• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Douglas 221

It sounds like this is a good start to fixing GvG for those who enjoy playing. I especially like the check box to eliminate the extra clicks.

DeletedUser36247

In AA Map, replacing the units with "highest age" for freed sectors, is not Any Age - this makes it only possible for the highest age players to participate. If you are going to do this, then don't call it Any Age, as it is not for "any" only the highest. If you want an open battleground for all players than you should not do this.

DeletedUser28271

My thought would be to fix bugs such as maps refreshing in real time and sieges showing up when placed would be a good place to start before making wholesale changes to GvG. Can things that have been "broken" in recent months be fixed so they worked as before when they were fully functional? Many issues occur throughout the day and night and not just around recalculation. Are these items being addressed? How about the map refreshing at recalculation too?

Since it looks like you are addressing point farming (Yay!!!), any chance we can get the "One Down" kit to age down special buildings?

Agent327

In AA Map, replacing the units with "highest age" for freed sectors, is not Any Age - this makes it only possible for the highest age players to participate. If you are going to do this, then don't call it Any Age, as it is not for "any" only the highest. If you want an open battleground for all players than you should not do this.

It only ever became AA, cause there were no more maps after Future. Highest age players have always had an advantage and it does not make any difference if they place highest age troops, or the NPC does.

DeletedUser16059

I wish calc wasn't a daily predictable thing. I wish it was variable with something like 4-12 hours between each calc and the number would be up at the top. This way you can't have a timed crew and you have to have an ebb and flow where no guild has a distinct advantage.

DeletedUser4491

Have no problem with most of this - I do think 6 calculations is a little much (why not start with two 12 hour and if that still doesn't improve things then increase), I also agree with a previous poster that if you're going to have that many calculations without allowing more drops it's only going to encourage people to create multiple accounts or give trusted rights to players that may not have them otherwise (which can also lead to abuse of another nature).

I think you're swinging the pendulum a little far in the other direction, but it is a start and hopefully you remain open to feedback after the fact to make changes as needed.

DeletedUser38594

So.. Recap - Not AA anymore it'll change to MarsA - Recalc will probably stay at 1 clusterfawk time because it'll hover around the recalc that matters most, Power etc considering the main timers are still @ 24 hours.

DeletedUser30519

restricting spears will not make it more competitive. AA all ages. replacing with highest age troops so now lower age players have no chance to take sector. four hour calc so now i loose my sector because i work rethink this and fix the bugs first before you introduce more

DeletedUser40780

There are so many changes here that are going to cause all kinds of issues. That's a LOT of changes to make all at once.
The biggest issue here is going to be unit recruitment time.

Additional Recalc Timers (4hr) - This is going to be completely unmanageable for most guilds. Having to fill and siege is going to become nearly impossible to keep up with, not to mention the cost of the goods. Will also need more drops available to help manage costs. It just seems like this is going for force even more NAPs which is lame. It also means one motivated guild can wipe whole maps in 24 hours.

Removal of Bronze units - Like others are saying, might as well stop calling it AA. This will certainly help make it harder to hold half the AA map, so i guess that's cool. Just abuse the system in other ways. It does kind of stink that lower age players won't be able to help in AA as much. We have long used the "SF Brigade" to train our newbies. On the flip side, at least we'll be getting better fights. Probably lots of 8R's until everyone runs out.

Reduce point farming profitability - As someone loathes champ farming, i like the idea on the surface. The problem is, this just makes it 10x easier to fill those tiles. Just load them up with junk early age units, then drop and get tiles full of huge point fights. give me give me more! yay. Also really great for blocking off guilds that have no access to SAM age units. seriously, this screws the little guy in AA so bad it's hilarious. I love it though :) Looking forward to 200-300M point weeks. no champ farming needed.

Confirmation checkboxes - whoa boy, the troop blender just got an upgrade. This is going to make it so much harder to take tiles that are being fully defended. There's going to be less "skill" involved with getting the siege in and/or filling DAs. On the upside, anyone that's been using macros to siege/fill loses their unfair advantage, so for that alone, this is great.

Camera Focus - This is actually my fav change. Really helpful for filling, or for doing those tedious CE tiles when you want to manually fight to save units.

TLDR - GvG is going to turn into an unsustainable troop blender for 99% of players/guilds. Fighting guilds are going to get screwed by NAP guilds. Champ farmers will continue to farm, but it won't be quite as profitable. Non-SAM players are screwed in AA.

No complaints without suggestions, right?
- Give tiles 8, 12, or 24-hour protection from when they are captured. Have rolling resets instead of specific hourly.
- NPCs in AA should have units from random ages. Making them all SAM makes it too easy to abuse for either 1) farming or 2) trapping less developed guilds. Random age will make it harder to abuse for point farming and/or trapping other guilds.
- Allow 4 drops per player per 4hr calc (if not using rolling, if rolling, then 4 per rolling period, also rolling).
- Give Founders more drops per cycle (8+ up to unlimited)
- Give Leaders more drops per cycle but less than Founders. (6+ up to less than founders)
- Reduce recruitment time for units. Going from recalc every 24hr to recalc every 4hr without giving a faster recruitment time is going to make fighting unsustainable for most players. Especially those that siege/fill.

Love the planed changes.
It's fun when things get exciting.
The random units for dropped sectors is solid.
Will be nice to be rid of the swarms of Spear-fighters.
It will completely change things.
My guess is Age up or stick to the age of map to you are in.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited: