• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

IngeJones

View attachment 13756 What do the "Mars Terraforming" tech items actually do? At first I thought it was directly related to unlocking new life support buildings, but it only shows up on two of the research items. I tried searching through the SAM announcement and watched the video, but they don't mention Mars Terraforming specifically. Can someone confirm what this actually does? What does "allowing for some plants to grow" do? This may influence what I prioritize first when moving through tech. Thanks!
JfST1XGgU1w7G1Sh6

I asked this myself further back, but either no one knows, or they all thought I should Google it or something :)

Zatrikon

I asked this myself further back, but either no one knows, or they all thought I should Google it or something :)
I assume it does nothing. That it's just an aesthetic thing, like the avatar pictures. When you get that tech, the graphics of Mars will show more plants. (I could be wrong, though.)

MrBeer

Why is Oxygen so difficult to procure ? The real good quantity of O2 buildings is almost at the end of the quests . At 18 per this 1x1 needs a massive amount to satisfy the needs of the colony .

DeletedUser28592

I assume it does nothing. That it's just an aesthetic thing, like the avatar pictures. When you get that tech, the graphics of Mars will show more plants. (I could be wrong, though.)
haven't unlocked that tech yet . moving through techs a little slow (build 3 virgos with first 9000 goods) and following the techs along with the questline. don't have any info to prove this but the assumption I am making is that once terraforming is unlocked the mars colony will then produce an ever increasing amount of oxygen without the need for oxygen producing buildings. just a wild guess. looking ahead it seems as the need for mars ore diminishes and the need for oxygen diminishes (through terraforming) the mars colony becomes more and more valuable as a place to produce goods. ofcourse with only 2 deposits on the map it seems to make sense to partner up with players that have other deposits for trading . but something tells me even though mars arrived as a whole there may more maps added later, to give more deposits and more chances for mars ore production. all just speculation.

DeletedUser3485

SAM, ugh... the death of this game. Lets see how long it takes before you nerf the AR systems in the new units because they over balance play.

DeletedUser32063

Well, INNO screwed us again....making Virgo useless to many...members went above and beyond to get it and now BAM...The owners or decision makers of this game really should hire someone for PR as THEY SUCK AT IT!

Algona

Well, INNO screwed us again

I can't understand anyone who plays any game for any length of time and can make this statement.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

If you think you got screwed and stuck around to be screwed again, (how many times has INNO screwed you?) then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Yeah, their PR is so bad that you and a third of a million other players keep playing and the number oif players keeps going up.

DeletedUser28124

IF I am reading this correctly anybody in VF with Renovation kits/One-Ups Has now got useless junk in their inventory as we won't (as has always been the case) be able to move our Terrace Farms/Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or IMPORTANTLY any special buildings to SAM level and produce SAM goods...So IF I'm correct, the question is: Why didn't Inno think this through and tell people well in advance? :mad::mad::mad:
What are you even talking about here?

DeletedUser28124

IF I am reading this correctly anybody in VF with Renovation kits/One-Ups Has now got useless junk in their inventory as we won't (as has always been the case) be able to move our Terrace Farms/Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or IMPORTANTLY any special buildings to SAM level and produce SAM goods...So IF I'm correct, the question is: Why didn't Inno think this through and tell people well in advance? :mad::mad::mad:
Huh?

DeletedUser28124

I can't understand anyone who plays any game for any length of time and can make this statement.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

If you think you got screwed and stuck around to be screwed again, (how many times has INNO screwed you?) then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Yeah, their PR is so bad that you and a third of a million other players keep playing and the number oif players keeps going up.
Totally agree with you, if you do not have the foresight to know not to rush right into a new era just thinking everything is going to be roses and you want to be the 1st kid on the block to rip people off on goods.. then you should probably just not comment about MARS era at all.

shughes3

stuck on Nobisia province (2 wave battle, 8 sentinals, 4 sentinals) keeping enough survivors for wave 2 very difficult. ironically seems like I may need virgo to beat! if anyone can beat it please share:)
1 heavy and 7 rogues beats it easily. Keep your heavy out of the action first wave.