• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

vote your conscience not your wallet

RazorbackPirate

"The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia.1"

"The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with the five warmest years on record taking place since 2010.""
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
Gee. NASA propaganda. I'd not considered dismissed that yet.

So, Google throws a climate change summit at an exclusive resort in France. 140+ private jets fly in the world's elite to attend, accompanied by 5+ mega yachts and dozens more ordinary ones. You think the tools who buy into their BS are the butt of their jokes for the weekend? I do. If the control they seek through the lie were not so absolute, I'd be laughing too. As I said, Hunger Games. The elite yucking it up while we're told to starve.

Lannister the Rich

Gee. NASA propaganda. I'd not considered dismissed that yet.

So, Google throws a climate change summit at an exclusive resort in France. 140+ private jets fly in the world's elite to attend, accompanied by 5+ mega yachts and dozens more ordinary ones. You think the tools who buy into their BS are the butt of their jokes for the weekend? I do. If the control they seek through the lie were not so absolute, I'd be laughing too. As I said, Hunger Games. The elite yucking it up while we're told to starve.
NASA propaganda? Do you also believe we never landed on the moon?

plinker2

Many years ago, people that commited 1st degree murder, rape,or burglary, were tried for their life. Later on, the 1st degree rape and burglary were changed as it would actually save lives. People were never meant to stay on death row for years, much less decades. I believe that this has been done because people have forgotten about sure and swift punishment. Also, the "elites" wanted this changed as they think they are above the law. Most of the names mentioned in the above posts are people that fancy themselves as elite or above the law.

plinker2

Is the climate changing? Bet your buttons it is. The climate has always been changing and always will
be changing. Can we (humans) do anything about it? NO! We cannot control or change the weather, except for making snow on ski slopes. What is the deal then? MONEY!!!! All of the people shouting climate change have no concrete plan to do anything about it. What is their latest proposal? Putting a tax on meat! What can people do to help this world? We can try to clean the oceans from the millions of tons of plastic in them, we can preserve our drinking water, we can protect the soil that grows our food. The "elites" want our money and control of our very lives. THAT is the climate change smoke and mirrors magic show. We can employ solar and wind power, we can find more clean fuels, but climate change? NO. Most of you seem to be smart and fairly well educated, so think about it. Saying we can change the climate of an entire planet is a hoax. Remember, they are saying tens of TRILLIONS of dollars and no set plan. Please, don't be fooled by this.

plinker2

It’s actually proven that keeping someone alive with a life sentence and 3 square meals a day costs less than executing them, so idk where you get cost efficient. But is that really your justification for murder? It’s cheap?
Well, I know that these people get free medical, dental, and legal advice on the taxpayers dime. And they get everything from dentures to open heart surgery to cancer treatments. They get free access to a shrink if they think they need one. Remember, rope is cheap, and reusable. Also, the "average" inmate cost the taxpayers around 30 thousand dollars per year.

Lannister the Rich

Well, I know that these people get free medical, dental, and legal advice on the taxpayers dime. And they get everything from dentures to open heart surgery to cancer treatments. They get free access to a shrink if they think they need one. Remember, rope is cheap, and reusable. Also, the "average" inmate cost the taxpayers around 30 thousand dollars per year.
Yep, and it’s still cheaper. The median cost of the average inmate to serve their sentencing is $740,000. The average cost of a death row inmate with a comparable sentence length is $1.26 million from start to finish. Imagine that.

Don’t be upset that inmates get healthcare, you could too if you stopped believing what the insurance companies want you to believe so they can get more money. You talk a lot about the Elite, but don’t realize it’s the fat cat capitalists who are this Elite.

Edit: Your comment on rope disturbs me, but it’s not even the method of execution that is most costly. It’s the court costs prior to and during trial, not any post-conviction proceedings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

It’s actually proven that keeping someone alive with a life sentence and 3 square meals a day costs less than executing them, so idk where you get cost efficient. But is that really your justification for murder? It’s cheap?

They cost nothing if we skip the process because they are dead.

Justified homicide is not capital punishment ... It is the ability to defend yourself from what would be capital murder.

Everything else is kind of after the fact ... And likewise what you get when you grant society/government the power to determine such things. If you don’t like capital punishment, then you can thank yourself for granting the government the power to determine such things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36572

Again, the trial and pre-proceedings cost more to taxpayers than the conviction itself. Or are you suggesting we just kill everyone who commits a crime and cut out due-process altogether?

