• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

RazorbackPirate

When is the next settlement coming out? I completed the viking settlement twice and haven't done anymore.
Why haven't you completed more than two? What do you expect to be different about the next settlement other than the culture that you'll want to complete it more than twice? Are you just hoping the first emissary will supply another FP and slot for TH? I doubt they'll keep the same order of emissary rewards, but you never know.

DeletedUser10515

What's the point of doing the same settlements over and over. I was bored after doing it twice.
Are the rewards increased? I honestly don't know.

Algona

What's the point of doing the same settlements over and over. I was bored after doing it twice.

It is months of grinfing: boring and sometimes frustrating; those random obstructions add some variety but can be a real pain. I really enjoy remodeling my city and I've gotten bored wth the constant fiddling required in Settlements.

By completing it 15 times I'll have netted 120 K Medals (I'm in CE), 525 FP, 375 Goods, some number of Runestones (SoK Equivalents), 6 emmisaries of which i can use 3 at any time, my choice is the free FP free unattached troop, and free medals per day and this:

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Yggdrasil_-_Lv._9

Is that worth the boring months long grind of completing the Settlement 15 times? That's up to you, but I would never fault anyone for not going through it.

RazorbackPirate

Yes. I've completed 10 Viking Settlements so far, and the rewards I've earned add 10 FPs, 10% Attack boost, 6 current age goods, a generous helping of boosted coins and supplies, and smattering of medals to my city every day. Plus each run through gives me 30 FPs along the way.

Daily rewards to your city pretty much max out after 15th run through, but 16+ will always reward 80 FPs and fragments to build more Greater Runestones, basically an SoK on steroids that maxes out at 2 FPs, 2% Attack boost, 1 current age good, and coins.

Boring, yes. Rewarding, big time. Plus each run through takes less time, so it gets a bit less grindy grind each time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10515

Yes. I've completed 10 Viking Settlements so far, and the rewards I've earned add 10 FPs, 10% Attack boost, 6 current age goods, a generous helping of boosted coins and supplies, and smattering of medals to my city every day. Plus each run through gives me 30 FPs along the way.

Daily rewards to your city pretty much max out after 15th run through, but 16+ will always reward 80 FPs and fragments to build more Greater Runestones, basically an SoK on steroids that maxes out at 2 FPs, 2% Attack boost, 1 current age good, and coins.

Boring, yes. Rewarding, big time. Plus each run through takes less time, so it gets a bit less grindy grind each time.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to have to jump back into them.

DeletedUser10515

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to have to jump back into them.
It is months of grinfing: boring and sometimes frustrating; those random obstructions add some variety but can be a real pain. I really enjoy remodeling my city and I've gotten bored wth the constant fiddling required in Settlements.

By completing it 15 times I'll have netted 120 K Medals (I'm in CE), 525 FP, 375 Goods, some number of Runestones (SoK Equivalents), 6 emmisaries of which i can use 3 at any time, my choice is the free FP free unattached troop, and free medals per day and this:

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Yggdrasil_-_Lv._9

Is that worth the boring months long grind of completing the Settlement 15 times? That's up to you, but I would never fault anyone for not going through it.

DeletedUser8420

The viking settlement is the same thing over and over and over again. Same quests, same rewards and you finish the settlement to have it wiped out only to do the exact same thing again. BORING !!!!!

DeletedUser40495

The viking settlement is the same thing over and over and over again. Same quests, same rewards and you finish the settlement to have it wiped out only to do the exact same thing again. BORING !!!!!
I agree, but for those that do the settlements, they will get great rewards. You can even take as long as you want, for God’s sake... you can take 10 years! The Yggdrasil is the only reward that matters and if you don’t do cultural settlements you are plain stupid for missing out on it. It’s the best non-great building in the game!

DeletedUser40495

I'd hardly use the word plain to describe Cassaundrea. I invite you to review her posting history.
I didn’t call her stupid. I called people who choose not to do cultural settlements stupid, and she just said she just finds cultural settlements boring, and did not say she does not do them. If you would have read her post and mine you would have understood that. Please read posts and make sure you understand them in the future before commenting or making assumptions. Thank you.

Agent327

I didn’t call her stupid. I called people who choose not to do cultural settlements stupid, and she just said she just finds cultural settlements boring, and did not say she does not do them. If you would have read her post and mine you would have understood that. Please read posts and make sure you understand them in the future before commenting or making assumptions. Thank you.

Now I know he is hard to follow, but in this case you misunderstood him.

DeletedUser40495

I’m sorry if I was hard to follow. My point was:

Although Cultural Settlements are boring, they give such great rewards that people who choose not to do them are stupid in my opinion.

