• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser34982

Yes, INNO obviously made the VP change to protect the players who devote time, effort, and city space to developing defence.

Yes my point exactly....why can't there be an equalizer? Virgo before nerf was good at leveling the playing field.

DeletedUser40495

Yes my point exactly....why can't there be an equalizer? Virgo before nerf was good at leveling the playing field.
The playing field is not meant to be perfectly level or there would be no benefit to being stronger than your neighbors. Collect on time if you don’t want to be plundered.

From what I can see you are the one who called the people who pay for you to play this game
rather big babies.
I don’t need to
work for Inno.
to think that this was a stupid, ignorant comment. Because it was.

DeletedUser

Okay, let's get back to providing feedback on the Changelog. Please. Thank you.

DeletedUser40495

I'm not happy about the switch from forge points to goods. Not helpful.
Not many people are. But I understand why Inno did it. They wanted to stop people from competing 5 quests, abandoning the settlement, and repeating. They want people to play the settlement the way it was meant to be played and I don’t mind that. I do think that a lot less people will do the settlements though, but those that do will receive some great rewards!

Lothar123

My sense has been that most people avoid the Viking settlements for the same reason I've only done a handful: they're time-intensive. To earn the time rewards, you have to produce goods at a certain rate, which requires you to collect copper coins frequently enough to be annoying. I did a couple of settlements while I was off work for a few weeks, and I did one during a particularly slow period at work so I was able to sneak on every hour or so and collect, but ordinarily I just can't get on often enough during the work day to make it viable. I'm surprised that Inno didn't do anything to address that aspect of it.

DeletedUser40495

My sense has been that most people avoid the Viking settlements for the same reason I've only done a handful: they're time-intensive. To earn the time rewards, you have to produce goods at a certain rate, which requires you to collect copper coins frequently enough to be annoying. I did a couple of settlements while I was off work for a few weeks, and I did one during a particularly slow period at work so I was able to sneak on every hour or so and collect, but ordinarily I just can't get on often enough during the work day to make it viable. I'm surprised that Inno didn't do anything to address that aspect of it.
You are so right. They are VERY time consuming and frustrating at times. But remember - you can take as long as you want. In the end the Yggdrasil is the only reward that matters anyway (unless you are endlessly doing settlements to get more level 5 greater runestones to replace your SoK with)

RazorbackPirate

They did. Those who can spend more time on settlements will complete them in less time than those that don't. Those who spend more time and complete them in the least time will get the most fragments, those that can't spend as much time and take longer to complete get less fragments, or none. Whether fast or slow, every player gets the same prize for completing a settlement.

Now, if you're going to pass up the most powerful building in the game because you'll miss out on a few runestones, then you're clearly bad at math. passing up 8 FPs and 25 goods daily, plus a 30% attack boost because you may not earn a few fragments? Great plan.

So let me get this straight, I have finished every viking settlement in the fastest time every time so that I get the maximum rewards and you are only giving me 3 extra runestones???

How do I get the same amount as someone else who may not have completed any of their settlements in the fastest time????

That is complete crap and unfair to all the people who work hard to complete them in the fastest time to get the max rewards. You need to go back and award ALL the players who have completed the settlements in the fastest time the correct number of runestone rewards. Giving us the same as the guy who never finishes in the fastest time is complete garbage.

I for one am getting to the point I am almost done with this game due to idiotic moves like this. "Hey guys, it's another bend over and take it from Inno change, happy days!" Throw in the fact that you completely screwed the pooch on the not so great buildings in Mars age and you guys are seriously ruining this game. I mean why would ANYONE in their right mind build either one of those crap buildings? Maybe I will build the Colosseum and the Notre Dame while I am at it! SMH!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So let me get this straight, I have finished every viking settlement in the fastest time every time so that I get the maximum rewards and you are only giving me 3 extra runestones???

How do I get the same amount as someone else who may not have completed any of their settlements in the fastest time????

That is complete crap and unfair to all the people who work hard to complete them in the fastest time to get the max rewards. You need to go back and award ALL the players who have completed the settlements in the fastest time the correct number of runestone rewards. Giving us the same as the guy who never finishes in the fastest time is complete garbage.