There is no trial if the perpetrator is on the receiving end of justified homicide ... :)

Edit:
I am not suggesting that we kill all criminals, but capital murder is what results in capital punishment. I am suggesting people learn how to better defend themselves from capital murder.

If you have a problem with the way government handles anything ... Then stop granting them the power to do so.

It’s like you are asking the government to hold everyone’s hand when they cross the street ... But get upset when they walk someone into the path of a bus. What the heck do you expect ... You have no real control over the people you keep granting more and more power to.

RazorbackPirate

Yep, and it’s still cheaper. The median cost of the average inmate to serve their sentencing is $740,000. The average cost of a death row inmate with a comparable sentence length is $1.26 million from start to finish. Imagine that.

Don’t be upset that inmates get healthcare, you could too if you stopped believing what the insurance companies want you to believe so they can get more money. You talk a lot about the Elite, but don’t realize it’s the fat cat capitalists who are this Elite.

Edit: Your comment on rope disturbs me, but it’s not even the method of execution that is most costly. It’s the court costs prior to and during trial, not any post-conviction proceedings.
Actually, it is the cost of all the post-conviction proceedings. There's also no reason why someone sentenced to death should ever have a comparable sentence to an inmate that costs $740,000. At 30k a year, that's someone living on death row for 25 years. If someone duly convicted and sentenced to death is still alive 6 weeks after sentencing, my question is, "Why?" What are we waiting for? If someone's going to be dead six weeks after sentencing, why would we give them dental care, cancer treatments, and mental health services during that time? They'll be dead in a few weeks. You save money by having justice be swift and sure.

How long has it been since AG Barr re-instituted the death penalty at the Federal level? Wasn't there 5 convicted child rapists and killers whose executions were to be scheduled? Why are they not dead yet? What are we waiting for?

plinker2

Capitol punishment is a horrible punishment intended for the most horrible and monstrous people. Someone who plots and carries out a murder and is tried and found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. It started out to be a swift punishment. Since most of the government is comprised by lawyers,is it no wonder things are in the shape they are now.

Lannister the Rich

Actually, it is the cost of all the post-conviction proceedings.
That is 100% false. If all the post proceedings were removed from a capital murder trial, it would still be more expensive than sentencing someone to a life sentence. If someone’s death sentence were overturned and they were to get life instead, it would cost the tax payers hundreds of thousands more from the initial court proceedings than if they were to have just been sentenced to life to begin with. These are facts. Sorry if it doesn’t fit your agenda.

There's also no reason why someone sentenced to death should ever have a comparable sentence to an inmate that costs $740,000. At 30k a year, that's someone living on death row for 25 years. If someone duly convicted and sentenced to death is still alive 6 weeks after sentencing, my question is, "Why?" What are we waiting for? If someone's going to be dead six weeks after sentencing, why would we give them dental care, cancer treatments, and mental health services during that time? They'll be dead in a few weeks. You save money by having justice be swift and sure.
Do you even realize how many people are wrongly convicted every day? Do you even know the process of death row? Why do you think it takes so long? Oh wait, it doesn’t matter. You don’t care. You just want vengeance. Guess what, buddy, vengeance is not justice.

Imagine you had “proof” that someone killed someone else. So, you take on the garb of judge, jury, and executioner and kill this person without their due-process. What’s going to happen to you? You’ll be charged with murder. Even if you show this proof to the judge and they agree that this person you killed had killed the other person, what will they say? They’ll say it’s not your duty to be executioner without due-process. What’s the difference between you and the courts? You gave the person due-process in your mind, there just wasn’t any paperwork. What’s the difference between God and the courts? A lot more than you and them. You have no right to justify the death of anyone, regardless of their actions, just as the courts should not either.

Several men innocent of their crime (there is documented proof) could be killed on death row. You’ll probably dismiss this too because it doesn’t fit your agenda.

DeletedUser36572

That is 100% false. If all the post proceedings were removed from a capital murder trial, it would still be more expensive than sentencing someone to a life sentence. If someone’s death sentence were overturned and they were to get life instead, it would cost the tax payers hundreds of thousands more from the initial court proceedings than if they were to have just been sentenced to life to begin with. These are facts. Sorry if it doesn’t fit your agenda.

