• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

vote your conscience not your wallet

Freshmeboy

Just a little bit of context here about the global warming issue.. right now the planet is warming slightly- get used to it. Are we entirely responsible...? No. Are we helping the planet get warmer...? Absolutely. Will it get cooler during Sol cycle 24...? Yes.
Mankind has zero ability to manage our planet because we can't concieve the complexitues of the entire system. We tend to ruin natural process in the pursuit of profits and even in our zeal to restore natural processes because we are in our adolescence of understanding our world.
That being said, the current system of weather and mild relatively stable climate we have enjoyed is only 12000+ years old. Yup tha's right. We have been a much colder planet over the last 300,000 years and the two major meltdowns of the ice caps 12K years ago changed the ocean's currents enough to create this weather change. The result was a longer growing season and a higher snow line increasing arable land. This created an upward spiral of agriculture and increased population until we now number 7 billion humans.
Cold weather equals smaller growth, warm weather equals increased growth. The problems of our world are directly attributable to this climate change 12K years ago as humans are a product of their biome. What's the answer...?
Clean fuels would revolutionize our planet and hydrogen is the answer. It wouldn't take care of all the world's ills but solving the energy puzzle would certainly help. Hydrogen is cheap, easy to make but extremely volotile. The energy companies ( who are in business to supply you with energy) are telling the government that releasing hydrogen fuels among the populace is dangerous, a national mistake to implement because it would put the public at risk. But the same was said about aternating current. DC power was considered safer but limited, while AC power was better but far too dangerous for the public.
Its a matter of technology and that tech exists for safe hydrogen fuel storage. Hydrogen fueled busses already exist (How's that for protecting the public..?) and implementaion across the country would be expensive at first but is vital if we are to wean ourselves off petroleum energy sources. Oil, essentially our solar reserves, contains the most useful organic compounds on the planet and would be better served in a different capacity than running our car to the store.
Right now a program is underway for hydrogen fuel cell transport. It will take a decade to implement but on a small scale only for public transportation. If we are truly spending a billion per day for 'global warming' I believe it would be better spent on expanding this energy model across the globe ASAP rather than used for research on the present weather change or used by the IPCC to further its mandate of fear.
That's my rant for now....

DeletedUser

Capitol punishment is a horrible punishment intended for the most horrible and monstrous people. Someone who plots and carries out a murder and is tried and found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. It started out to be a swift punishment. Since most of the government is comprised by lawyers,is it no wonder things are in the shape they are now.

Right. Lawyers are all evil, Governments and politicians are all evil. It's just the lone citizen with an AK47 that is the moral pinnacle of human social constructs, the only one who can be trusted to not abuse power.......

Evidently, looking at the statistics on who gets a death sentence and who does not, the rich commit less "horrible" Crimes that the Poor; and Whites commit less "horrible" crimes than people of color, because, well, you know, a rich person killing somebody simply is not as Horrible as a poor one committing murder ....

The facts are indisputable, though I'm sure folks will find a way to ignore them: poor people and people of color are disproportionately sentenced to death for identical crimes, for which rich, white persons get reduced prison sentences for. Just check out the court case now occurring in North Carolina.

DeletedUser36572

How is it no longer serious when you can download the images in question directly from the NASA website? I'm not the one who put them up there. I'm not the one who said they're from Mars. NASA is the one who has said they've been color correcting the Mars images, not me. Suddenly your 'trusted source' is lying? Or you're simply going to deny what NASA has said without doing the research to confirm it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

You don't think the Obamas buying 15 million dollars worth of beachfront property that's supposed to be underwater in less than 15 years is suspicious? Corruption aside, if he at all believed in climate change, doesn't this purchase simply fly in the face of reason? If he believes it and bought the house anyway, doesn't that make him a fool or an idiot? If it were at all true that this 15 million dollar property is going to be underwater in 15 years, what insurance company is going to insure that home?

Why do the climate change propagandists all fly in private jets, sail on mega yachts, and own beachfront property? You don't find that at all suspicious? Duplicitous? Foolish at minimum?

No, of course not. You just deny, deny, deny, ignoring any evidence that doesn't fit your indoctrination. But hey, you believe in joyriding Martian groundhogs if you want. I'll admit the idea is kind of cute.

How much did that college indoctrination cost? Did you work hard to get into the best school with the best track record of successful indoctrination? Did you get really good grades to show how successful the efforts were? Did you get a good job with a company filled with other indoctrinates like yourself? Seems you found a fiancee who shares your group think.

