• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser32558

Everybody is talking like the Virgo Project would have made it possible to defeat insanely high defenses. It ain't necessarily so! Have any of you actually attacked an extremely high level defense? Especially if the attacking value of the defense is buffed, too? Even after having 4 of 8 units wiped out at the start, they'll still kick your butts! Unless you have an insanely high attack boost, too. Can you imagine the complaints if VP were usable in PvP? "My VP destroyed half his army and I still lost big. It's not fair!!!!"

, Virgo gave "chance" make difference, it gave chance win those "turtle defences" and Virgo NERF took 100% away that chance from Virgo owners who wanted that GB because that...

, for me Virgo is dead Project because it gives nothing (no goods for selling - no FPs for use), only thing I ever looked from it was excitements... missile effect.

, but Virgo Project NERF and not giving it usefull second boost... not good thing.

DeletedUser32211

The change to quest second to last quest in the viking settlement will make me stop playing that part of the game. I have played based on the old rules and my village is not set up to make 10 of each good and all the coins at the end. I will have to tear out most of my diplomacy and put back in one of each good building and and enough coin producers to get those too. I will probably have to put in more residential buildings to do that. I will take at least an extra day to do all of this. There goes any chance of getting pieces of the greater runestone.

The change would have worked a lot better if we could finish the current village under the old rules and start the new rules when we started the next village. That way we would have a chance to plan ahead.

DeletedUser40495

Virgo missle launch would have made it possible to hit back at those turtle defense cities with 1000+% D boost. They could no longer plunder the rest of the hood with little concern for retaliation. I agree it would also give the top players another tool to bash the hood, but they do it anyway without Virgo, so what difference does it make? They would have fun using it initially with their bought high level Virgos, unitil the the rest of us started getting them built and suddenly the unthinkable happens, all that city D boost doesn't provide immunity from retaliation. So obviously it had to go. But please stop insulting our intelligence by saying nerfing it for PvP is to protect the little guys.
Even if it “technically” gave smaller players a bit more of a chance, it is obvious that Virgo in PvP would benefit the large players who power level it more. And think about this: If you are #80 in your hood, would it have been worth it to get a Virgo just to have a chance at beating the top player in your hood? Not in my opinion. Let’s say your luck paid off and:

1.) the high ranked player had low city defense boost
2.) you had high attack boost
3.) Virgo just so happens to work even though a smaller players low level one will most likely not anyway

So you penetrate their defense. You excitedly prepare to plunder their great city and show them what you are made of! You go to their city and...

There is nothing to plunder because that player being a top level player has the brains to collect on time. Better luck next time, but meanwhile that player will look in his town hall, see you attacked him, and because of this will absolutely SLAUGHTER your city defense with his level 80 Virgo and massive attack boost. He goes to your city, and if you didn’t collect on time, sucks to be you. Would you attack this player again?

Be lucky that Inno nixed the Virgo. I can see it now. If they hadn’t people like you would be here in a month crying that they are plundered nonstop and can do nothing about it.

DeletedUser39961

It seems clear that the changes were made to entice more people to complete the Viking Settlement, but the change to the final quest will generally add 4-8 hours to complete the Settlement. It would be nice if they gave more time to complete it to offset this change.

Also, it would be nice if they incorporated the settlement into the Tavern boosts. An option to speed up production or speed up construction or increase collections by a certain percent, etc.

DeletedUser40495

Also, it would be nice if they incorporated the settlement into the Tavern boosts. An option to speed up production or speed up construction or increase collections by a certain percent, etc.
I like the idea. You know the forum has a proposals section as well...

Emberguard

It seems clear that the changes were made to entice more people to complete the Viking Settlement, but the change to the final quest will generally add 4-8 hours to complete the Settlement. It would be nice if they gave more time to complete it to offset this change.
The buildings were changed to a max 4 hr build time. So if you are able to time building things in your schedule with the game times then you might complete it faster as chances are you’d have already needed the clan hut prior to this change. Especially if you normally build more then one. 4 hr reduction in build time also means collection on that 24 hr timer is 4 hrs sooner. Depending on how everything falls in your schedule it might not actually take longer, just rearranged a bit.

