• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Runestone fragment giveaway adjustment

DeletedUser38034

With the update that affected the Viking CS, everyone was given 3 runestone fragments for each successful completion. While that was appreciated, I feel that it should have been 6 fragments for each successful completion. Finishing the Viking CS in time for the maximum rewards used to yield a total of 9 runestone fragments. That means if you had completed the Viking CS 10 times, youd have gotten a total of 90 runestone fragments. Now that finishing with maximum rewards yields 15 fragments, a difference of 6 not 3, you'd have gotten 150 fragments. It's a difference of 60 but you'd only have retroactively received 30. I don't know if the giveaway was supposed to account for this and was set at 3 fragments simply because the first place finish time rewards changed from 6 to 9, a difference of 3, or whether it was completely arbitrary. In either case it kind of cuts short the players who dedicated time and possibly even money in being sure to complete the Viking CS with maximum rewards every time. Being one of those people, it just leaves me feeling like, "Why did I even bother?" Having finished the Viking CS 13 times, each time with maximum rewards, there's no way I can go back and get those new maximum rewards and only few opportunities left to benefit from their increase. In my opinion, it would be far more fair to have given out 6 fragments for each successful completion. This would make whole the people most affected and would help those who were unable to complete it with maximum rewards everytime. I know this has been long but thank you all for your time.

BruteForceAttack

With the update that affected the Viking CS, everyone was given 3 runestone fragments for each successful completion. While that was appreciated, I feel that it should have been 6 fragments for each successful completion. Finishing the Viking CS in time for the maximum rewards used to yield a total of 9 runestone fragments. That means if you had completed the Viking CS 10 times, youd have gotten a total of 90 runestone fragments. Now that finishing with maximum rewards yields 15 fragments, a difference of 6 not 3, you'd have gotten 150 fragments. It's a difference of 60 but you'd only have retroactively received 30. I don't know if the giveaway was supposed to account for this and was set at 3 fragments simply because the first place finish time rewards changed from 6 to 9, a difference of 3, or whether it was completely arbitrary. In either case it kind of cuts short the players who dedicated time and possibly even money in being sure to complete the Viking CS with maximum rewards every time. Being one of those people, it just leaves me feeling like, "Why did I even bother?" Having finished the Viking CS 13 times, each time with maximum rewards, there's no way I can go back and get those new maximum rewards and only few opportunities left to benefit from their increase. In my opinion, it would be far more fair to have given out 6 fragments for each successful completion. This would make whole the people most affected and would help those who were unable to complete it with maximum rewards everytime. I know this has been long but thank you all for your time.

Inno said it was too tedious to calculate for everyone based on past timeframe of completion, so they went with the simple approach.

DeletedUser33179

As the old saying goes... Can't please all the people all the time.

Emberguard

Another way of looking at it, you’ve already got more runestone from completing settlements. You can get the same amount again faster then a player that ignored settlements because they’ll be stuck on the longest time cycle while you’re on the shortest. Even if you only get the middle times you’d still be in a better position then anyone playing catch up

Ok they’ll get 3 once they’re done. You’ll have the 2-3 you already have and either be onto japan/Egypt or have 6+ runestones by the time new comers finish their tree. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could reach 8 by the time they reach 3.

BruteForceAttack

Another way of looking at it, you’ve already got more runestone from completing settlements. You can get the same amount again faster then a player that ignored settlements because they’ll be stuck on the longest time cycle while you’re on the shortest. Even if you only get the middle times you’d still be in a better position then anyone playing catch up

Ok they’ll get 3 once they’re done. You’ll have the 2-3 you already have and either be onto japan/Egypt or have 6+ runestones by the time new comers finish their tree. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could reach 8 by the time they reach 3.

Are you sure that Japan/Egypt will give viking stuff?

Algona

Would anyone here make this trade: You give 45 Runestone Fragments and get 2000 FP and 1000 Goods?

More on this later.

"Why did I even bother?"

The same reasons everyione who completed Settlements before the change did?

To get Ygg

To get other Rewards

To face a different in game challenge

To do something you enjoy

Or whatever other reasons motivated you to do Settlemetns previously.

Note that you have had the benefits of Ygg for months.

----------

A completely unrelated bit of maundering.

When I was a kid, minimum wage was $1.50. When I was in my twenties, it was anywhere form $2.50 - $3.50. A decade ago it was $9.00 Now it's $15.00.

I keep thinking that if I had just skipped working all those previous years I could just work now and make all that money in a small fraction of the time spent working way back when.

Anyway, enough wool gathering* on something that has nothing to do with the question at hand.

* We gather wool in Settlements. So maybe that isn't entirely off topic?

----------

Meanwhile back on ropic...

Would you have made that trade?

I finished iteration 15 (all on time) the day before the change. Any person starting Settlements now will prolly take around the same amount of time, say 6 months.

In 6 months that new starter will have 45 more Runestone Fragments then I have now. During those 6 months I'll have gotten 2000+ FPs and 1000 Goods from my Ygg and 2 lvl 5 Runestones. (and Emmisaries and 34% combat bonus and coins, supplies, medals and whatever else those give)

Yeah.

Ine other benefit for having already gotten however far you have gotten on Settlements?

When tnew Cultural Settlements drop you will be able to start them that much sooner.

Thanks INNO, II'll take that trade of 45 Fragments for 2000 FPs 1000 Goods and starting the next Settlement immediately.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The Runestone fragments given out were not a compensation for "lost" fragments. They were given as a goodwill gesture by Inno.

I'm sorry you feel you were treated unfairly, but the truth is that everyone operated under the same rules and everyone was treated exactly the same. You should keep in mind that when Inno reduces a reward/boost/bonus, they don't go back and retroactively take away the extra that players got before the reduction. That's just something to think about instead of complaining about being given too little free stuff.

Finally, as this is not really a proposal, I will move it to Forge Hall.

DeletedUser38034

Do the runestone fragments continue to be part of the rewards beyond when the emissaries and Ygguanadon upgrades stop? I'm gathering from some of the responses like "8 Greater Runestones" that they do. My concern was predicated on the fact that there were a limited number and now people starting it later have access to more. This is the first time I've considered that they keep going while the others stop. If they do continue to award runestone fragments then this is a non-issue for me.

Algona

Do the runestone fragments continue to be part of the rewards beyond when the emissaries and Ygguanadon upgrades stop

Yes.

With the new change you can earn up to 15 Fragments for every iteration of Settlements forever. There is no limit.

RazorbackPirate

Do the runestone fragments continue to be part of the rewards beyond when the emissaries and Yggdrasil upgrades stop?
In addition to unlimited fragments, each completed settlement after the 15th run yields a total of 85 FPs. 35 from the questline along the way, plus 50 FPs at completion. With the buff, each gold completion now yields one full upgrade, bringing daily FPs and more attack boost. If you have the time and have a ton of SoKs already, greater runestones are a pretty good upgrade.

Double the FPs in the same space, plus 2% more attack. 2% may not sound like much, but when your fight GBs cost thousands of FPs to add another 1% A/D, 2% attack with 2 daily FPs in the space of an SoK, the Greater Runestone is pretty powerful, more when you account for the FPs needed to add attack % through other means.

DreadfulCadillac