Did she pay a hefty price for her indoctrination from a good school too? Wait, did you both get indoctrinated at the same school? When's the date? What's the ring look like? Are you fornicating until marriage?

As to President Obama’s mansion and flood insurance ... The National Flood Insurance Act of 1968 requires the Federal Government to share the risk and secure the costs in regards to insured properties.

It was funded until Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy wiped out all the reserves, and has accumulated $25 billion in debt since 2004.

But ... To answer your question, the US taxpayer would be liable for the $15 million if the President’s estate should go underwater.

DeletedUser36572

Right. Lawyers are all evil, Governments and politicians are all evil. It's just the lone citizen with an AK47 that is the moral pinnacle of human social constructs, the only one who can be trusted to not abuse power.......

Evidently, looking at the statistics on who gets a death sentence and who does not, the rich commit less "horrible" Crimes that the Poor; and Whites commit less "horrible" crimes than people of color, because, well, you know, a rich person killing somebody simply is not as Horrible as a poor one committing murder ....

The facts are indisputable, though I'm sure folks will find a way to ignore them: poor people and people of color are disproportionately sentenced to death for identical crimes, for which rich, white persons get reduced prison sentences for. Just check out the court case now occurring in North Carolina.

If you have a problem with disportionate rates of conviction and incarceration ... You have no one else to blame than your alimighy masters in Government.

At what point are you going to understand that everything you are complaining about is a core function of the government you insist on granting more and more power to?

Or ... How careless it is to sign (figuratively) a social contract with an entity you have absolutely no control over and that demonstrates a constant desire to change the stipulations of your agreement by leveraging the opinions of people who don’t give a damn about you.

Emberguard

This does make a lot of assumptions. Namely that poor people and rich commit the same amount of crimes in the same type category. But here’s the thing: if I’m rich or middle class I don’t have the same needs as the poor. I’m every bit as capable of committing the same crimes if I don’t hold tight to my convictions regarding my own behaviour. But I don’t have the same motivating factors. Why would I steal bread if I have the money for it? I’d like to think (and hope) I would never do that even if I ended up on the streets tomorrow, but it’s not something I’ve ever been in a situation where that’d be remotely tempting

It’s not that rich are any better or commit less crimes, but they are in better situations so the crimes they’re more likely to commit or get caught with will reflect their needs and wants

Edit: re-reading what you wrote, are your statistics based on total number of convictions or the results of trials? (Or both)

Last edited:

plinker2

Since I live in the Tarheel state, I know full well what you are talking about. I sickens me. Now, having said that, you can understand why I have supported term limits for politicians for several yrars. 2 terms in government is enough for them to screw things up.

DeletedUser36572

Since I live in the Tarheel state, I know full well what you are talking about. I sickens me. Now, having said that, you can understand why I have supported term limits for politicians for several yrars. 2 terms in government is enough for them to screw things up.

You may be putting too much faith in the system if you support term limits ... Because politicians who lack experience are far more dangerous when left in the hands of the bureaucrats and staffers you (or the People) have no ability to control.

In most places term limits have been applied, they have quickly found out that the people who set the schedules, highlight certain portions of the legislation and control access to the elected official, have way more influence in what actually happens than the elected officials themselves.

You may change who is sitting at the head of the table, but until you gut the office, the change is merely window dressing. And if you give all the lobbyists and staffers the boot, all they have to do is walk to the office next door and barter their skills and influence there.

plinker2

True, but people that have been in office for 30 or 40 years have lost touch with what people have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. We need new people and new ideas from time to time. Look at the current situation. People are running for President just "to beat Trump". Other than that they have no true message that will get people excited to really support them. Something needs to change before a 2nd American revolution occurs.

DeletedUser36572

True, but people that have been in office for 30 or 40 years have lost touch with what people have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. We need new people and new ideas from time to time. Look at the current situation. People are running for President just "to beat Trump". Other than that they have no true message that will get people excited to really support them. Something needs to change before a 2nd American revolution occurs.

The people who are running against President Trump are cultivating and nurturing the key voting demographic for 2024 and beyond.

