• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

Just got "round 1 league rewards" The bronze use to include an upgrade reward, seems that has been taken away so most likely it is more twice as hard to get to the last upgrade. Previously, there were multiple medal rewards throughout the events, those seem to have been taken away also. These events are getting less and less rewarding and more irritating.
I don't know what you're talking about. In League one, Bronze contained 20 FPs, a Reno Kit, and a Divine Selection Kit. The Divine Selection Kit contains a level 1 Altar, or 25 FPs, or medals, or 12 goods from your age. There was no upgrade in Bronze league 1.

An additional upgrade has now been added to Bronze, Silver leagues. Leagues are also the only thing that changed with rewards, so all the medals that were available through the players are still available. Everything just got a huge buff and this is your post?
These events are getting less and less rewarding and more irritating.
You got exactly what you were supposed to from the league you were in for round one. Now everything has been buffed, including the next three leagues. What are you complaining about?

Algona

medal rewards

Medals? 2015 called and wants you to come home. Your Shrines of Awe need collecting.

These events are getting less and less rewarding

Lessee... 3 years ago SoK and RH and Champs Retreat and WW were hard to get and much sought after.

In the last two Events a new player in my Guild got 20 SoK in 8 weeks It took me 2 years to get that many.

The others are also easy to get by the half dizen,on a regular basis

A few years back...Foeberge and Tree of Love and Confectionary and Graveayard and Bazaar and Ziggurat.

Worlds Fair, Pillar of Heroes, Pagoda, Tholos, Colossus, Winter Spire, Sets, Sleigh Builder, Mill of Fall, Grand Bridge, Cider Mill, Ships.

Yeah, Event prizes have gotten a lot worse.

Lando6

They should give a "diversity bonus" for building different altars instead of someone building the same one twice or so.

DeletedUser40495

They should give a "diversity bonus" for building different altars instead of someone building the same one twice or so.
The Altars aren’t set buildings, it would make no sense if you had to have unique pieces to get the full bonus.

DeletedUser40621

dividing this into quarters is the absolute dumbest thing you guys ever thought of...once you hit the quest cap you cant compete anymore. You actually reward people for not playing your game.

DeletedUser30312

The buff on the Athena is nice. And the league changes are interesting too, it may very well be possible for a non-spender to get enough Upgrades for 2 Altars. I don't mind that they changed things after the first league, there were no daily prizes there I was interested in spending my drinks on anyway. I scored Hobby because I hired one single player to get rid of that stupid bouncing soccer ball.

The 4 leagues seem like it gives non-spenders one or two opportunities to score Silver at the cost of the rest being Hobby or Amateur. I don't have a problem with that after this buff. In some of the previous events, after spending event currency on one of the main daily prizes, I got temporary bumps up to Silver, but eventually fell back to Bronze at the event end. This format might reward me for strategic play especially if a good daily comes at just the right time during the league by giving me a Silver win.

It's the way Inno has the dailies structured during these recent events. There's one or two nice Dailies, but it takes about a week or so for them to show up in the event. That's not a problem, it gives players the opportunity to build up a nice chunk of even currency to win the prizes. Inno's been putting stuff like SoKs and WWs on the list early to trick the impatient or lure the whales, then they spend up their currency faster and need to use diamonds to get more. It's kind of like how stores put stuff on sale on aisle endcaps to trick impulse buyers to spend. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Tholos Upgrades don't appear until at least the end of the current league.

Agent327

dividing this into quarters is the absolute dumbest thing you guys ever thought of...once you hit the quest cap you cant compete anymore. You actually reward people for not playing your game.

What quest cap????

There is no cap.

Emberguard

Lessee... 3 years ago SoK and RH and Champs Retreat and WW were hard to get and much sought after.

In the last two Events a new player in my Guild got 20 SoK in 8 weeks It took me 2 years to get that many.

The others are also easy to get by the half dizen,on a regular basis

A few years back...Foeberge and Tree of Love and Confectionary and Graveayard and Bazaar and Ziggurat.

Worlds Fair, Pillar of Heroes, Pagoda, Tholos, Colossus, Winter Spire, Sets, Sleigh Builder, Mill of Fall, Grand Bridge, Cider Mill, Ships.

