• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How long must we keep doing the Viking Settlements?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38613
  • Start date

DeletedUser31638

As long as you like, I mainly do them for the fps, and abandon the settlement, repeat...

UBERhelp1

As long as you like, I mainly do them for the fps, and abandon the settlement, repeat...
Sorry, but that has been fixed now. Rewards have been swapped so that you get the 20 FP after 10 quests are completed, and you get the goods after 5.

This means FP looping is obsolete, as the longer length of time it would take to farm those FP would be better spent playing the settlements, especially considering the increased amount of Greater Runestone fragments. Now it only takes 6 first place finishes to get one fully upgraded Greater Runestone.

Mustapha00

You can do them as long as you like, or not at all, which is where I am.

Between major Events which seem to be rolled out every month, which, in my opinion, offer far superior prizes and other responsibilities, I cannot devote time to much other than regular collections. I don;t even do DCs except between Events.

The OP and I will not enjoy the benefits others obtain from doing the Settlements and, yes, that will put us at a disadvantage. But name me a game which doesn't offer advantages to those who have more time to play than others or who play smarter than others?

DeletedUser38613

Do RQs. Then you can fight until your troops run out, then use your excess good to negotiate further. The rewards are better the higher you get, excess goods will help you get further for better rewards after your troops run out, when they're recuperating, or when your recruiting replacement troops. RQs will also occasionally pop out a 5-FP pack. Can't beat that.

DO NOT SCOUT any more. Once you clear any sectors currently open and complete your current open province, DO NOT SCOUT anymore. Once you control everything and there are no more scouted provinces, the Daily Challenge will not longer give you any tasks on the C-map. Take advantage of this ability to control DC.
I can assume repeat quests are just side quests thats restarted after you complete all available side quests for the age? If so I haven't even completed my first loop on either world I'm in.

DeletedUser31499

I got the 20 fp reward twice. Just before the 20 fp switch from challenge 5 to 10 I collected the 20 fp for completing #5. The next day the game updated and the switch was made. When I completed #10 the reward was another 20 fp. Just a one time thing due to timing. I’m doing Settlement #16 btw.

sirblu

At first I thought it was interesting, but then it just got tedious doing the viking settlements. I have never yet been able to do it fast enough to get the bonus items and I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible. Those darn rocks frustrate me the most. And its very weird that there's an actual cap to the number of expansions you can get which are less than the number of expansions actually available on the settlement. Or am I doing something wrong.

Either way, how long much we keep repeating the same settlement before they allow us to do the next one. I'm really excited to do the Egyptian one. Or is there another reason why the other settlements aren't available for play?
The next settlement is Feudal Japan and it is in test on the Beta server now.

DeletedUser31499

I got my fully upgraded Yggdrasil and two level 5 runes. I’m on Settlement #17 now. With only 8 days to finish for the best fragment reward I haven’t been able to do it. I think the recent change to quest 20 makes it take just a little longer to finish than before. I’m playing for an easy 50 fp and some fragments every 9 to 10 days. It’s a 100% chance at 80 fp so why not keep going until they release the next settlement. Been working on increasing my fp production. My PE town is fast approaching 400 fp per day.

DeletedUser32444

I don't have the time to stick with it to get thru in timely manner ... only trudged thru 3 times ... only got 1 emissary out of it .... guess I'll have to check out how it's done quicker !

E. GOWARRIOR

any date on the arrival of the egyptians? got my level 9 yggsdrasil and shinto temple, patiently waiting (not going back in for 50 fps)