• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quest question

Saladene

I am in the Colonial Era. I do not want to leave this Era at this time. I enjoy completing the Daily quests, and have done so every day since they started (Except one day when I was busy irl). Over the last 4-5 months, I have had an increase in 'Complete X amount of other quests' as a requirement to fulfill Daily quests. Unfortunately, the majority of time this requirement has occurred is either when no special quest lines (ie. soccer cup) are active or when I have finished all special quests except that days.

As a result I have gone through all Colonial bonus and story quests. I have also completed quests in the Industrial Era {without moving to the Ind. Era} as far as I can. Recurring quests stopped for me many months ago ( I think at least 5 months ago). Story quests and bonus quests are all Industrial and require me to move to that era. My current quests are:
'New Challenges, New Dangers' - story quest
'Enemy Propaganda' - bonus quest
'Father' - bonus quest
**None of the bonus quests are capable of skipping.**

It should be noted that I have completed the entire Colonial Continental map. I have also completed all of the Industrial Era map except one sector. Thought of taking that sector to complete it, but thought I would post here first. I have also completed all Col. era technologies except one (Porcelain). I realize I have moved far in the quests and map. I only did so because of the requirements of the Daily Quests. As I mentioned earlier, I like doing the daily quests and I do not want to leave the Col. Era at this time. So, my question(s)..

Why are all bonus quests not skippable? Is there a way to possibly reset my bonus quests? I am open to any advice and thoughts. ty for your time.

DreadfulCadillac

I am in the Colonial Era. I do not want to leave this Era at this time. I enjoy completing the Daily quests, and have done so every day since they started (Except one day when I was busy irl). Over the last 4-5 months, I have had an increase in 'Complete X amount of other quests' as a requirement to fulfill Daily quests. Unfortunately, the majority of time this requirement has occurred is either when no special quest lines (ie. soccer cup) are active or when I have finished all special quests except that days.

As a result I have gone through all Colonial bonus and story quests. I have also completed quests in the Industrial Era {without moving to the Ind. Era} as far as I can. Recurring quests stopped for me many months ago ( I think at least 5 months ago). Story quests and bonus quests are all Industrial and require me to move to that era. My current quests are:
'New Challenges, New Dangers' - story quest
'Enemy Propaganda' - bonus quest
'Father' - bonus quest
**None of the bonus quests are capable of skipping.**

It should be noted that I have completed the entire Colonial Continental map. I have also completed all of the Industrial Era map except one sector. Thought of taking that sector to complete it, but thought I would post here first. I have also completed all Col. era technologies except one (Porcelain). I realize I have moved far in the quests and map. I only did so because of the requirements of the Daily Quests. As I mentioned earlier, I like doing the daily quests and I do not want to leave the Col. Era at this time. So, my question(s)..

Why are all bonus quests not skippable? Is there a way to possibly reset my bonus quests? I am open to any advice and thoughts. ty for your time.
if you have completed the lma bonus questline, you should have 1 spot open because only 1 would be taken up tby the indy bonus quest?

DeletedUser40495

That’s why you should not do EVERY SINGLE daily quest. Only do the ones with useful rewards.

Personally I never do anything map or research related in a daily quest. If a daily quest asks for these things I just skip it. No harm done skipping a daily quest here and there.

Looks like to me that you won’t be able to complete all daily quests in the future like you have been doing. Since you are so far ahead, map related Event quests will be hard as well.

Not much you can do, besides learn from your mistakes and move on.

Saladene

Interesting points, 22prentwil. What is interesting is why there was such an increase in 'Complete other quests'. When Daily quests started, I would get that task maybe once every 2-3 weeks. So, since it was increased by game programmers, it can be decreased/removed. I will now add this question to my topic:

Game designers, can you remove 'Complete X amount of other quests" from Daily quest requirements ? There are sooo many other tasks that can be done for Daily quests.

DeletedUser33179

Bonus quests can never be skipped. You must know this by now (1st bonus line quest is back in EMA or HMA). No, Inno isn't going to "reset" your quests - you must know that, too. And I've zero idea why in the world you seriously expect Inno to change the game - remove "complete X quests" - just because you want them to accommodate the choices you freely make.

I'm sorry, but you did this to yourself. Even when you lost your recurring quest slots almost half a year ago, you chose to steadily keep doing the questlines available to you.

