• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improving City Shield in PvP

DeletedUser40585

Having city shield in the game is a great idea. It protects you from PvP attacks when you feel you're at disadvantage. This is a brilliant idea but the problem is when you have city shield on, you shouldn't be able to attack others in PvP. Every other part of attack (GvG, GE, Quests) should still be on but PvP attacks should be prevented. This means the way city is protecting you from PvP attacks, it should also prevent you from attacking others.

Reason for this proposal is because some players will put on a new city shield after the initial one lapses to block attacks on them but will be able to attacking others from behind the shield restlessly. Imagine a player who has been on city shield for over 3 weeks now while no one in the hood can attack him, he's able to attack everyone on a daily basis. This is like incapacitating other players who are really interested in PvP part of the game. This loophole has been exploited enough at their own advantages and such is not a fair game.

PS: This is not about debate or removing city shield altogether. City shield is a core part of the game like every other online game. But in every online game that I have played that involves attack, such idea is implemented.... do you want to protect yourself and let others rest or you want to settle your case by counterattack after being attacked.

Thank you all.

DeletedUser28147

I'm pretty sure something like this has been proposed before but even still.
Those people who use city shield are just better at strategizing and so they win.

DeletedUser

This has been proposed multiple times and has never garnered any support, and I don't see that changing.

Super Catanian

Quoting what @Godly Luke said above me, it can be expensive to maintain a continuous cycle of City Shields.

Also, here's something that has never been mentioned before.
If a quest requires you to activate Boosts in the Tavern, you can't rely on City Shields for those.

DeletedUser40585

Not only that. Technically it is DNSL.

How is suggesting improvement to city shield technically in DNSL?

Like I said, I've no time for debate here.

Thank you for saying something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40585

Quoting what @Godly Luke said above me, it can be expensive to maintain a continuous cycle of City Shields.

Also, here's something that has never been mentioned before.
If a quest requires you to activate Boosts in the Tavern, you can't rely on City Shields for those.

As much as it's expensive, some players can afford it.

For that 3 weeks, it's just 7 time activation = 196, 000 silvers. I've more than that

DeletedUser40585

I'm pretty sure something like this has been proposed before but even still.
Those people who use city shield are just better at strategizing and so they win.

Well, as it is right now, it's working for them. Hope this would change one day.

DeletedUser

As @Agent327 points out (but please use the Report button next time rather than post about it), this is on the Do Not Suggest List for proposals, as it would alter/limit plundering. I will move it to Forge Hall in case anyone wants to discuss it further.

Emberguard

The only way to continuously keep one up is to use all their incoming silver on it. Plus while that shield is up they either can’t do tasks requiring activating additional boosts -OR- it costs them diamonds and yet more tavern silver.

If they’re able to keep it going indefinitely they’d also have to maintain 140 friends visiting them all daily. So if you find one of these plundering constant shielders send them a friend invite. Chances are if you can get them to accept they’re an active aider. If they’re not then either they’re not actually using the shield constantly /or/ they’re spending out of the backlog from however many years of playing and will eventually run out of silver

DeletedUser

As much as it's expensive, some players can afford it.

For that 3 weeks, it's just 7 time activation = 196, 000 silvers. I've more than that
It's actually 168,000 Silver to run the City Shield for 3 weeks. 24,000 for 3 days times 7 equals 168,000. But in order to break even over those 3 weeks, you would have to have 104 friends visit your Tavern every day for those 3 weeks, and only empty it when it was full. That's emptying it 6.5 times per day. Every day. And only when it is completely full.

Emberguard

That's technically possible.... but unlikely to happen without constant monitoring due to timezones and motivation. I know someone who individually messages all 140 of his friends when they miss a day to get them to aid and tavern visit daily. And it works. But it also takes a lot of ongoing work to maintain.

@Stephen Longshanks did you account for visiting other taverns? I reckon you could get 700 silver daily from that.

Agent327

It's actually 168,000 Silver to run the City Shield for 3 weeks. 24,000 for 3 days times 7 equals 168,000. But in order to break even over those 3 weeks, you would have to have 104 friends visit your Tavern every day for those 3 weeks, and only empty it when it was full. That's emptying it 6.5 times per day. Every day. And only when it is completely full.

You forgot you need to spend silver if you want to do quests so you need more. On the other hand you can be in a hood where you do not need the shield at all for two weeks.

Emberguard

You forgot you need to spend silver if you want to do quests so you need more. On the other hand you can be in a hood where you do not need the shield at all for two weeks.
Or go through so many hoods that don’t attack for months :D

DeletedUser40585

Yes, that's correct. I gathered more than 200K slivers because I only used them for events. I have a good attack % and I don't care about my defense and don't city shield, so my silver keeps accumulating . However, it's hard for anyone to plunder me. 15 year in a row, no one got away with my produce. I collect all with diamond everyday same time. It's just annoying that you can't attack them back because they're afraid of being paid back.

Last edited by a moderator: