• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how many foe members here choose auto battle over manual attack?

DeletedUser40061

Yep. Iam still using manual battling. No more auto. From my strategic style, i need more time on the battlefield. I notice when the enemy dispatches thier mounted soldiers, my army gets seriously injured a lot quicker.. I need to get the upper hand. I dont have the ability to produce mounted attackers just yet

Graviton

I mostly use auto for GE, either from the get-go or after moving my 'real' unit out of the way in the first round. I never use auto for PvP.

saknika

I am a chronic auto-battler, and it started because I had such terrible lag or hiccups in battles that I just got sick of it... and then I got addicted to that button. LOL I can (and do) manually battle when the going gets tough, but for the most part... auto all day, every day. Sometimes I even live dangerously and auto-battle through the neighborhood. :D

DeletedUser40061

so far ive done manual attacking mode..except the 2 times i did auto, once in continent map and in GE. only once was i successful. it all comes down to which ones have the best attack and defense stats. the archers which i thought had the best outcome in battle isnt. they are the first ones to receive serious injuries. the mounted soldiers is the best option...but iam limited on them.

saknika

so far ive done manual attacking mode..except the 2 times i did auto, once in continent map and in GE. only once was i successful. it all comes down to which ones have the best attack and defense stats. the archers which i thought had the best outcome in battle isnt. they are the first ones to receive serious injuries. the mounted soldiers is the best option...but iam limited on them.
In every era it changes what troops will be the best, and what will be not the best. Once you get rogues involved, it also becomes easier to use the auto-battle button. Rogues and good attack boost tend to be the keys to an easier time with auto-battle. :)

DeletedUser40061

i almost was poised to get some rogues during soccor event but failed to get them..i guess in order for me to get some, id have to unlock military tactics, the one thing in research that isnt unlocked...and from this, i cant advance into next age. forever stuck in middle ages?:confused:

Vger

i almost was poised to get some rogues during soccor event but failed to get them..i guess in order for me to get some, id have to unlock military tactics
No, you can get Rogues without military tactics. See Sarah, she can help you with that. I have picked up 4 from soccer event. At least 2, but I think probably 3 I got while I was still in bronze.
Don't let a fear of PvP paralyze you.

AceGoober

I use a mixture of Auto Battle (AB) and Manual (M) depending upon the activity. Early GE levels I usually do AB while later levels (3 - 4) I go the M route or negotiate.

The guild I'm a long time member of - Castlewood - doesn't participate in GvG which is fine by me since I concentrate on good production and trading to level my city as fast as possible. I also don't participate in PvP since the rewards are lackluster, in my opinion.

DeletedUser30312

i almost was poised to get some rogues during soccor event but failed to get them..i guess in order for me to get some, id have to unlock military tactics, the one thing in research that isnt unlocked...and from this, i cant advance into next age. forever stuck in middle ages?:confused:

Rogues have nothing to do with tech advancement. You generate them from a Rogue's Hideout. The Hideout appeared once as a Daily prize on Beta, and may or may not show up on the Live server. One of the goal shot options also gives a 5% chance to win one. Even if you don't get one in the event, you can try to win some in the DC. There's the Rogue's Chest which gives you a 5% chance for a Hideout, and there's a chest that has a chance for each of the 4 special barracks, and when you complete 7 DCs, the Hideout is one of the possible prizes. I have an IA city that doesn't have PvP unlocked and it already has 4 Hideouts, so you don't need to worry about PvP. Heck, you might want to pick up a Hideout or two to give you a slight edge when you finally do unlock it.

You can also win individual unattached Rogues. The DC Rogue's Chest mentioned above can award 1-10 Rogues. There's another chest that can award I think 3 of one of the special units. The 24th encounter in the GE can award a Rogue. If you build a Temple of Relics, the Uncommon relics can award you with 10 Rogues. So there's plenty of way to stock up on a small number of Rogues to get you started. Just remember they're for attacking and not defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40061

building GBs takes up a lot of resources..zeus for instance, i have all the bps but not enough resources -iam in the works with a fellow guilder about that. it may take up to a month be4 i finally put that thing in my city. will zeus change my mind about engaging in PvPs? i have no clue..but i sure dont want to stay in early middle ages for rest of year, i wanna advance...so its a double edged sword for me. someone told me, "do it! it will be fun! " yeh right fun being attacked with no attack or defense boosters -whoop!

barra370804

building GBs takes up a lot of resources..zeus for instance, i have all the bps but not enough resources -iam in the works with a fellow guilder about that. it may take up to a month be4 i finally put that thing in my city. will zeus change my mind about engaging in PvPs? i have no clue..but i sure dont want to stay in early middle ages for rest of year, i wanna advance...so its a double edged sword for me. someone told me, "do it! it will be fun! " yeh right fun being attacked with no attack or defense boosters -whoop!
dude i'll help with the goods for free send me the trades

saknika

Building the right GBs is always worth it. Being in a guild that can help support the raising of GBs (both the goods and the FPs) is extremely helpful to this end.

RazorbackPirate

Not sure what you're doing wrong that it will take up to a month before you can gather enough goods to build Zues, but you're doing something wrong. Not sure what you're spending your resources on, but if it's going to take you that long, it's clearly the wrong thing. You need to build a strong foundation, which it seems you have not. It also seems you're not taking full advantage of all the tools at your disposal.

This is also proof positive you're in no position to do settlements. Part of your problem is you keep posting every topic in a separate thread then following whatever advice is given in isolation on that thread. You're trying to do way too much, way too soon, and struggling with everything. Stop dealing with everything in isolation, that's not how successful cities are built. Cities are holistic systems and need to be built holistically.