• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30791

QUEST #27 may be a real event buster for me. LOL, The quest is to control a province - which for me is the whole 6 sector province of an Industrial Age, with me in LMA, 2 ages below that) - OR - complete 12 encounters in GE where I don't even have 12 left.
Looks like the most viable option may be to wait 3 days for next week's GE, which for the effort I've put into the game is quite disappointing to me.
I'd prefer a questline that actually rewards players already giving their all in GE, or that rewards players tackling the tough challenges of playing well beyond their current era. OR, at least give us a quest we can complete without waiting days while unable to play.
Complaining about being stuck on quest#27 when the event is only a few days old is rather silly. If you hadn't been held up by quest#27, you'd have been caught up on all the available quests in a couple days and then you'd be held up waiting on the next day's quest.

Godly Luke

QUEST #27 may be a real event buster for me. LOL, The quest is to control a province - which for me is the whole 6 sector province of an Industrial Age, with me in LMA, 2 ages below that) - OR - complete 12 encounters in GE where I don't even have 12 left.
Looks like the most viable option may be to wait 3 days for next week's GE, which for the effort I've put into the game is quite disappointing to me.
I'd prefer a questline that actually rewards players already giving their all in GE, or that rewards players tackling the tough challenges of playing well beyond their current era. OR, at least give us a quest we can complete without waiting days while unable to play.
Plan. Ahead.

Unfortunately, quest #19 (Scout a province or defeat a large army) is probably going to be an event breaker for me. I'm working my way through the last ME province, but just recently crossed into ME myself. Therefore I have a limited supply of goods and troops for ME. I can't scout ahead until I finish the province, which likely will take more goods than I can acquire in time. And since I'm not generally a fighter, my unskilled efforts with the few ME troops I had, were spectacular failures, even with a 50% attack bonus.

I"m not complaining to Inno, per se. It's just an unfortunate situation that I find myself in. I realize the blame is easily laid at my own feat, HOWEVER, making a quest that requires one thing that sometimes simply CANNOT be done at your point in the game (scouting), with a difficult battle scenario seems a bit heavy-handed this early in the quest line. But I'm gonna keep trying on the goods side, and maybe I'll get lucky.

DreadfulCadillac

No he’s not, he is telling you to take responsibility for a problem you created. First of all racing through the C-map is a questionable strategy to begin with, as a few higher aged units are not worth risking your shot at getting valuable event buildings unless you plan to spend diamonds to get those buildings anyway. At least in my opinion it’s just stupid. Now that that’s out of the way, why would anyone sit here and listen to your griping about how your stupid mistakes in the game affected your event? Of course your mistakes made the event harder for you, and why would you blame Inno for that? It’s not their job to cater to stupid people. It’s YOUR job to plan ahead which you failed to do. Stop complaining on the forum about issues you created and especially don’t blame Inno for them. And don’t act like people telling you to stop whining are making false assumptions, they are just saying that nobody on the forum needs to listen to you blame Inno for your blunders.
agreed/i raced through the c map a bit through to the PE map while in CA because of the 2 PE units i have gotten from it...
and the fact that i have 1000s of pe goods sitting in my inventory, so i have the nessasry goods to negotiate sectors if i need to cause i planned on having them:)
Plan in advance next time.

DeletedUser33179

Unfortunately, quest #19 (Scout a province or defeat a large army) is probably going to be an event breaker for me. I'm working my way through the last ME province, but just recently crossed into ME myself. Therefore I have a limited supply of goods and troops for ME. I can't scout ahead until I finish the province, which likely will take more goods than I can acquire in time. And since I'm not generally a fighter, my unskilled efforts with the few ME troops I had, were spectacular failures, even with a 50% attack bonus.

I"m not complaining to Inno, per se. It's just an unfortunate situation that I find myself in. I realize the blame is easily laid at my own feat, HOWEVER, making a quest that requires one thing that sometimes simply CANNOT be done at your point in the game (scouting), with a difficult battle scenario seems a bit heavy-handed this early in the quest line. But I'm gonna keep trying on the goods side, and maybe I'll get lucky.

Scouting a province is a reasonable quest, albeit one many folks dislike for various reasons (including yours of just bad timing). You can keep gathering goods or buy from someone using fps (if you're in a guild, check there 1st, perhaps someone can give you a good deal). It happens sometimes, but try to be persistent & creative, as event buildings/etc can be rather important for most folks.

And "defeat a large army" is also a reasonable quest - I think it's equivalent to a GE level 2 fight (or is it level 3). That you're in ME - about half way thru the Ages - with only 50% attack is the problem. No, I'm not talking about the Arc frenzy & hyperleveling attack GBs. Rather, if doing at least occasional fights for DC & events (GE, map, etc as well if interested) are even remotely important to you, you should have a bare minimum of at least 2 (for 60/60% att/def) but preferably all 3 basic fighting GBs of zeus, cdm &coa (for 90/90% att/def) at level 10 by now. Fighting only gets tougher, with increasing att/def of attackers as you Age up - so even all 3 at level 10 won't suffice much longer.

You can try adding attack boosts & tavern attack boosts to help. Before doung that though, ask folks here on the forum if they could help with fight strategy for that particular quest. Provide you current attacking att/def%'s & the quest attacking army specifics (units/etc).

mamboking053

I'm not sure if the alternatives offered for the c-map quests was Inno's direct acknowledgement of some players tendency to rush the c-map, but they started offering alternatives for those types of quests and so- directly or indirectly- they did acknowledge your effort. You don't have to do the c-map. You won't finish the first part of the quest line as fast, but waiting a while will still result in you being able to complete the quest.