The ideas they express today, will be repeated and plastered everywhere by the media. Young people nowadays (in general), are not taught critical thinking, and by 2028 will have been fed a decade of the Progressive agenda, with countless glass table discussions by supposed experts, that aren’t even intellectually honest enough to make a distinction between journalism and commentary.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think any of the Democrat 2020 candidates really think they have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating President Trump. They are simply taking the opportunity to change the landscape and the dialog.

Lannister the Rich

I am taking about due process. Someone convicted of a crime whose penalty is capital punishment. That there are 18+ years of appeals and legal maneuverings, and all the costs associated with 18+ years of incarceration, medical, dental, legal, mental costs. All facilitated by progressive judges and Governors and other bleeding hearts who put their personal convictions about the death penalty above the laws concerning the death penalty. Granting appeal after appeal, or simply refusing to enforce the law and defy the express will of the people just to keep convicts away from the justice they deserve. That's not justice, that's agenda.

As I said previously, virtually every instance of wrongful conviction has involved judicial malfeasance, people involved in the case who knew they were railroading an innocent person to a wrongful conviction. The rest have been folks who have been guilty, but have gotten off on a technicality. I can think of no instance where everyone acted in good faith and simply got it wrong. Folks knew it was wrong long before the conviction and were morally obligated, one could even say they had a public duty to stop it, but chose to wrongfully convict anyway.

We know the corruption exists, yet we do nothing to stop it. End the corruption and restore confidence in the verdict then we won't have to hand-wring for 18+ years over all the poor innocent convicts before justice is served. Personally, I think when a prosecutor, cop, judge, etc. is found guilty of falsifying evidence, taking a bribe, withholding exculpatory evidence, etc. who knowingly colluded to sentence an innocent person to a wrongful conviction should immediately receive the sentence of the person wrongfully accused, plus all the time of the wrongfully accused person's fulfilled sentence added on.

I think anyone found guilty of faking a hate crime (Jussie Smollett, et al) should receive the full penalty of the hate crime they faked had it been true. I think anyone who falsely accuses another of rape or sexual misconduct (Christine Blasey Ford) should face the full penalty the accused would have received had the allegations been true. I also think those found guilty of treason should face death by public hanging.
You call yourself a Christian, yet you wish evil upon others. That itself is quite unchristian like. I dare you to ask your pastor or priest his thoughts on capital punishment. It is unjust. It is evil.

People providing false witness to a crime should be tried for that and nothing more. And it should be a trial. Not y’all vs. us...thing about sexual assault is that it’s already hard to prove it or prove against it. You do not know the Ford lies about her accusation. All we know is that kavanaugh was not found guilty. That’s it.

DeletedUser36572

You call yourself a Christian, yet you wish evil upon others. That itself is quite unchristian like. I dare you to ask your pastor or priest his thoughts on capital punishment. It is unjust. It is evil.

People providing false witness to a crime should be tried for that and nothing more. And it should be a trial. Not y’all vs. us...thing about sexual assault is that it’s already hard to prove it or prove against it. You do not know the Ford lies about her accusation. All we know is that kavanaugh was not found guilty. That’s it.

Whatever his pastor or priest thinks won’t make a difference. Government is the one pulling the trigger (will love to see how well you do as government’s spiritual advisor).

Oh ... It’s not hard at all to prove sexual assault ... A doctor can do it in short order, combined with corraberated testimony and evidence gathered.

I think you meant to say sexual assault is hard to prove when you fail to report the event, have no evidence, and cannot accurately recall any details of the circumstances surrounding the accused event.

Lannister the Rich

Whatever his pastor or priest thinks won’t make a difference. Government is the one pulling the trigger (will love to see how well you do as government’s spiritual advisor).

Oh ... It’s not hard at all to prove sexual assault ... A doctor can do it in short order, combined with corraberated testimony and evidence gathered.

I think you meant to say sexual assault is hard to prove when you fail to report the event, have no evidence, and cannot accurately recall any details of the circumstances surrounding the accused event.
I guess you’ve never experienced it. I hope you don’t.

Doctors can not prove it 100% of the time. Does not mean it did not occur.

1 in 3 women experience sexual violence. 1 in 4 men.

RazorbackPirate

I am a follower of Jesus. In what way is supporting capital punishment 'wishing evil' on another? In what way is it 'unjust'? Certainly not because you say so. Chapter and verse, NT, red letter preferred, if you want to make that assertion.