DeletedUser30312

Well, I guess I'm going to need to wait and see if these new changes make Settlements more bearable. If it weren't for the Yggdrasil and emissaries I would have stopped a while back, but they're too useful to ignore. And I'd be foolish to ignore the Yggdrasil now with the big boosts it just got.

I'm just frustrated because I'm somewhat behind from trying get a good handle on putting together the settlements. I restarted several times because I fell short on time near the end of my early attempts, and each of those restarts wasted about 2 weeks of gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the other players who dropped settlements felt the same disgust I did with it. Honestly, I probably should have just ignored the stupid Runestone altogether instead of worrying about getting as many fragments as possible. The +2 attack bonus and 2 FP really isn't that impressive with some of the other special buildings I have.

The changes to the last quests mean I'm going to to have to relearn that part of the strategy again. Personally, I was ending things with 4 of the 3x3 goods, with a Clan House and Shack for the minimum population and 11 Willow and 2 Runestones for the diplomacy. And I didn't care about the goods buildings being finished. Having to produce stuff just for the sake of producing it feels pointlessly time consuming, but with the reduction to building times maybe things won't be as bad. I won't know with this current settlement, since it started before the changes went in place, so I'll probasbly need to comeplete at least 1 or 2 settlements after this one to really get a handle on things.

I don't know. I still say the RNG elements on top of a time limit aren't enjoyable, but that's exactly the sort of thing I tend to hate in games to begin with.

DeletedUser40495

I’m not a fan of the time limit myself. I have always completed before the first deadline, thanks to @UBERhelp1’s great guide, but it is really hard to get on enough to run shorter coin productions to get the needed copper coins to keep all the goods buildings running. But hey, greater runestone level 5 is twice as good as an SoK... I just wish you could get lots of them easier, without endlessly doing more settlements.

barra370804

I’m not a fan of the time limit myself. I have always completed before the first deadline, thanks to @UBERhelp1’s great guide, but it is really hard to get on enough to run shorter coin productions to get the needed copper coins to keep all the goods buildings running. But hey, greater runestone level 5 is twice as good as an SoK... I just wish you could get lots of them easier, without endlessly doing more settlements.
could you link the guide? I am completely failing at these settlements lol

DeletedUser30312

With all the time and effort needed to get the fragments for a single Runestone honestly, I'd rather put levels into a FP producing GB instead. It'd probably be faster and less irritating, and by the time that stopped being a useful option, I'd probably have a city producing enough FP that I wouldn't notice Runestone's FP production.

Again, maybe it's from being behind. Maybe later settlements kick in the x4 enough to make a significant difference, but I hate relying on luck. And a useful x4, I had a x4 kick in on a final production run where it wasn't needed twice in this current settlement.

DeletedUser40618

The problem I see most having with the settlement is that they don’t understand how to effectively manage the resources and aren’t buying enough expansions with goods so they don’t have enough space to work with. It shouldn’t take more than a week if you’re doing it the right way.

I never used clan houses or mead halls, and only used old willows once or twice if I had time to wait before the change this week. You also need to buy at least 11 expansions with goods. I buy 2 with axes, 2 with mead, and 7 with horns. I’ll build a 5x3, 3x5, or 4x4 layout of expansions depending on where the impediments are. The rest is knowing when to build or sell buildings.

The settlement really isn’t that difficult and the rewards are worth it in the long run. Yggdrasil is a beast in SAM, emissaries make your town hall even better, and the greater runestones (you can now get 1 or a level upgrade each week) do a lot for a 2x2 building. In addition, you get lots of coins, supplies, medals, and fps. Even more rewards than if you were using the exploit in the same time frame.

DeletedUser30312

Again, maybe it's from being behind. Maybe later settlements kick in the x4 enough to make a significant difference, but I hate relying on luck. And a useful x4, I had a x4 kick in on a final production run where it wasn't needed twice in this current settlement.

Make that three times. I needed 18 wool to finish things up, so I had 2 8 hour productions running overnight. The second one got the x4 bonus leaving me with 30 extra wool I'll never need or use. That's the sort of thing that irritates some of us with settlements.

Doing the last bit of work on the current settlement, and I think the Mead Hall can still be avoided. The 2500 copper can be made with just a Market if you have one already and a shrine. Set them both to an hour long production while building the goods buildings which will produce 407 copper, then 2 4 hour productions each while making the goods which should produce 2168 copper. The full total should come out to 2575 copper.

I have no idea how much the Mead Hall can make, and I'm not going to bother checking it.