• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyeMatey

A big problem with GvG is a lot of young guilds cannot even step foot on GvG land. Can't even hold just one tile because it's usually a landing zone that gets attacked constantly. Maybe one of the new features for Guild Battlegrounds should be that guilds who hold land on the GvG map cannot hold land on the Guild Battlegrounds map. Of course, they'll probably create more illegal accounts and monopolize the provinces on that map too.

Emberguard

@AyeMatey why do you feel the two should be mutually exclusive? I’m a bit confused on that one given for GBGs every guild will have starting ground that can’t be taken and limited by the amount of guilds for each round they’re facing based on their league standing

AyeMatey

@Emberguard
Because of the multiple accounts some guilds have. That is how they are able to gain so much GvG land. Inno has caught a few but instead of banning them from the game and closing their accounts, just deny them access to Guild Battlegrounds. It's still not fair to others who are playing by the rules but it prevents Inno from losing money if they ban a lot of players.

Emberguard

[...] instead of banning them from the game and closing their accounts, just deny them access to Guild Battlegrounds. It's still not fair to others who are playing by the rules but it prevents Inno from losing money if they ban a lot of players.
So.... are you saying let cheaters have permission to cheat and just exclude them from the new feature? Am I reading that right?

mamboking053

In GvG, a player would sometimes have to have troops from a variety of eras in order to assist in covering as much ground as possible. Has anyone read or heard anything about whether or not each player will be fighting in their own age in the GbG, exclusively, or will it still be a multi-era set-up?

DeletedUser30312

A big problem with GvG is a lot of young guilds cannot even step foot on GvG land. Can't even hold just one tile because it's usually a landing zone that gets attacked constantly. Maybe one of the new features for Guild Battlegrounds should be that guilds who hold land on the GvG map cannot hold land on the Guild Battlegrounds map. Of course, they'll probably create more illegal accounts and monopolize the provinces on that map too.

They'll not do that. Everything Inno's said so far points to having GvG and Battlegrounds side by side. So the big GvG guilds will have to decide whether they want to stick with GvG, shift their efforts to Battlegrounds, or do both, as some guild already go for a strong presence in both GvG and GE now.

In GvG, a player would sometimes have to have troops from a variety of eras in order to assist in covering as much ground as possible. Has anyone read or heard anything about whether or not each player will be fighting in their own age in the GbG, exclusively, or will it still be a multi-era set-up?

I'm pretty sure battles are supposed to be based on each player's current age.

BruteForceAttack

You can fight with higher or lower age troops, but enemy will be current (maybe mix of one age lower, like GE..only inno knows for sure)

Ku-ka-ili-moku

GvG is the most boring part of FoE, an antiquated game design long abandoned by the vast majority of players. Better you take all that time and resources allocated for this dinosaur and create new and exciting material for our players! Mars and Beyond!!!
Learn how to play the game

AyeMatey

So.... are you saying let cheaters have permission to cheat and just exclude them from the new feature? Am I reading that right?
Cheaters have been creating multiple accounts for years. A lot of high-level players I know have created them. That's how they are able to take and hold onto so many provinces in GvG. What's Inno doin' about these cheaters? As far as I can see, only a minuscule amount have been banned. Inno can't seem to stop them. If you can't stop them, block them.

DeletedUser39158

My guild used to be heavy on GvG. This may get us back on to something.

But when will it be uploaded?

Dax65

I like it.

I think the thing that was hurting GvG the most was that it was dominated by the strongest guilds.

Also the fact that it's mostly about auto-ing a trillion times a day...

I think it will be hard to totally mitigate this, but the new rules and new form are really interesting.

"Dominated by the strongest guilds?" I thought that was the purpose of guild competition! (Hate to say "duh" but...)

mamboking053

"Dominated by the strongest guilds?" I thought that was the purpose of guild competition! (Hate to say "duh" but...)

Yeah, but I think one of the problems with GvG was a lot of the maps became dominated by a small number of guilds- pretty much locking most other guilds out of any desire to participate. The new system bunches all those top tiers in one instance while opening up others so that smaller guilds can compete for substantial gains without overbearing competition.

Dax65

I like it.

I think the thing that was hurting GvG the most was that it was dominated by the strongest guilds.

Also the fact that it's mostly about auto-ing a trillion times a day...

I think it will be hard to totally mitigate this, but the new rules and new form are really interesting.

"Dominated by the strongest guilds?" Hate to say "duh" but isn't that what all of FOE is about? The STRONG always dominate. GvG is a valuable part of the game, and attracts the strongest players. This new concept will have to evolve for a few eons before it can compare, IMO.

DeletedUser29786

I would like to suggest that INNO provide the following options to guild founders: Battlegrounds or Event -- adjust frequency of Battlegrounds seasons to match frequency of Events. I cannot even imagine how much time will be required to do both well simultaneously. You might even want to consider forcing guilds to decide on either GBG or GvG, not both. Somehow, you need to figure out a way to dial back the touch-time required to play the game competitively as it is today.

Likewise regarding the purchase of buildings to place in a province. Guild leaders need a way to monitor who is making those purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.