There are times someone commits such evil on another that they punch their own 'right to life' card. Rape and murder a child, you forfeit your right to life. If you're caught and fairly prosecuted, bye, bye. Swift and sure. Such evil does not have the right to exist in this world and it's not evil to eliminate it. God will decide where they spend there eternity, but that doesn't mean we need to suffer them here on Earth one minute beyond what's necessary. You do something like that, society owes you nothing, you've cancelled your right to exist card.

I don't need ask my pastor or priest what their opinion is on capital punishment, I have the Bible, the Holy Spirit, the Word is clear, and unchanging. When in doubt, I always go back to the original Hebrew or Greek. Jesus never spoke out against the law, any of it. As the Living Word, He is The Law made flesh as well. That's the only way Jesus could die for us, by never transgressing the law. Including never bearing false witness against the law which would have been to speak out against the law.

Then the penalty for knowingly providing false witness to a crime should be the penalty of the crime one is bearing false witness to. Jussie Smollett would have been perfectly fine had the CPD picked up two unsuspecting, innocent, white guys wearing MAGA hats. He would have stood behind the glass, cried his fake tears and said, "It's them officer." and would have carried the charade all the way to the end, sending two innocent men to jail.

The media would have loved every minute of it, using the false narrative to help start the race war they so desperately want. Poor Kamela, though. She was hoping to ride that red horse all the way to the oval office. That's pure evil. He deserves the sentence befitting a triple hater crime, race, homo, and political. Sounds like a 3 striker to me. Ih wait, Jussie's above the law. NM.

Sorry K, even Tulsi's got your game. Who you gonna sleep with now? #WillieBrown

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

I guess you’ve never experienced it. I hope you don’t.

Doctors can not prove it 100% of the time. Does not mean it did not occur.

1 in 3 women experience sexual violence. 1 in 4 men.

You have no idea what I have experienced ... And likewise I didn’t say doctor could alone. I specifically indicated combined with some kind of corroborated testimony and evidence.

It doesn’t change just because you decide to ignore the reality.

Lannister the Rich

I am a follower of Jesus. In what way is supporting capital punishment 'wishing evil' on another?
Right here.
There are times someone commits such evil on another that they punch their own 'right to life' card. Rape and murder a child, you forfeit your right to life.
Neither you nor the government have the right to choose who can live and who cannot. It does not matter what they did. Jesus taught forgiveness above everything. Now, I ask, is capital punishment forgiveness? I’ll pray for you, brother.

Lannister the Rich

You have no idea what I have experienced ... And likewise I didn’t say doctor could alone. I specifically indicated combined with some kind of corroborated testimony and evidence.

It doesn’t change just because you decide to ignore the reality.
Right back at you. People experience things differently. And may not always make sense to you. Maybe you have been assaulted, and if so, I’m sorry that happened to you. But however you may or may not have dealt with it has no bearing on how anyone else would have either. There are several reasons not to report an assault. There are several reasons why proof would not exist. It does not mean it did not occur.

Edit: here’s your rape kits serving their purpose right?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...pe-kits-public-safety-issue/story?id=60540635

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Right back at you. People experience things differently. And may not always make sense to you. Maybe you have been assaulted, and if so, I’m sorry that happened to you. But however you may or may not have dealt with it has no bearing on how anyone else would have either. There are several reasons not to report an assault. There are several reasons why proof would not exist. It does not mean it did not occur.

Edit: here’s your rape kits serving their purpose right?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/massive-backlog-untested-rape-kits-public-safety-issue/story?id=60540635

I should take the opportunity to encourage people to acquire basic training in self defense and situation awareness. The best thing to do is to give yourself options other than ensured victim status. It’s better to learn how to at the least fascilitate escape, even if you don’t want to hurt the person stupid enough to attempt assault.

Like you said ... If you are going to wait for the goverment to save you, or even test your rape kit ... That’s a fool’s errand.

RazorbackPirate

I should take the opportunity to encourage people to acquire basic training in self defense and situation awareness. The best thing to do is to give yourself options other than ensured victim status. It’s better to learn how to at the least fascilitate escape, even if you don’t want to hurt the person stupid enough to attempt assault.

Like you said ... If you are going to wait for the goverment to save you, or even test your rape kit ... That’s a fool’s errand.
I've never understood why the same folks who yell about there being a rape culture also support gun control. Seems the best way to prevent rape is to prevent rape. I'm convinced that gun control is anti-woman. As you say, it virtually assures a victim status. I honestly don't get it.