• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer

PaHe

I posted 2 trades one for 1 day and 1 for 2 hours both were taken but I did not get the payments what is going on

BruteForceAttack

I posted 2 trades one for 1 day and 1 for 2 hours both were taken but I did not get the payments what is going on

You probably forgot to click the Barter button.

image from announcement.
Barter2.gif

DeletedUser26660

Are the 6 items offered in the main page computer generated or are they a compilation of other players items? Also, the item we put up...is it taken by the computer or bid for by other players against each other?

DeletedUser37581

When you sell an item to the Antiques Dealer, it is gone - into the proverbial bit-bucket, never to be seen again. The items that the Antiques Dealer offers for sale are completely unrelated to the items that are sold to the Antiques Dealer.

DeletedUser26660

Ok, so are the items that are sold by the antiques dealer owned by any players or just random items he issues?

DeletedUser37581

The items sold by the Antiques Dealer, including the items put up for auction, come from thin air. Other players are not involved in any way.

ODragon

Those are exactly the items I'll be trading for awhile. I have more of each than I can ever dream of using and they bring the best return.

Best I have seen are wishing wells and foy but I may be misremembering.

Volodya

Best I have seen are wishing wells and foy but I may be misremembering.
What Agent said is right. I was thinking of coins, but the ones you cite bring a better return in gems. The Antiques Dealer is a well-designed and long overdue improvement for sure, but I'm still waiting for something I want to buy or bid on. I'm already up to 83K coins and 29 gems.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

Now maybe I'm alone on this one, but when what the AD gives you for an SoK and what he/she charges for a Grandstands is roughly the same thing, I'm sensing rip-off territory. I would hope that some tweaking of the gross imbalance is forthcoming.

Agent327

My guess is because FoY is more limited in how often you can obtain one

Except they are easier to get than WW. They are part of the jade relic and the GE lvl4 chest. Every week you have a chance to get them. WW's you can only get at events.