Again, I have not "raced" through the "C-map", and posted beta questlines never entirely match-up with actual quests presented (their are even videos explaining this). Most all of those commenting on their assumptions of my play or falsely mischaracterising my feedback as somehow crying over spilled milk, this thread is primarily for your own feedback on your own experiences with the event and not the belittling of others giving theirs.

But, hey, post as freedom allows for what works for you.

Agent327

Again, I have not "raced" through the "C-map",

So you did it at a slow pace. You are still way to far ahead.

and posted beta questlines never entirely match-up with actual quests presented (their are even videos explaining this).

Yes they do. Questlines always match up. The order of the prizes doesn't.

Most all of those commenting on their assumptions of my play or falsely mischaracterising my feedback as somehow crying over spilled milk, this thread is primarily for your own feedback on your own experiences with the event and not the belittling of others giving theirs.

It would help if you give feedback you have your facts right, otherwise it is kind of useless.

Algona

this thread is primarily for your own feedback on your own experiences with the event and not the belittling of others giving theirs.

Of all the people who have posted responding to you not one person has sympathized with your plight. You got experienced players telling you what you are doing wrong.

You've had trouble with at least two different Events and Events are easy. The last dozen Event Feedback threads are crammed full of two types of posters. Folk who breezed through the Event and folk who had problems.

It's always the same people who breeze through Events and the same people who have problems.

Don't you think that maybe you should consider that instead of trying to get INNO to change how they design Events start trying to understand and exploit how INNO does Events?

Events are a lot more fun when you win them.

Emberguard

@glurge I hope you enjoy the rest of the event time :)

Still plenty of time to get through some more of the tech tree or source some goods to get the next province. If you can’t or would prefer to take it slow then you could always use this time to prepare your city for the next event. Catching up your tech and GBs to where your c-map progress is will make a difference for next time :)

DeletedUser

I have not "raced" through the "C-map"
People are not telling you that the problem is that you raced through the C-map, they are telling you that the problem is that you raced ahead on the C-map. The difference is that no matter what pace you did it at, you are 2 ages ahead of your tech/Town Hall on the C-map. That will lead to issues with Events and Daily Challenges as well as potentially causing issues with the various questlines (Story, Side, Bonus and Recurring). And they are not telling you this to belittle you, they are telling you this to help educate you as to the real reason that you are having issues with this particular event quest. Listen, learn and grow, or ignore and stagnate. Your choice.

RazorbackPirate

Don't you think that maybe you should consider that instead of trying to get INNO to change how they design Events start trying to understand and exploit how INNO does Events?
This. ^

I'll never understand those who fail to deal with reality then complain about the way things are. Instead of asking Inno to adapt their game to your play style, why don't you adapt your play style to play Inno's game? Seems to me you'd have better success and less frustration.

Scouting a province is a reasonable quest...

Thank you for your reasonable and informative reply.

I do think both scouting and defeating a large army are "reasonable", just maybe a bit unfortunate in combination (at least for me).

I actually was able to acquire half the province yesterday, so I'm thinking I will be able to get through and do the scouting without falling too far behind.

As for fighting strategy, while I appreciate your advice, it's not really for me. I simply don't fight in this game. I do all negotiation in GE (and I'm VERY good at it). I don't do GvG and don't do DCs, either. I'm strictly a farmer and trader for my guild. It's just the style of play I prefer. It does, very seldomly, put me into unfortunate situations such as this. But over the past two and a half years of playing, this is the first time I considered I might not be able to pass an event quest. So I think I'm doing OK. :)

But I DO still appreciate your response, and hopefully other players might benefit from the advice you gave.

Algona

As for fighting strategy, while I appreciate your advice, it's not really for me. I simply don't fight in this game.

I deeply appreciate your gpod attitude about your problem..

I dig it. I'm just the opposite. I do fight, but I don't do GE style Negotiations. Naver have.

This is my (admittedly awful) choice. I niss out on a fair number of DCs. If it costs me in an Event ( i think when INNO first brought GE style Negotiations to Events there were some in the early Events without alternatives), well, that is my problem because I am responsible for the consequences of my play choices.

I wish you the best of luck in completing all Events. Although I suspect with your good attitude towards solving problems, you won;t have any serious problems doing so.

Let us know how it works out and what World you are on so anybody there might be able to help!

I'm on MK and Rugnir, in CE and if I can help I will.

I deeply appreciate your gpod attitude about your problem..

[,,,]

Let us know how it works out and what World you are on so anybody there might be able to help!

I'm on MK and Rugnir, in CE and if I can help I will.

Oh, your welcome.

Funny how we have similar problems, but for opposite reasons.

I'm confident I'll be able to raise the goods needed to get through this hiccup.

I'm also on Rugnir, and have trades up for ME goods right now. So, if you can help, that would be AWESOME!!

That's the only world I play on. I can't imagine spending more time than I already do with just ONE world on this game. :)

If you can, send me a friend request. I'm out of invites. :( We can chat in-game.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

In defence of glurg, many of the responses to him are condescending, jerk posts. You don't have to talk to people like that...even on the internet. He wasn't even whining and complaining about it, just describing his current situation. Why do people on here feel compelled to attack him?
Maybe we experienced players could provide him with constructive feedback, and not be a-holes.. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.