Of course it also might not work with your schedule at all in which case then it would take longer or the same

RazorbackPirate

Problem with the last quest is that I have to collect goods I no longer need. Does not make sense at all.
Read the text. From a story line perspective, it makes total sense. It's the goods and copper they need. Quit making it about you. The change means no more leaving the cupboards bare while we run off with the rewards.

No more half built settlements. Now they'll have one of each Viking good building. Built, operational, with enough copper stored to keep them running after you retire as Thane. With everything built and operational, they can produce more copper for more goods for more expansions and to trade for coins and supplies to construct new buildings.

Whether you allow the Old Willow or Mead Hall to fully build after you drop them, at least the tech will be available to start over once you leave, and they'll have the resources to expand and grow.

Had you made it about the Vikings to begin with and not about YOU, they wouldn't have had to make the change. However, by making the change, you absolutely need those goods, 10 of each one in fact.

Last edited:

Agent327

The buildings were changed to a max 4 hr build time. So if you are able to time building things in your schedule with the game times then you might complete it faster as chances are you’d have already needed the clan hut prior to this change. Especially if you normally build more then one. 4 hr reduction in build time also means collection on that 24 hr timer is 4 hrs sooner. Depending on how everything falls in your schedule it might not actually take longer, just rearranged a bit.

Of course it also might not work with your schedule at all in which case then it would take longer or the same

What schedule?

I collect the goods I need. At the last quest I have four goods buildings. The ones I needed most, which might mean four of the same good. Now I need to bring back buildings of wich I already had all the goods needed two quests ago to produce 10 goods I do not ever need. Does not make sense at all. If this is how it is supposed to work, do not ask for random good totals, but for the same number of goods on every quest.

DeletedUser

I generally end up needing only one of the four goods to finish the Mead Hall tech, and since I usually end up with lots of coins, I can delete most of my Shrines/Markets and go with Willows for the 1000 Diplomacy needed for Mead Hall tech. That leaves room to have roads to all the Huts, so they produce coins, and also for 3 Markets and 5 goods buildings (duplicate of the one I need for MH tech). Then I just set all 5 goods buildings to 8 hours, when I have 10 or less to go on the last good, along with the remaining Markets, and don't collect the connected Huts until I'm on the last quest. Then as soon as those productions are done, I collect only the one goods building that I need for Mead Hall, unlock the tech, delete my Old Willows, build the Mead Hall, collect that quest, then collect all the other goods buildings, the Markets and the Huts. DONE!!! Seconds later, not an extra 8 hours.

RazorbackPirate

In my two cities, I started my latest settlement runs about an hour apart.

In my HMA city, I'm just finishing up my 13th run with over a day to spare before the gold timer. Throughout the entire run, I've had good luck on 4x productions and was able to unlock Clan Houses. I did the 8 hour build of them, overnight, the night before the patch was applied. It will finish in about 15 minutes with my last needed horn collection.

The 4 hour build for Old Willows and Mead Halls and needing 4+ hours to produce the final goods, means I had plenty of time to let them build and leave a completely functioning village with one or more of every building in the tech line.

In my LMA city, I'm hoping to finish my 14th run within the gold timer. I've had the worst impediments than any of my other runs, and being my 14th run, I had less time before the gold timer than my HMA run. Throughout the entire run I've gotten hardly any 4x goods. If I miss the gold timer, it will have nothing to do with the change, I was dying in this village days before the change was made. In this village, I was so far behind, I could only unlock Clan Houses after the change.

The 4 hour build time for Clan Houses saved me 4 hours which helped catch me up a bit. I still haven't been able to open both Old Willow and Mead Hall. I've been waiting open them at the same time, because I don't have time for the tear down and rebuild needed to unlock Old Willow alone. Time is running out, but I still might make it, if so, just barely and only because the 4x situation turned around.