We can't have it all - risk/reward, somethings gained for other things lost.

It's your choice to make depending upon what's important to you. Stay in Colonial Age, skipping any Daily Challenges with "complete X quests" & resigned to prematurely ending an Event questline if that requirement happens to show up. Or move up an Age & get to a point where you regain a recurring quest slot (I don't recall at what point that'll happen, perhaps someone else recalls).

Agent327

Interesting points, 22prentwil. What is interesting is why there was such an increase in 'Complete other quests'. When Daily quests started, I would get that task maybe once every 2-3 weeks. So, since it was increased by game programmers, it can be decreased/removed. I will now add this question to my topic:

Game designers, can you remove 'Complete X amount of other quests" from Daily quest requirements ? There are sooo many other tasks that can be done for Daily quests.

Except that it is not increased. It is probably caused by the challenges ( not quests ) you pick.

DeletedUser40495

The “complete x amount of quests” quests are easy to complete. Just do Unbirthday Party a few times and it will be completed in less than a minute.

Unfortunately since you said that you no longer have recurring quests, you cannot do this. But that is YOUR FAULT for going to far in the c-map. Still I don’t understand why you just can’t abort the quests you cannot complete until you get to the recurring quests again, not all quests need to be completed.

It looks to me that you, for whatever reason, feel a need to complete every quest thrown at you. This has gotten you way too far on the c-map and into a poor situation, but once again, your fault. There’s not much to do but learn your lesson and move on.

And the game designers are not removing the “complete x quests” challenges. The majority of players find no issue with them. Unfortunately your poor gameplay choices have made you an exception, but Inno is certainly not catering to you.

Stop whining and make better choices next time.

upload_2019-7-1_14-6-29.jpeg

Saladene

vgar, ty. You are correct about 'Father' quest. It is an earlier era quest, have that in the bank now.

Clara Osgood, I remember having the option to skip some quests much earlier in my play of this game. I do remember skipping a couple of them, I just do not know what type of quests they were.
No, Inno isn't going to "reset" your quests .
I did not ask Inno to reset my quests. I asked:
Is there a way to possibly reset my bonus quests?
meaning is there a way I can reset my bonus quests. I apologize for not wording question differently. ty for the rest of your feedback.

Except that it is not increased. It is probably caused by the challenges ( not quests ) you pick.
As I stated in my post - #4 above, I was getting the 'complete XX amount of other quests maybe once every 2-3 weeks. That increased to several times a week. I noticed this immediately and decided to experiment by choosing Daily challenge rewards that were always the least rewarding. For example: Choice one reward possibility of XXk in supplies only. Choice two reward is possibility of supplies or 3 different supply buildings. I would choose the less chance of a decent reward. In this example, the supplies only. Even after doing this for a month or so as my choice, i was still getting the 'complete X amount of other quests' several times a week . So, I then switched to choosing the reward option with possibility of better rewards - Again, still required 'other quests' several times a week. Since the Daily challenge' requirements increased the usage of the 'complete XX amount of other quests' (and not do to any change that I did). In my perception, seemed logical to say that something in the game changed. So, if it was increased, it can be decreased, etc.

The “complete x amount of quests” quests are easy to complete. Just do Unbirthday Party a few times and it will be completed in less than a minute.

Unfortunately since you said that you no longer have recurring quests, you cannot do this. But that is YOUR FAULT for going to far in the c-map. Still I don’t understand why you just can’t abort the quests you cannot complete until you get to the recurring quests again, not all quests need to be completed.

View attachment 13860
I do not know why I can not abort quests I cannot complete either, that is why I posted.

And the game designers are not removing the “complete x quests” challenges. The majority of players find no issue with them. Unfortunately your poor gameplay choices have made you an exception, but Inno is certainly not catering to you.

Stop whining and make better choices next time.

View attachment 13860
I am not whining - I did not complain in any way. I stated factual information of my experience of game and asked for possible solutions and feedback.

DeletedUser33179

... I remember having the option to skip some quests much earlier in my play of this game. I do remember skipping a couple of them, I just do not know what type of quests they were. ...

... I do not know why I can not abort quests I cannot complete either, that is why I posted. ...

