• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser30312

IMO the VP should have no supplies and FPs like the Kraken and interest in the product will soar. Everyone will have a VP then,

IMO, Inno shouldn't be bribing players to build sub-par GBs with FP production.

DeletedUser27910

OK, so let me get this straight...

I've completed the settlement 4 times within the alloted time limit to get the maximum runestone reward each time. My reward for doing this is going to be 3 additional fragments for each time I completed the village. On the other hand, someone who completed the village but not in time to earn any fragments is going to get 3 additional fragments for each time they completed the village. Very good job Inno, that's just a wonderful solution. I guess it would just be too difficult to figure out that I completed the village 4 times and I have 36 fragments so I must have earned the maximum reward every time. Keep up the good work Inno.

One other thing, this change goes active tomorrow. I assume this means the village I'm currently working on will need to be completed following the new requirements for earning runestones. I can just see it now... The new requirements will prevent me from earning the maximum reward.

RazorbackPirate

I guess it would just be too difficult to figure out that I completed the village 4 times and I have 36 fragments so I must have earned the maximum reward every time.
Actually it is. Not for you alone, but for the 1.5 million other players they'd need to check. You also have nothing to gripe about, I am currently on my 14th run through earning maximum runestone fragments each time.

I'm also disappointed, but understand the reality from Inno's end and I've lost way more fragments than you.

DeletedUser27910

Really, so you're telling me they know how many times each player completed a viking village but they don't know how many runestone fragments each player has. That makes a lot of sense.

RazorbackPirate

Really, so you're telling me they know how many times each player completed a viking village but they don't know how many runestone fragments each player has. That makes a lot of sense.
No, that's not what I'm saying. Given the monumental task of writing code to do that level of analysis, then more code to determine exactly what's missing, then more code to restore exactly that number, is not worth it to Inno.

It's much easier just to find the number of settlements completed by every player, multiply by 3 then drop that number into inventory. Is it the lazy way out? Absolutely, but I understand. I'll end up being shorted about 40 fragments. That's 2+ runestone upgrades. Sucks to be me.

Algona

No he's telling you INNO doesnt want to take the time, expense, and risk involved in developing, testing, and using something to give players something they do not deserve at all.

I'm finishing 15 in a few hour. All in time. I earned the however may (135?) Fragments under the rules of the game at that ime I played the game.

INNO owes me nothing for what I;ve already done under the rules of the game. I;ve already earned my Rewards.

But INNO is changing multiple rules and that changes how the Settlement process will work. If it;s more difficult to complete Settlements then rebalancing the Time Bonus makes perfect sense under the new rules.

But INNO still does not owe anyone anything. And yet they just gave a lot of players free Runestones.

Look on the bright side. From now on each time you do your next 11 iterations, you'll have the opportunity to earn all the Fragments along with all the other benefits of completing meaningful iterations. You will be a lot further along towards a third Runestone just for finishing 15 iterations.

RP and I and a lot of others would have to do near meaningless iterations to earn more Fragments.

Sp while I haven;t earned those extra Fragments, I'll take the free Runestone I'm gettning out of this.

Thanks INNO.

DeletedUser27910

yes, it would just be so much more difficult to look at how many runestones the player has and come up with an appropriate number of runestones based on that... sheesh, give me a break.

*Arturis*

69.85% 5 chances every 24 hrs lol
I don’t mind lower the % and rid of the chance
Something the same as AO’s%

Agent327

OK, so let me get this straight...

I've completed the settlement 4 times within the alloted time limit to get the maximum runestone reward each time. My reward for doing this is going to be 3 additional fragments for each time I completed the village. On the other hand, someone who completed the village but not in time to earn any fragments is going to get 3 additional fragments for each time they completed the village. Very good job Inno, that's just a wonderful solution. I guess it would just be too difficult to figure out that I completed the village 4 times and I have 36 fragments so I must have earned the maximum reward every time. Keep up the good work Inno.

One other thing, this change goes active tomorrow. I assume this means the village I'm currently working on will need to be completed following the new requirements for earning runestones. I can just see it now... The new requirements will prevent me from earning the maximum reward.

