding out for 5 months..more or less..even though with my current armies, arent doing well in terms of aquiring sectors in west nagach...because the opposing sides have catapults and strong mounted horsemen. thats what i want...but mounted horsemen would be avaliable after unlock military tactics, doh! i will do the best as i can
Stop progressing on the map. It's not going anywhere. There's no rewards for getting killed.

DeletedUser40061

so the continent map fighting isnt really that important..hmm but some of those negotiations -are a tricky bunch.:confused:

RazorbackPirate

so the continent map fighting isnt really that important..hmm but some of those negotiations -are a tricky bunch.:confused:
For the most part, the tech tree, continent map, story quests, and bonus quests are not that important. at least as far as needing to get through them in any particular time frame. None of them are going anywhere and there's no rewards for being quick.

The rewards lie for those willing to take their time to get strong, especially in the early ages. Set yourself up now and you'll have an easier time later. Trying to sprint a marathon rarely works out well. You'll only hit the wall.

DeletedUser34800

Someone in my guild spent over a year before unlocking military tactics and PvP. They actually went into the EMA without unlocking military tactics. They grabbed the bottom techs in the Iron Age tech tree, and then grabbed Multistory Houses in the EMA, thus allowing them to be in the EMA but not have PvP unlocked. Was their personal choice, but they seemed happy never being plundered or attacked, even if they couldn't do it either. They never had to worry about collection times or anything.

Great buildings and event special buildings gave them all the goods they needed for GE negotiating if needed, but they got all their attack GBs to level 10 (including the Terracotta Army) so fighting GE was super easy.

Wasn't me. When I started, I basically sprinted into the Colonial Age, and didn't slow down and learn the game till the Industrial Age. I'm in the Progressive Era now, and have caught up and fixed my mistakes, but it took a very long time.

I wish I had taken it slow and stayed in the lower ages. Well worth it. I probably would have gone into the EMA without unlocking military tactics as well, if I had known about it, or had a clue what I was doing back then.

DeletedUser40061

see, the good thing is not worry about collection times as you say..i would be constantly logging onto the tablet worrying to death. it would of taken my whole life away..even the wife would consider a divorce:p..she would say "its me or FOE" which is it going to be?

DeletedUser40061

if you arent aware, iam very gung ho when it comes to battles...even after i settled in jaims, i immediatley fought my way clearing many sectors. i love confrontations with a little revenge mixed in...but military tactics is on another scale...i know that iam not able to defeat the more advanced soldiers while in GE because they have catapults which i dont have and mounted archers which i again dont have...and i get defeated 98% of the time...but i still try. i even thinking about bringing back some old bronze age military buildings. i wanna holdout on military tactics for as long as i can.

Jern2017

When I started playing the game, I rushed through the ages and didn't even pay attention to what exactly I was unlocking - took me a while to figure out the masked robber icon hovering above my building meant someone plundered me.

On my diamond farm world, where I'm still camped in the Iron Age after a year, I was more careful. I don't remember when exactly I unlocked PVP, but it must have been less than five months ago.

I don't have enought time to farm diamonds in the GE there, so I'm trying to obtain as much Wishing Wells as possible. Since you can get WWs or fragments of WWs and shrink kits from the Daily Challenges, I unlocked PVP to be able to complete challenges that require me to win a certain amount of battles or defeat a certain number of units. I was expecting a lot more attacks from neighbors, especially since I also attack. Apart from crossing paths with hardcore players with high level military GBs occassionally, I generally get attacked only once every few weeks and I even rarely get plundered.

Most of the players I've encountered in my year of staying in the IA have a two spearfighter defense and little to no attack boost for their offensive army, so they are not a threat.

DeletedUser40061

one of my cities, i have designated it as a sanctuary. meaning i have removed all forms of military bldgs because ive decided to leave it in its current age, iron. only 2 others are in advancement stages. my radical idea has delighted the citizens...they were tired of all the what ifs on outsiders attacking-weighing heavily on their minds. and now its a haven for all who come to seek peaceful refuge. however! its now attracting migrants from central america and mexico, go figure:confused:

DeletedUser40061

no direspect towards you bro;) i beleive every migrant refugee should be able to settle down in a sanctuary city...far from fear of deportation and other fears