I really don't understand why you don't understand the difference between the various game quests, as you've apparently been playing for quite some time. Nevertheless, here's an explanation:
1- Story Quests ... these are always unabortable. Always
2- Side Quests ... come up frequently, Always with option to do it or abort it, at end of them the recurring quests start
3- Recurring Quests ... what you get to once done/skip the Side Quests; will disappear completely at select times, particularly when a Bonus Questline is triggered; each can be done or aborted & most keep recurring while this type of slot is available
4- Bonus Quests ... triggered at certain times by completing various somethings in the CMap/Story Questline, often taking the place of Recurring Quest slot, & are never ever abortable
5- Event Quests... specific to event currently active/live, none are abortable

Why can't you "abort quests [you] cannot complete either"? Gosh, don't you think it has something to do with the facts you gave us here that your only current quest slots are the Story Quest & two different Bonus Questlines - all by their definition unabortable?

----

... I am not whining - I did not complain in any way. I stated factual information of my experience of game and asked for possible solutions and feedback.

Well, there's this gem of an absurd request from you directed to Inno...

.... Game designers, can you remove 'Complete X amount of other quests" from Daily quest requirements ? There are sooo many other tasks that can be done for Daily quests.

BTW, I've never experienced this supposed increase in 'complete X quests' in the DC which you insist is happening & must have been done by Inno "changing the game" at some point (I've been playing 1 1/2 years & on multiple worlds) nor heard from anyone else confirming it.

----

Nevertheless, no one forced you to do those entirely optional DCs. You consciously made the choice to persist with advancing Story Questline & CMap. Even when you lost the Recurring Quest slot, you kept going for more than 5 months doing your thing. It's your own utter lack of foresight which put you in this spot.

---

Back to your OP ending questions...

... Why are all bonus quests not skippable? ...

Because they're not. You know this for a fact, as you've triggered them in the past & know what happens. Such is FoE life.

... Is there a way to possibly reset my bonus quests?

Nope. Wishful thinking on your part :(

In order to get a Recurring Quest slot back, you need to fully complete one of your two Bonus Questlines. Try going to the fan wiki & looking them up, to see what each entails. I may be wrong, but given where you are in the tech tree/etc you quite possibly may have to move up to Ind Age to do so.

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki

DeletedUser37581

I may be wrong, but given where you are in the tech tree/etc you quite possibly may have to move up to Ind Age to do so.
Considering that one of the Bonus quests mentioned was "Father!", there is only one more bonus quest after that to finish the LMA bonus quest line. Once that last quest is completed, Recurring quests should resume.

DeletedUser40495

I do not know why I can not abort quests I cannot complete either, that is why I posted.
Well too bad for you. There isn’t much else to do because bonus quests cannot be aborted. Learn your lesson for next time.
I am not whining - I did not complain in any way. I stated factual information of my experience of game and asked for possible solutions and feedback.
Oh really huh? How about this:
This screams entitlement to me. Inno isn’t changing the game because of your mistakes.

Saladene

Yes, from a perspective it does scream entitlement. I did not mean it that way at all.
ty to all for your input and help.

DeletedUser33179

Considering that one of the Bonus quests mentioned was "Father!", there is only one more bonus quest after that to finish the LMA bonus quest line. Once that last quest is completed, Recurring quests should resume.

Yes, just looked that up too. Thanks.

@Saladene, can you explain why you haven't completed the Bonus Quest "Father" that you mentioned? It's listed in the fan wiki as the next to last LMA Bonus Questline quest. It requires you build a doctor building, which is a HMA cultural building. All three versions of the last quest in the questline after that one (depends on your choices from previous quests) require you to build LMA buildings

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Father!

You say your in Colonial Age, which comes after LMA. Thus, you can build those. So you should've been able to complete that bonus Questline quite a while ago. What's the hold up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saladene

Hi Clara. vgar posted about 'Father' quest, and I responded to that player (above in post # 9 - the first line). ty for your help.

DeletedUser33179

Hi Clara. vgar posted about 'Father' quest, and I responded to that player (above in post # 9 - the first line). ty for your help.

I see that now, thanks. So apoarently finishing that LMA bonus questline didn't give you a recurring quest slot back, presumably since you'd already triggered the Indy bonus questline too (bummer). Well, the Indy bonus questline will require you to be in Indy Age to complete it, as must access it's tech tree for a specific quest.

It thus appears you're remaining choices are to either continue staying in Col Age without a recurring quest slot & no other Story or Bonus Quest doable or Age up.