Do you even realize how many people are wrongly convicted every day? Do you even know the process of death row? Why do you think it takes so long? Oh wait, it doesn’t matter. You don’t care. You just want vengeance. Guess what, buddy, vengeance is not justice.

Imagine you had “proof” that someone killed someone else. So, you take on the garb of judge, jury, and executioner and kill this person without their due-process. What’s going to happen to you? You’ll be charged with murder. Even if you show this proof to the judge and they agree that this person you killed had killed the other person, what will they say? They’ll say it’s not your duty to be executioner without due-process. What’s the difference between you and the courts? You gave the person due-process in your mind, there just wasn’t any paperwork. What’s the difference between God and the courts? A lot more than you and them. You have no right to justify the death of anyone, regardless of their actions, just as the courts should not either.

Several men innocent of their crime (there is documented proof) could be killed on death row. You’ll probably dismiss this too because it doesn’t fit your agenda.

And if people didn’t commit capital murder, it wouldn’t cost us as much to try them.

And ... If a helicopter was cheaper than a pick-up truck, I would get to the hunting blind quicker during duck season.

Edit:
Point being ... Capital punishment is not really a matter of cost, and to apply a dollar figure to life, reveals how corrupt the opposition to it really is.

RazorbackPirate

NASA propaganda? Do you also believe we never landed on the moon?
I believe there is insufficient evidence to conclusively prove we've ever been to the moon. I also believe that the preponderance of the currently available evidence indicates we have not.

I know that NASA admits every globe Earth image they've ever released to the public has been CGI/Photo Shopped. I also know NASA has released images from the Mars pathfinder 'missions' that show quite clearly an old Model T Ford in one and others that show groundhogs and other such critters. I also know NASA has finally admitted to 'color correcting' their Mars photos to add a red tinge to the landscape because the unedited photos look just like photos here on Earth. I'm smart enough to know that Occam's Razor says it is much more likely that those images were taken here on Earth and only purported to be from Mars than there are Martian groundhogs joyriding in a Model T Ford who wrecked it on their home planet.

I'm also smart enough to know that a 58 year old man who believes in climate change, a man who just 10 years ago said, "No nation, however large or small, wealthy or poor, can escape the impact of climate change. Rising sea levels threaten every coastline. More powerful storms and floods threaten every continent." "The science is beyond dispute and the facts are clear. Sea levels are rising. Coastlines are shrinking." "We’ll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods." doesn't invest 15 million dollars on this mansion on an island.

190822-barack-michelle-obama-marthas-vineyard-50.jpg

He is either the biggest climate/science denier known to man, OR he knows those previous statements were as true as his statement "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." Oh yes, Obama was one of those who flew by private jet to the Google climate change summit. They are laughing at the tools indeed.

Last edited:

Lannister the Rich

I believe there is insufficient evidence to conclusively prove we've ever been to the moon. I also believe that the preponderance of the currently available evidence indicates we have not.

I know that NASA admits every globe Earth image they've ever released to the public has been CGI/Photo Shopped. I also know NASA has released images from the Mars pathfinder 'missions' that show quite clearly an old Model T Ford in one and others that show groundhogs and other such critters. I also know NASA has finally admitted to 'color correcting' their Mars photos to add a red tinge to the landscape because the unedited photos look just like photos here on Earth. I'm smart enough to know that Occam's Razor says it is much more likely that those images were taken here on Earth and only purported to be from Mars than there are Martian groundhogs who went joyriding in a Model T Ford and wrecked in on their home planet.

I'm also smart enough to know that a 58 year old man who believes in climate change, a man who just 10 years ago said, "No nation, however large or small, wealthy or poor, can escape the impact of climate change. Rising sea levels threaten every coastline. More powerful storms and floods threaten every continent." "The science is beyond dispute and the facts are clear. Sea levels are rising. Coastlines are shrinking." "We’ll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods." doesn't invest 15 million dollars on this mansion on an island.

190822-barack-michelle-obama-marthas-vineyard-50.jpg

He is either the biggest climate/science denier known to man, OR he know those previous statements were as true as his statement "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." Oh yes, Obama was one of those who flew by private jet to the Google climate change summit. They are laughing at the tools indeed.
Suddenly, it all makes sense! I realize now this is no longer a serious conversation. I’m taking my leave now. My fiancée and I have “enjoyed” the “laughs”.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Capitol punishment is a horrible punishment intended for the most horrible and monstrous people. Someone who plots and carries out a murder and is tried and found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. It started out to be a swift punishment. Since most of the government is comprised by lawyers,is it no wonder things are in the shape they are now.