I for one am getting to the point I am almost done with this game due to idiotic moves like this. "Hey guys, it's another bend over and take it from Inno change, happy days!" Throw in the fact that you completely screwed the pooch on the not so great buildings in Mars age and you guys are seriously ruining this game. I mean why would ANYONE in their right mind build either one of those crap buildings? Maybe I will build the Colosseum and the Notre Dame while I am at it! SMH!
Inno didn't owe anybody anything in regards to the Runestone fragments, they decided to give everyone 3 fragments for each settlement completion as a goodwill gesture. Crying about free stuff is...well, I can't say what it is. It's not mature, that's for sure.

Brunenjii

Yes you get the same amount as those who didn't complete their settlements on time. Did you forget that you also got the rewards for getting gold, whereas they did not?

DeletedUser30598

The beta requires you make a new account. You can still use the same name if it's available though.
Do I have to be a Beta Member to see the Beta Forum? It sounded in the announcement that InnoGames
FOE Team and Players,

For this Announcement “Changelog 1.154,” at the bottom it states “Check our Beta server to be always up to date!”

On a mobile device, when I click on this link for the Beta server, I am taken to my App Store.

How do I reach the Beta server on a mobile device?

Thanking You In Advance,

King Quack Quack
I think that I found the Beta Forum where all players can keep up with new happenings, even if you’re not playing on the zz Beta world server.

It’s located at
ht tps://for um.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php

In order to have this link work for you, remove the 2 spaces. One space is within “https” and the other space is within “forum”

Persistence pays off. I was finally able to find it.

Algona

You were saying something about people spending money to get high defense and that being the reason INNO changed VP. Folk don;t spend money on defence, they spend it on offence.

How can you think pre change Virgo was leveling the playing field? Pre change VP helped attackers in PvP.

The attacker has always had huge advantages in PvP. This playing field is always tilted hugely in favor of the attackers; that's why two of the longest threads in this forum are about plunderers bragging and plunderees asking for help.

Pre change VP tilted the field further in favor of the attacker.

Your reasoning is pretty fouled up. INNO did change VP to help PvP defenders, but they are leaving a LOT of money on the table by making the change because the rabid plunderers will not be buying Virgo.

The majority of money spent in this game is spent by attackers and people who want to be at the bleeding edge of everything INNO releases, Not on defense.

INNO helped the defenders despite losing money on the change because INNO wanted to maintain the current PvP balance. A pretty good decision in my opinion.

Dig it?

Last edited:

Graviton

Crying about free stuff is...well, I can't say what it is. It's not mature, that's for sure.

I love reading righteous indignation about not getting free bonus handouts of virtual currency that they didn't even know existed five minutes ago. Maybe I'm old but I see a microcosm of larger societal trends there. It's both frightening and entertaining.

DeletedUser32558

well done,

Virgo Project is NOW good as Colosseum (still looking to build it because "Fun effect"...)

GREAT change for Setlements, but I abandon it after I get two more upgrades so I have 3x Greater Runestones.

, about setlements, it will be worth to do if you start game now because that Tree is really nice and you get 15x Runestones what gives easy FPs.

, if next setlements gives nice Special building then I preparing myself to receive pain what their completion will give, lol

DeletedUser25274

Virgo missle launch would have made it possible to hit back at those turtle defense cities with 1000+% D boost. They could no longer plunder the rest of the hood with little concern for retaliation. I agree it would also give the top players another tool to bash the hood, but they do it anyway without Virgo, so what difference does it make? They would have fun using it initially with their bought high level Virgos, unitil the the rest of us started getting them built and suddenly the unthinkable happens, all that city D boost doesn't provide immunity from retaliation. So obviously it had to go. But please stop insulting our intelligence by saying nerfing it for PvP is to protect the little guys.

DeletedUser

Everybody is talking like the Virgo Project would have made it possible to defeat insanely high defenses. It ain't necessarily so! Have any of you actually attacked an extremely high level defense? Especially if the attacking value of the defense is buffed, too? Even after having 4 of 8 units wiped out at the start, they'll still kick your butts! Unless you have an insanely high attack boost, too. Can you imagine the complaints if VP were usable in PvP? "My VP destroyed half his army and I still lost big. It's not fair!!!!"