• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The sounds of summer

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25252

As the Summer Event is now available to preview on our beta server, I thought it would be nice to stir up all your old musical memories. What is the tune that you always associate with Summer, and why?

5 lucky winners will be selected at random to win 200 Forge Points each! Don't forget to let us know what world you would like the prize on, if you're a winner.
*Rules may change at any given time.

The closing date is: 31 July 2019

To start the ball rolling, mine will always be 'Everybody wants to rule the world' by Tears For Fears, because the intro always makes me think of icecream vans :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

T Rex's "Bang a Gong." It was played for me by my next door neighbor at age 12. She had older siblings who knew all the cool tunes and we'd sing it all summer, even though it wasn't a new song at the time!

Sinerania

DeletedUser28147

Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll

Grew up listening to it because of both my parents, every time I hear it I think of all the times I would dance and jump on the couch while my dad barbecued on the patio.

Houndsmoor

DeletedUser40197

Summer Girls by LFO
Nothing kicked off school ending and summer starting like this summer anthem, always puts me on a good mood :)
P

DeletedUser29353

As the Summer Event is now available to preview on our beta server, I thought it would be nice to stir up all your old musical memories. What is the tune that you always associate with Summer, and why?

5 lucky winners will be selected at random to win 200 Forge Points each! Don't forget to let us know what world you would like the prize on, if you're a winner.
*Rules may change at any given time.

The closing date is: 31 July 2019

To start the ball rolling, mine will always be 'Everybody wants to rule the world' by Tears For Fears, because the intro always makes me think of icecream vans :cool:

COME ON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE. My wife and I were married in the summer, 49 years ago and we had that song pounded out on the church organ for our ressiomal. And yes, the flame is still hot but it takes a little longer to get going. I play game in Jaime

Jern2017

Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller. It's always been a "Summer song" for me, listening to it on a warm evening with a cup of coffee and cigar in my hand.

Dunarsund

Status
Not open for further replies.