• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Shrine of inspiration

DeletedUser

if you upgrade a SoI, does it advance the random blueprints to your age or does it even matter?
It doesn't even matter. Why? Because you should never build the SoI in the first place. And even if you do, you should NEVER waste a Renovation Kit or One-Up Kit on it. NEVER!!!!!! There are so many easy ways to get BPs, from aiding to donating to GBs to getting them from incidents to DC rewards to GE rewards, you should never waste a 3x3 space in your city on a building that only gives you one random blueprint every two days. Did I mention that you should never build the SoI? Because you really shouldn't. Ever.

Emberguard

SoI should give current age BPs regardless of age of building

If you want SoI you could always use the current event building to do so as it gives on 24 hr instead of 48 hr for smaller space

That being said - you’d be better off getting FPs for the event building

And is it worth having SoI? I find it worth it in cities without an Arc where I’m not getting far in GE.

Lancer

SoI should give current age BPs regardless of age of building

If you want SoI you could always use the current event building to do so as it gives on 24 hr instead of 48 hr for smaller space

That being said - you’d be better off getting FPs for the event building

And is it worth having SoI? I find it worth it in cities without an Arc where I’m not getting far in GE.

I know that you will acquire current age bp's, but I believe that you can also get bp's from previous ages as well. I'm not certain because of how long it has been since I've had one.

Regardless, like you stated, there is much better ways to use the 3x3 space that SoI takes up.

DeletedUser30312

I'm pretty sure an upgrade will advance the ages for the bps, but I agree with @Stephen Longshanks. There's almost no reason to build the SoI ever. The only times I used one were in newer cities where I tossed it down for some coin production and trashed it as soon as something better came along. Prints are so stupidly easy to get that a building that only produces once every two days just isn't worth it. So many better uses for a 3x3 in this game.

Algona

SoI is a Godsend to one niche group: antisocial self levelers.

You'll spot this rare brred scattered thorughout the Eras. No Guild affiliation, never Aid Friends. All their GBs are about the same level except maybe a newer one.

If you approach them carefully (they tend to be real skittish) you might add them to your Friends list. As noted they will never Aid you, but they make great FP farms.

DeletedUser30312

Feh.

Antisocial self-levelers can't be bothered to help anyone else, so they deserve such a crappy event building clogging up their city.

I'll be honest, I've got a few side cities that I'm just using to plunk WWs down in, and I self level there because what else am I going to do with the FP? I still wouldn't waste space on a SoI though.

DeletedUser36181

I have five shrines of Inspiration and currently replacing my Soks with them. My soccer event will create another one. They give an amount of gold equal to their age. They give a blueprint equal to the age you are currently at. For example, my iron age gives equal to my modern age of blueprint. Yes, I even upgrade them for the ranking points. I do not have a an arc as I raise my own GBs. I will wait till its time. My guild though small helps me level my GBs no matter what they are. I like that this game allows us to make our own cities. I play one world. I usually have near max friends. I aide every day. If you have nothing to aide I return later. This includes tavern sitting and that is daily. I check everyone's Gb's x3 daily to see if I can find something to donate to that I like. My arc prints are stacking nicely. I spend on average per arc print 4 FP.

BruteForceAttack

I have five shrines of Inspiration and currently replacing my Soks with them. My soccer event will create another one. They give an amount of gold equal to their age. They give a blueprint equal to the age you are currently at. For example, my iron age gives equal to my modern age of blueprint. Yes, I even upgrade them for the ranking points. I do not have a an arc as I raise my own GBs. I will wait till its time. My guild though small helps me level my GBs no matter what they are. I like that this game allows us to make our own cities. I play one world. I usually have near max friends. I aide every day. If you have nothing to aide I return later. This includes tavern sitting and that is daily. I check everyone's Gb's x3 daily to see if I can find something to donate to that I like. My arc prints are stacking nicely. I spend on average per arc print 4 FP.

SOK is one of the most valuable item in FoE, I'd use the fps that sok generates to invest in GBs for which you are hunting BPs.

DeletedUser40495

Why the heck would you EVER delete a SoK, especially for a building like the Sol? Just wondering, but that seems plain stupid to me. This game is all about FP production. Period. If you make more FP than your rivals and use it more wisely than them, you will quickly outpace them. Why would you ever, EVER, reduce your daily FP intake to get a few prints you most likely don’t even need every two days? Sniping, even without an arc, can get you way more prints than a few SoI, and those prints will surely be ones you actually want and need. And what allows you to snipe better (besides having an arc of course)? More FP production. NEVER reduce FP production unless you absolutely have to. That’s just common sense.

Lancer

You'll spot this rare brred scattered thorughout the Eras. No Guild affiliation, never Aid Friends. All their GBs are about the same level except maybe a newer one.

If you approach them carefully (they tend to be real skittish) you might add them to your Friends list. As noted they will never Aid you, but they make great FP farms.

Very well said, once you have been around for a while you do see this scenario from time to time, it is a rare happening.

DeletedUser38613

sounds like they have no value. How does their FP farm help YOU?

DeletedUser38226

I have one SoI in my one world. I think it gives my age and below on the prints. Since I decided to camp in LMA, that age range is reasonably constrained. If I were to advance in age, I assume it would be less interesting.

I don't think it is exactly valuable, but random prints will occasionally be something I want that requires effort to get.

This game is about whatever you decide to make it about.

DeletedUser38226

I'm now up to 7 shrines of inspiration in my city and another 10 in inventory.

My experience has been that the shrine level only influences coin production. The BP will be your age or below.

I'm progressive now and I sold the SoKs to the antique dealer. The game changes going to modern age. Time will tell what I will decide to do with the WW farm and any space I may free up.

The arc gives nice bonuses, but it's for followers, not leaders.

DreadfulCadillac

My experience has been that the shrine level only influences coin production. The BP will be your age or below.

I'm progressive now and I sold the SoKs to the antique dealer. The game changes going to modern age. Time will tell what I will decide to do with the WW farm and any space I may free up.

The [redacted] You sold soks and kept soi !!!?

Last edited:

Agent327

Great necro!

It really needed that. What would we do without your info.