Because of all the free fragments, I already have the 2 level 5 runestones that would have previously required 16 runs to complete. If I run short of the gold timer, I may just let it run instead of abandoning it, I'm not sure it's worth abandoning for the extra fragment. Jury's still out, we'll see.

Emberguard

@Agent What schedule? Your real life schedule. Some will have lunch breaks, others split shifts and others no internet all day. If you have a small break in your day then you could time the 4 hr clan house construction to finish just before that break starts so you can delete huts and build more stuff so you’re not losing any time.

If this is how it is supposed to work, do not ask for random good totals, but for the same number of goods on every quest.
In that case it’d only need to be the last tech to suit the quest line not the entire settlement

RazorbackPirate

I generally end up needing only one of the four goods to finish the Mead Hall tech, and since I usually end up with lots of coins, I can delete most of my Shrines/Markets and go with Willows for the 1000 Diplomacy needed for Mead Hall tech. That leaves room to have roads to all the Huts, so they produce coins, and also for 3 Markets and 5 goods buildings (duplicate of the one I need for MH tech). Then I just set all 5 goods buildings to 8 hours, when I have 10 or less to go on the last good, along with the remaining Markets, and don't collect the connected Huts until I'm on the last quest. Then as soon as those productions are done, I collect only the one goods building that I need for Mead Hall, unlock the tech, delete my Old Willows, build the Mead Hall, collect that quest, then collect all the other goods buildings, the Markets and the Huts. DONE!!! Seconds later, not an extra 8 hours.
And they saved you 8 hours on build times for Clan Houses and Old Willows. Where's the beef?

DeletedUser

And they saved you 8 hours on build times for Clan Houses and Old Willows. Where's the beef?
No beef from me. The whole point of my post was to counter those complaining that it would take 8 hours longer now. To me, if it takes 8 hours longer, then they didn't plan very well. I love the change. Not having to have 1200 Diplomacy is a huge improvement.

DeletedUser34517

I just reached the end of the Viking settlement. I have 10 of each of the goods and more that 2500 copper coins, BUT the program DOES NOT seem to recognize this and does NOT allow me to finish the settlement! I have one hour left.

DeletedUser40618

I love the Vikings settlement and I think the changes made are good for it. I may build and keep a clan house and old willow from now on. I’m on my 24th run but I haven’t reached the final quest on the current run. I don’t expect to have any problems completing it in time knowing what’s needed for the last quest. Even then, I’d still have at least 2 days to finish it.

I average about 6 days each run. My best run was less than 5 days (thanks to some bonus goods). I haven’t used any diamonds in the Vikings settlement either. I’ve received Max rewards every completion, getting faster and having better strategies each time.

DeletedUser

I just reached the end of the Viking settlement. I have 10 of each of the goods and more that 2500 copper coins, BUT the program DOES NOT seem to recognize this and does NOT allow me to finish the settlement! I have one hour left.
You have to Gather (collect), not have 2500 Copper Coins and 10 of each good after you have collected the 'build Mead Hall' quest in order to fulfill the last quest. Merely having them in stock beforehand does not satisfy the requirements of the last quest.

Yeppers. my first failure from the mid-expedition changes is official now. With 1:40 left I might have just squeezed in a victory the old way I'd played for, but now here's the last(?) quest I get:

"Gather 2500 copper coins and 10 of each Viking good."

So I have to completely rebuild the settlement with each goods building completed and 8 hours of their goods, and I'm supposing an 'excess' of 2500 coins beyond those needed to produce the goods. Adds about 12 hours past the allotted time for me, which on 3 worlds is the first time I've been unable to complete the expedition in the allotted time since I began the settlement 8 levels ago.

I guess I mostly wish their had been a way for the changes NOT to have caught me at the end of completing an expedition cycle on each of the worlds I'm playing, or maybe you've added in some 'grace' period for the time difference in completing the changed quest?