The only capital murder trial we have had where I live, in my lifetime, has recently been overturned in the third appeal.

It involves a man (from a large metro area, not here) convicted of murdering a young boy (here) after posing as his daughter online, meeting the boy, and sexually assaulting him. The man confessed to the crime as he was being arrested, again during questioning, and again in the courtroom during his trial. The defendant also requested the death penalty and the option to forego the appeals process.

It has been sent back through the courts once again, because the appeals court didn’t think the defense attorney had done a good enough job towards convincing the defendant not to confess in the courtroom. The members on the appeals court are pretty much the only people who care whether the man lives or dies ... Including the defendant.

RazorbackPirate

I am taking about due process. Someone convicted of a crime whose penalty is capital punishment. That there are 18+ years of appeals and legal maneuverings, and all the costs associated with 18+ years of incarceration, medical, dental, legal, mental costs. All facilitated by progressive judges and Governors and other bleeding hearts who put their personal convictions about the death penalty above the laws concerning the death penalty. Granting appeal after appeal, or simply refusing to enforce the law and defy the express will of the people just to keep convicts away from the justice they deserve. That's not justice, that's agenda.

As I said previously, virtually every instance of wrongful conviction has involved judicial malfeasance, people involved in the case who knew they were railroading an innocent person to a wrongful conviction. The rest have been folks who have been guilty, but have gotten off on a technicality. I can think of no instance where everyone acted in good faith and simply got it wrong. Folks knew it was wrong long before the conviction and were morally obligated, one could even say they had a public duty to stop it, but chose to wrongfully convict anyway.

We know the corruption exists, yet we do nothing to stop it. End the corruption and restore confidence in the verdict then we won't have to hand-wring for 18+ years over all the poor innocent convicts before justice is served. Personally, I think when a prosecutor, cop, judge, etc. is found guilty of falsifying evidence, taking a bribe, withholding exculpatory evidence, etc. who knowingly colluded to sentence an innocent person to a wrongful conviction should immediately receive the sentence of the person wrongfully accused, plus all the time of the wrongfully accused person's fulfilled sentence added on.

I think anyone found guilty of faking a hate crime (Jussie Smollett, et al) should receive the full penalty of the hate crime they faked had it been true. I think anyone who falsely accuses another of rape or sexual misconduct (Christine Blasey Ford) should face the full penalty the accused would have received had the allegations been true. I also think those found guilty of treason should face death by public hanging.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Suddenly, it all makes sense! I realize now this is no longer a serious conversation. I’m taking my leave now. My fiancée and I have “enjoyed” the “laughs”.
How is it no longer serious when you can download the images in question directly from the NASA website? I'm not the one who put them up there. I'm not the one who said they're from Mars. NASA is the one who has said they've been color correcting the Mars images, not me. Suddenly your 'trusted source' is lying? Or you're simply going to deny what NASA has said without doing the research to confirm it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

You don't think the Obamas buying 15 million dollars worth of beachfront property that's supposed to be underwater in less than 15 years is suspicious? Corruption aside, if he at all believed in climate change, doesn't this purchase simply fly in the face of reason? If he believes it and bought the house anyway, doesn't that make him a fool or an idiot? If it were at all true that this 15 million dollar property is going to be underwater in 15 years, what insurance company is going to insure that home?

Why do the climate change propagandists all fly in private jets, sail on mega yachts, and own beachfront property? You don't find that at all suspicious? Duplicitous? Foolish at minimum?

No, of course not. You just deny, deny, deny, ignoring any evidence that doesn't fit your indoctrination. But hey, you believe in joyriding Martian groundhogs if you want. I'll admit the idea is kind of cute.

How much did that college indoctrination cost? Did you work hard to get into the best school with the best track record of successful indoctrination? Did you get really good grades to show how successful the efforts were? Did you get a good job with a company filled with other indoctrinates like yourself? Seems you found a fiancee who shares your group think.

Did she pay a hefty price for her indoctrination from a good school too? Wait, did you both get indoctrinated at the same school? When's the date? What's the ring look like? Are you fornicating until marriage?