• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I don't think I understand how the Rain Forest Project GB works

DeletedUser29623

According to the description in the GB Overview window, at level 2, this GB's benefit is "+40% increased chance of finding a blueprint from the normal chance when you aid another player."

Foolishly, I assumed it would increase my likelihood of getting a blueprint when I aid another player to 40%. But that's not the case, as I can't detect any change in the frequency with which bps drop at this point, and I have a decent sized sample of player whom I aid every day.

So, does the description mean that if, say, the normal rate of print drops is .01%, the rate has been increased by 40% of that .01% -- in other words, by .004%? JFC, if so. That is pretty stingy.

RazorbackPirate

So, does the description mean that if, say, the normal rate of print drops is .01%, the rate has been increased by 40% of that .01% -- in other words, by .004%? JFC, if so. That is pretty stingy.
This is the way I have always understood it, but would also like some confirmation. I, like you, have always been a bit confused.

DeletedUser

That would have to be the way it works, as the boost at level 80 is 463%. It wouldn't make any sense to have a 463% chance of finding a BP, so it must mean the the base % is increased by 463%. Meaning that if the base was 2%, at level 80 it would be 9.26%. Doesn't hardly seem worth it, now does it?

RazorbackPirate

Doesn't hardly seem worth it, now does it?
At first glance, I would say no. But I can see a value if you wanted to build and raise GBs that are 'off the beaten path', like RFP itself. There's not a ton of them out there, so if you want to level one high, you may have limited options to acquire enough prints outside of a leveling club. It's easy to get points added to any GB being raised, but some of them, like RFP, prints that pop from the aid button might be the only way.

We all complain about Colo prints because we get them constantly from an early age even though few ever build one. What if you're in CA and want to raise Atomium or SN or GS? There's not a ton being built and raised to donate to, so nothing else but aiding gives you a chance for prints. Combine RFP with the same aiding strategy you'd use for DT, targeting specific age buildings for specific age prints, even a 5% chance, one in 20 aids on average, seems a good way to go.

RFP is niche, no doubt, but I can see its use under the right scenario.

DeletedUser29623

I built it thinking the boost would be more significant and because I was having a hard time getting Chat prints despite being in a largish guild. You can’t get prints from leveling other players’ GBs if they’re not leveling them! I’m going to keep it for exactly the reasons @RazorbackPirate states. Most of the GBs my guildies and neighbors are leveling I’ve either leveled high enough (Arc) or don’t need, like military GBs. (Or have an irrational hatred for, like the Cape.)

DeletedUser29726

The base chance is 1% by most accounts (not official, but it's lined up with most instances of testing I've seen). As for 'worth it' - at level 10 it's +93%. If you aid 200 people a day that's 0.93*200*0.01 = ~2 extra blueprints a day. That's honestly not too bad - taking it much further than that would require other people also interested in doing so and if you thought finding chateau levelers was hard... I don't think you should plan on finding rainforest blueprints :)

DeletedUser29623

I admit it’s irrational, but first, the Cape is ugly af, and having the Inno Tower and the Dynamic Tower in my city is already bumming me out on that front. Second, it’s just grindy and not any fun. I have at least 1 GB that I’m keeping in large part because of its looks (St. Basils), and I know that one of the things I enjoy about the game is the element of chance and winning prizes. Blue Galaxy is my idea of a fun GB, especially with all these OP new event buildings. So while I will probably break down at some point and build it anyway, I find the Cape a dispiriting option and am putting it off as long as possible. It’s not like there’s a way to win FoE, and for the amount of time I spend staring at my cities I might as well enjoy the sight.

RazorbackPirate

I admit it’s irrational, but first, the Cape is ugly af, and having the Inno Tower and the Dynamic Tower in my city is already bumming me out on that front. Second, it’s just grindy and not any fun. I have at least 1 GB that I’m keeping in large part because of its looks (St. Basils), and I know that one of the things I enjoy about the game is the element of chance and winning prizes. Blue Galaxy is my idea of a fun GB, especially with all these OP new event buildings. So while I will probably break down at some point and build it anyway, I find the Cape a dispiriting option and am putting it off as long as possible. It’s not like there’s a way to win FoE, and for the amount of time I spend staring at my cities I might as well enjoy the sight.
I've held off building Cape for a host of other reasons, but find yours perfectly acceptable. Cape is a one trick pony. It eats a ton of FPs to give you FPs back. Like you said, grindy and no fun.

DeletedUser33179

That's an awful lot of fps to get a level 10 RFP for ~2 extra bps a day from doing 200 aides each day.

I'm now in a similar situation as you regarding CF prints, as well as DT & SV. But, I just don't think the size & fp investment for RFP is worth it for me personally.

Have you considered an alternate idea... this current event's Altar Garden that provides 1bp per day (+ a fair amount of population/happiness & some coin/supplies) for 3x2 size?

It appears only 1 fully leveled AG is likely to be won without diamonds. While being able to choose which bonus we like is nice, none of the buildings are terribly earth-shattering (at least for me) & take up relatively little space - and you only have to click once each day to collect it. Therefore, I think it's an opportune time for perhaps a more creative choice for a final event building. It's bit atypical, but does have merit for certain situations

Emberguard

Yeah pretty sure that's how it works xD What the actual base numbers are and how it calculates I don't know other then basing it off experience from playing the game / looking up other peoples compiled data from collections. But I'm pretty sure it's 40% of base rate not 40% chance of getting BP

DeletedUser29623

Have you considered an alternate idea... this current event's Altar Garden that provides 1bp per day (+ a fair amount of population/happiness & some coin/supplies) for 3x2 size

It’s only going to give you prints for your own age or lower though, right? The city where I have the Chat print shortage is in Colonial

Agent327

It’s only going to give you prints for your own age or lower though, right? The city where I have the Chat print shortage is in Colonial

I don't think there is a building in the game that gives you prints above your age. Only way to get those is to invest in GB's above your age and by aiding.

DeletedUser29623

I don't think there is a building in the game that gives you prints above your age. Only way to get those is to invest in GB's above your age and by aiding

Correct, and if no one in your guild/friends/hood is leveling the GB that you want prints for, aiding is the only way. Hence, I built the RFP. (Which is also a cool looking building, apart from the lights.)

Emberguard

Arc is far more efficient. ‘Cause then even if you only find a single GB spot for the GB you need prints for chances are you’ve got more BPs then the RFP will give (of the targeted GB)

DeletedUser29623

Arc is far more efficient. ‘Cause then even if you only find a single GB spot for the GB you need prints for chances are you’ve got more BPs then the RFP will give (of the targeted GB)

I have a level 80 Arc. It wasn't sufficient.