• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40495

In defence of glurg, many of the responses to him are condescending, jerk posts. You don't have to talk to people like that...even on the internet. He wasn't even whining and complaining about it, just describing his current situation. Why do people on here feel compelled to attack him?
Maybe we experienced players could provide him with constructive feedback, and not be a-holes.. Just a thought.
He would not have received the reaction he did if he was “just describing his current situation”. He did that, but on top of that blamed Inno’s event design for his predicament. That is what set people off. Experienced FoE players are easily annoying by a noob who blames his mistakes on others and acts entitled on the forum. If he came asking genuinely for help and took responsibility for his mistakes, the experienced players here would have been glad to help him. Trust me, he was whining. This is seen WAY too many times on any thread that discusses plundering and sniping. Inno does not cater to any player (except the diamond spender), so it annoys people on the forum when someone new comes in to complain about the fact that either they are not playing well enough, or others are playing better than them and they expect Inno to do anything about it. If all you can do is complain about the game you should probably find another game to play.

RazorbackPirate

Now, the reason I came in here... Any news/inside info on when we might see the tholos upgrades in daily jackpot? Or is it confirmed to only be in beta?
It has been confirmed in the announcement that the Tholos Kits will be offered. On beta, they appeared twice, once during League round 3 and once during League round 4. I'm sure the specific day the appeared within the league will change, but I'm pretty confident they'll appear during the same league rounds here on live.

We're not even done League round 1, so I'm sure it will be a while. I'll be happy to sit and collect energy drinks, not spending while I wait.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

It has been confirmed in the announcement that the Tholos Kits will be offered. On beta, they appeared twice, once during League round 3 and once during League round 4. I'm sure the specific day the appeared within the league will change, but I'm pretty confident they'll appear during the same league rounds here on live.

We're not even done League round 1, so I'm sure it will be a while. I'll be happy to sit and collect energy drinks, not spending while I wait.
Ahh, good info. thanks mate :). Thumbs up.

Edit: note for other "helpful" responses... This is an example of a good dude just answering a question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

In defence of glurg, many of the responses to him are condescending, jerk posts. You don't have to talk to people like that...even on the internet. He wasn't even whining and complaining about it, just describing his current situation. Why do people on here feel compelled to attack him?
Maybe we experienced players could provide him with constructive feedback, and not be a-holes.. Just a thought.

He didn't ask for help, he gave 'feedback'. Even in his followup posts, he still doesn't ask for help, just gives more 'feedback'. Specifically he wants INNO to change the game to suit his in game choices.

Nonetheless, he got multiple suggestions. He didn't like one and he didn't implement the other right. After completing GE he didn't log off and log back in to trigger the Quest seeing he had completed GE. Instead of asking why it didn't work he chose an alternate method to resolve his problem.

Do I sympathize with him? Of course not. He put himself into his situation, he chose not to ask for help, he chose not to ask for help a second time. And I expect next Event he'll be facing more problems because he chooses to play the way he wants instead of adapting to the game as is.

EDIT: A couple days later and Algona Sooth Sayer hits another prediction. He's over in the changelog 'feedbacking' about not completing the latest Settlement iteration because of the change in the final Quest. Why read forum Announcements or in game Announcements and plan ahead when you can fail and give 'feedback'?

People who actually ask for help on this forum get it.

I notice that you didn't try to help him or even say that you sympathize with his problem.

Your post is nothing but attacking other posters. Isn't that exactly what your post says not to do? Nice defence.

If you're going to call me an asshole, go ahead. I know I am but if it makes you feel better I am all for it.

Oh, and to show how much you care about him and his problems, you misspelled his name.

just a thought.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33179

Lol classic snark. Thanks bro, you were very helpful. Have a good day!

FWIW about what Agent was referring to - Thailand server is 1st to receive that day's Special, some hours before others will get it.

For each event, fan wiki keeps a running list of each DS as they come up. If someone from Thai server is able to provide the next DS info, it'll be posted there so others can have a sneak peek (so far for this event, it is being provided - go check it out if interested)

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Alright, well our "getting on the same page" posts got removed for being off topic, so it looks like we didn't reach a positive understanding. maybe the forum mod will be cool and let this stay to explain it since the earlier posts are still there...

DeletedUser36100

Today's 6/13 quest requires 7 fights. I am already done with GE for the week. I had assumed I would have gotten credit for GE fights from earlier in the week, but no. Guess I am stuck until next Tuesday. Why would they schedule a GE fight quest this late in the week?

Edit: I logged out, logged back in, and the game did indeed give me credit. All is good now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33179

Today's 6/13 quest requires 7 fights. I am already done with GE for the week. I had assumed I would have gotten credit for GE fights from earlier in the week, but no. Guess I am stuck until next Tuesday. Why would they schedule a GE fight quest this late in the week?

If you've finished 64/64 of GE, then you should get credit for it for today's quest. Try logging out of the game (not just closing it) then back in again.

Algona

Why would they schedule a GE fight quest this late in the week?

That's actually a good question.

GE starts Tuesday AM. Daily Quests are given in the Evening.

Sunday Noght would be kinda silly to give the Quest.

How about Monday night? Everyone would complain they have to wait 9 hours.

Teusday? Some folk would be complaing thay had already finished GE.

Of course anyother day is the same problem as Teusday.

Previous Events this sort of Quest autocompleted if the player had finished 64. But if you have finished 64 and you try as Clara recommends and it fails then there is either a problem or INNO changed away from the autocomplete.

That would NOT be nice.

LEt us know what happens to you please.

DeletedUser30791

If you've finished 64/64 of GE, then you should get credit for it for today's quest. Try logging out of the game (not just closing it) then back in again.
He says fights not GE encounters. Fight events don't get closed out if GE is finished.

DeletedUser33179

He says fights not GE encounters. Fight events don't get closed out if GE is finished.

You & he are both correct in a way. He did say "fights", which itself doesn't refer to only GE. Thus, if quest is X fights completed, then having GE done already won't auto complete such a quest.

However, he's right as is referring to today's specific event quest - "complete seven encounters by fighting". "Encounters" refers only to GE

Algona

INNO changing the Altar and the LEague Prizes mid Event?

Have they made mid Event changes like this before?

I get the feeling a lot of people may have been skipping this Event.

More free stuff? Thanks INNO.

In before the first post whining that it's not good enouigh.

"These free Gold Bars are too heavy!"

"Not that free pony, the nicer free pony!"

Also starting an over / under for the number of complaints about how changing the Leagues mid stream screwed someone over.

DeletedUser13838

INNO changing the Altar and the LEague Prizes mid Event?

Have they made mid Event changes like this before?

I get the feeling a lot of people may have been skipping this Event.

More free stuff? Thanks INNO.

In before the first post whining that it's not good enouigh.

"These free Gold Bars are too heavy!"

"Not that free pony, the nicer free pony!"

Also starting an over / under for the number of complaints about how changing the Leagues mid stream screwed someone over.
The grand prizes from this event are relatively lacking compared to the side prize from previous events. I made some comparisons earlier in the thread. For example, sleigh builder produces twice as many goods as altar of hera.

Status
Not open for further replies.