Right on both counts.

Emberguard

yes, it would just be so much more difficult to look at how many runestones the player has and come up with an appropriate number of runestones based on that... sheesh, give me a break.
It would actually.

A player may have accidentally deleted fragments. Or they may have had a combination of 6’s, 2’s and 1’s.

It’s impossible to know with a user that has 12 fragments and 15 settlements whether to give based on
6 fragments x 2 settlements = 9 x 2 = 18 - 12 = 6 fragments
1 fragment x 12 settlements = 2 x 12 = 24 - 12 = 12 fragments
Or any other combination

Emberguard

Edit: nvm, I forgot they give the amounts for all the times not just the timeframe you fit into. So my calculations are off

Last edited:

Algona

Oh, you;re one of those people who are entitled to what you want because you want it despite not havng earned no matter what it costs others.

Carry on.

Emberguard

When Space Age Mars was announced in-game (in the message center), it was stated quite clearly that the Virgo Project would lose its ability to be used for PvP.
Ah so they did do that here! I was wondering as they did that in EN but I never checked if they did on US

DeletedUser4491

Not sure the logic on penalizing people that didn't want to complete the settlement time suck by swapping around the rewards (I've been using it as a 32 hour cycled quest for 25 points, as I'm sure many others were doing) , but now all you've done is completely killed my interest in it.

Just because you WANT players to stay sucked into the game doesn't mean we're going to. Until Inno comes up with a way to put 36 hours in a day or wants to send someone to work and family engagements, I only have limited time to play the game - there are plenty of other "tasks" that are more rewarding than the month worth of game play it would take me to get the top prize in the settlements. You rewarded me fairly for the time I invested in cycling the settlement quests, but no longer....so I guess thanks for cutting down on my play time going forward?

Emberguard

@sscooby2u the main point of settlements were always meant to be the Yggdrasil with anything else along the way being so you have a ongoing benefit during the journey of getting that tree. Not to be a FP farm prior to getting the tree. They could have simply made it impossible to abandon a settlement after quest 4 if they really wanted. However they have increased the stats of the Yggdrasil and the rewards for time completion so the benefits of completing settlements are a bit better then before

I'm glad you got some benefit from the settlements while it was more interesting to you. However I don't see this as penalising players so much as balancing it to fit its intended purpose.

KitKit035

Not sure the logic on penalizing people that didn't want to complete the settlement time suck by swapping around the rewards (I've been using it as a 32 hour cycled quest for 25 points, as I'm sure many others were doing) , but now all you've done is completely killed my interest in it.

Just because you WANT players to stay sucked into the game doesn't mean we're going to. Until Inno comes up with a way to put 36 hours in a day or wants to send someone to work and family engagements, I only have limited time to play the game - there are plenty of other "tasks" that are more rewarding than the month worth of game play it would take me to get the top prize in the settlements. You rewarded me fairly for the time I invested in cycling the settlement quests, but no longer....so I guess thanks for cutting down on my play time going forward?

Agree 100% here. I had my whole guild plus anyone in the Open Arc Program doing the first 5 quests of the Viking Settlement to pick up the additional 25FP every 32 hours, but no more. I play on beta and have been trying to figure out the best way to still use the settlement with the swap of prizes. With the change, it is now not worth it as it takes too much time and unless you can be on all the time, too much effort to be around on time with work and family.

So this change will cause 2 groups to no longer use the settlement because I know the members were not using it beforehand either.

DeletedUser38275

At the end of my 16th run, I was trying to get the 2nd GR5 (on 17th); I’ll get it now ‘for free’, but will be short of the 3rd GR5 other players will get after the update, at same progression...
My only comment/concern: to recover that ‘delta’ my timelimits are way shorter (8d) to get the GR pieces, but oh well, maybe I’ll bite the bullet or just leave that feature until a new settlement is added.

to add:i guess i could do it ‘casually’ in around 2 weeks, for about 80FP, no GR pieces, so about 5FP/day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