• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which Person Wins?

mamboking053

The person with the power to do anything they desire (and I mean anything, regardless of any laws of nature or whatever...)

vs

The person with the power to completely nullify another persons power.

DeletedUser36572

The person with the power to do anything they desire (and I mean anything, regardless of any laws of nature or whatever...)

vs

The person with the power to completely nullify another persons power.

The person who doesn’t care about having power over others, often finds victory in the strength no one else can take away.

DeletedUser

In other words, saying both people are able to "duel" at the same time and are ready for it, then mutual destruction.
How does the person with the nullification power destroy the other person? The best he/she could do is hope the nullification takes effect first and then hope they have physical superiority.

Super Catanian

In other words, saying both people are able to "duel" at the same time and are ready for it, then mutual destruction.
Duel, huh? *(Dueling intensifies)*

In Yu-Gi-Oh!, whenever I have a card that can negate effects of other cards, it still won't affect cards that are unaffected by other effects. So, due to me being slightly biased, the immovable object wins.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

How does the person with the nullification power destroy the other person? The best he/she could do is hope the nullification takes effect first and then hope they have physical superiority.
Let's say they can't directly attack each other without using their powers. They would pour all their energy into attacking the other person with their powers and would ultimately both lose because their energy would be spent. Assuming they both have the same mana... I mean energy and same power requirements for their powers. There are too many variables ultimately to determine a winner with the situation provided, but assuming constants can hint at a solution.

Super Catanian

Using Yu-Gi-Oh! as a reference, nothing really is immovable or unstoppable. Everything has a weak point. Monster cards that are unaffected by effects can still be destroyed through battle. Cards that can negate effects can be negated themselves or destroyed by other special effects. Even cards that cannot be destroyed by battle or effect can be negated somehow.
My point is that nobody will win in a situation like the above, since that will never exist in the first place. Everything has a weak point. Nothing in this world is truly unstoppable or immovable.

UBERhelp1

Using Yu-Gi-Oh! as a reference, nothing really is immovable or unstoppable. Everything has a weak point. Monster cards that are unaffected by effects can still be destroyed through battle. Cards that can negate effects can be negated themselves or destroyed by other special effects. Even cards that cannot be destroyed by battle or effect can be negated somehow.
My point is that nobody will win in a situation like the above, since that will never exist in the first place. Everything has a weak point. Nothing in this world is truly unstoppable or immovable.
Someone's opinion can be immovable. A mountain is immovable to an ant. Perspective is key. For example, from a certain perspective, the universe does rotate around Earth. Why not? It depends on your perspective.

Lannister the Rich

In a deterministic universe, several of these so called power people could exist actually if it were determined that at no point in the history of said universe would the opposing forces ever meet.

UBERhelp1

... this is so funny to watch

Infinity stones bois!!!! Which person wins - thanos who can do whatever he wants or the avengers who are immovable forces of good? :p

barra370804

the person with power to do anything they desire may nullify the power of the power nullifying person, therefor leaving them defenseless and dead

Super Catanian

... this is so funny to watch

Infinity stones bois!!!! Which person wins - thanos who can do whatever he wants or the avengers who are immovable forces of good? :p
The winner is me once I grab the remote and turn off the TV!
19a.png

DeletedUser36572

You don’t have the power to do whatever you want, if someone else can stop you from doing whatever you want.

Either the first, or the second person doesn’t have the power described.