• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends List Question

DeletedUser38738

I recently had to add a couple friends for trading purposes. My list was at 120 ( 80 that I invited plus 40 something Ive accepted ) plus . I understand the 80 invite limit. Shouldn't all I had to do was remove 2 people whom I knew I sent invites to in the past that previously accepted which would put me at 78 " invited " friends, so I could then send out the 2 invites to get me back to 80 ? I ended up having to get my entire list back under 80 ( deleting 40 friends !! ) so I could send out invites again. Is that kosher or am I not understanding this correctly ?

Lannister the Rich

Unfortunately, from my own experience, this is how it works. Though, I don’t think it should be...the wording of the alert definitely implies it should not be either

You have already invited more than 80 friends”

DeletedUser40495

Yes it’s unfortunate.

Just be careful not to delete active players, so when cleaning out your list be sure to check. I personally use group messages to do that, but many players dislike that (although I have found few issues if used in moderation)

But whatever you do, it always pays to be thorough when clearing your list.

DeletedUser38738

Ok thanks all. Thats really dishonest wording by Inno as far as that goes.

Lannister the Rich

Ok thanks all. Thats really dishonest wording by Inno as far as that goes.
You are correct. Saying “You already invited 80 players into your friends list.” makes it sound like removing 2 friends that you invited would remediate it. Instead, it just means you have more than 80 friends. I think INNO is a German company. Maybe it just got lost in translation and they never fixed it.

Last edited:

Xcynda

I wish Inno would change this so that removing one or more of the 80 invited allows you to invite the number you deleted. Players seem to drop away from the game and they are then not helpful in quests (either having taverns to visit or visiting mine), getting silver rewards, trading. You should not be penalized (which is how I see it) for removing innactive players and not being able to replace them (that is I can not invite new players to take their place).

Agent327

I wish Inno would change this so that removing one or more of the 80 invited allows you to invite the number you deleted. Players seem to drop away from the game and they are then not helpful in quests (either having taverns to visit or visiting mine), getting silver rewards, trading. You should not be penalized (which is how I see it) for removing innactive players and not being able to replace them (that is I can not invite new players to take their place).

Great necro. It really needed that. Not that something like this was ever mentioned before.