• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Something that has to change in Events are the Quests that require making the People Happy.
My Population is always Enthusiastic but that never counts to the Quest, it should be an automatic completion.
I have to waste supplies and time etc. tearing down buildings that I need for Happiness buildings that I don't need just to take those down again after the Quest to replace with buildings that I had (more hours of production wasted). That is not fun, it is annoying. I have seen players giving up on Events, even leave the game, because Events can be a pointless pain with little reward.
The reason your city's status of Enthusiastic doesn't count is because the quests are not to "make the people happy", they are to add x amount of Happiness. This can be done easily if you have Faces of the Ancient and/or Gates of the Sun God decorations from GE. You just build and delete them until you've fulfilled the quest. All you need is a free 2x2 space in your city.

DeletedUser27979

The reason your city's status of Enthusiastic doesn't count is because the quests are not to "make the people happy", they are to add x amount of Happiness. This can be done easily if you have Faces of the Ancient and/or Gates of the Sun God decorations from GE. You just build and delete them until you've fulfilled the quest. All you need is a free 2x2 space in your city.

It is having the space to do that. I usually use the Faces & Gates to do that as that is their only use.
Many people don't have the space, many Cities are packed tight.

DeletedUser

It is having the space to do that. I usually use the Faces & Gates to do that as that is their only use.
As I said, you only need a 2x2 space because you can fulfill the quest by building and then deleting one at a time. As long as they complete before you delete them, they will each count towards fulfilling the quest. And since they're decorations, they don't need a road connection.

Agent327

Something that has to change in Events are the Quests that require making the People Happy.
My Population is always Enthusiastic but that never counts to the Quest, it should be an automatic completion.

Having a happy population always auto completes if they are happy. Gaining an x amount of happiness doesn't, cause that requires some action.

If you want to complain at least have your facts straight.

DeletedUser35550

Having a happy population always auto completes if they are happy. Gaining an x amount of happiness doesn't, cause that requires some action.

If you want to complain at least have your facts straight.

just get some decorations that go up quickly, then sell afterwards

DeletedUser30312

Appleton Cottage is looking really good. Very good defense bonus, above average FP production and a decent attack bonus.

The Prosperous Cider Mill has a pretty good FP production on it, 1 FP/3 squares, but I'm not really impressed. It's a multiproducer, and I don't like them, it's a long awkward 3x7 making it harder to fit into a city, and it takes several upgrades just to get to it. The Cider Mill is probably the best supply building in the game, but the various upgrades are fairly mediocre multiproducers until the last two, and those have awkward footprints. I'm not going to make any changes to this:

cider.png

UBERhelp1

Oh dear... I just checked my gaming email for the newsletter, and this line has me cringing.

"Fancy a moist brownie?"

Inno what have you done!
At least it's not "Fancy a moist, chunky brownie?"

Super Catanian

Oh dear... I just checked my gaming email for the newsletter, and this line has me cringing.

"Fancy a moist brownie?"

Inno what have you done!
At least it's not "Fancy a moist, chunky brownie?"
Wat8.jpg

Galechade

Why aren't the event quests the same across all servers? On the wiki and the EN server, the 4th quest is to do 15 minute productions a specific number of times. Yet on the US server it is 1 hour productions. Why is that? I noticed there were timed production differences in the last event as well.

Emberguard

You have the space in roads

Delete roads, add trail (Stone Age) and then replace with current age. Voila. Lots of happiness. Expensive, but happiness

DeletedUser

FYI: This thread is for feedback, not questions about how to play the event. We have a Questions section in the Forum for such things.

Jern2017

My favorite seasonal event. I'll go for the Appleton Cottage and hopefully pick up the latest Cider Mill upgrade as well.

Love the artwork. Great job, Inno!

DeletedUser38657

is there a bug ?? I have done Quest 7 3 times it is the one you have 8 hr preduction and pay supplies I have looked at the quest line and it only shows 1 that's set that way ..where do I report it ?

Galechade

FYI: This thread is for feedback, not questions about how to play the event. We have a Questions section in the Forum for such things.
OK, here's my feedback. It's ridiculous that the quests are not the same across the EN and US servers. US has more requirements, making it harder to complete the tasks.