Yeah, Event prizes have gotten a lot worse.
Yeah I agree the main prizes are much better. It’s the inbetween little things that they’re worried about. Even if the little things are worth far less then the gains from the main event buildings it’s still nice to have the shiny pocket change :D

well depends on how you play as to what they’re rewarding. Players have been asking for the leagues to be more accessible. If it’s spread out you’re not competing with anyone that spends in a different week. It reduces your pool of opponents.

Algona

It’s the inbetween little things that they’re worried about.

She was just as wrong on that, I didn't feel the need to explicitly point that out as well. I suppose I could have rugged her nose in that as well?

We still get everything that used to be offered in older Events with twp notable exceptions.

We still get Coins, Supplies, FPs, Goods, and yes, even Medals, along with a slew of other prizes.

What we don't get anymore are Diamonds (In the early Winter Events and from the Random Rewards from Historical Questlines) and Barracks.

Cass vented, she was wrong. Why try to salvage any part of that? She wants INNO to return to Event Prizes from years ago. Is that something any rational player wants?

DeletedUser30312

We don't get diamonds, but that makes sense for Inno from a financial point of view. They don't need players creating trash cities and using them to load up on diamonds a little here, a little there during events because that hurts Inno's bottom line.

The loss of barracks is a bit of a downside but fighters rely on unattached units and Rogues much more. And the newer events have churned out a good number of units.

Otherwise, event prizes have been very good. There's sets and upgradable buildings that have got the whales spending. Even the historical events have offered some nice unique buildings.

DeletedUser38138

I finished in the silver league in all seven of my cities but barely and did not spend any diamonds.

I logged in daily and swept my cities for all the energy drinks. Chose mostly gold and silver players. The key is to sweep your cities daily for the energy drinks. I think if you do not you will not make the silver league.

I used most of my energy drinks on the divine selection daily prize and received from 2-4 kits in all my cities so will have at least 4 event buildings if I can get the up grades but fear I will not have the energy drinks. It would have been nice if Inno added some as part of the league prize structure.

I have the completed event building in all my cities for the first round. I might get 2nd event building if I save all my energy drinks for round 3 or 4 probably skip round 2. Use them on the Tholos selection kit.

Now I have no clue if the same strategy will work for round 3 or 4 but will keep the same strategy.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I doubt it. With a prize like Tholos of Idols Selection Kit in the offing, the expectation would be that most money spenders will be saving up for that. And even so, Gold League is already over 4000.
LOL Really? You doubt that was the reason for the buff? The only reason INNO (or any gaming company) buffs items is b/c people aren't spending money on them. It is known. I would be real money that is the reason they buffed these event buildings. They just didn't measure up and no one was paying for them.

Algona

The loss of barracks is a bit of a downside but fighters rely on unattached units and Rogues much more.

Botht the Diamonds and Barracks changes were Pre GE and Pre Arc ubiquity. Things were a lot slower then and Diamonds were scarce as well, diamonds.

It was kinda brutal for me when INNO stopped giving them as prizes. I was cheating, err, I mean, exploiting that. I would wait until just as the Summer or Winter Event started then move up in Era then score Barracks of that Era long before I was going to be able to research the techs. Gave a substantial advantage in PvP...

The Diamond thing? Winter 2015 these forums were full of people talking about the cities they ere starting to get the 100 Diamonds, followed shortly by a lot of folk asking how to delete cities. Winter 2016 folk were mad that it was reduced to 50 Diamonds but still folk were talking in the forums about starting cities to harvest Diamonds. No Diamonds Winter 2017.

Seemed like a pretty reasonable response by INNO on both Barracks and Diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

Right, my point on barracks is that they're less important now because the whole combat meta has changed. Now we've got people with big Arcs powering up big Trazes which make lots and lots of rogues. If you get the right unattached units from event. or the continent map, and you're careful with them, you don't need the barracks.

As for the diamonds, I first started the game right at the tail end of the Winter 2015 event. I had some trouble setting my name properly and had to start over a couple of times, mobile was still pretty crude and lacking at the time. I think I finally got my main established right after the event ended. So no diamond farming for me. I was around for Winter 2016 (got my first rogues in that event), and I had several side cities where I successfully raked in around 1200 diamonds total for my account. Yeah, not surprising Inno discontnued that.

Agent327

Right, my point on barracks is that they're less important now because the whole combat meta has changed. Now we've got people with big Arcs powering up big Trazes which make lots and lots of rogues. If you get the right unattached units from event. or the continent map, and you're careful with them, you don't need the barracks.

You no longer need Traz for rogues. Himeji and RT give plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.