• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Whats the point of life?

DeletedUser40473

as a kid we spend most of our lives in school. then we grow up using what we learned so we can make money to buy food (important) and then stuff that dont make us happy. then we die,whats the point?

DeletedUser40495

I’m not gonna get all religious, even though I could :p

I think our purpose is to leave a lasting impact on the world in our own way, and to somehow make things better for the future inhabitants of the earth.

Super Catanian

37pwj0.jpg

DeletedUser28147

You could also use something as crutch, like religion, to give your life meaning and purpose.

Freshmeboy

Hmmmm..I asked this very question some 42 years ago of an old vet in a park in my hometown..I didn't believe or understand him then because I was young and self centered and narrow of mind like most youngsters ..he said "Well, we are here to help each other make the journey"
It was 20+ years later that I began to understand the import of his words..the question is do you...?

mamboking053

Meaning in life is subjective. Reason for life seems simple- to reproduce.

I asked myself a few questions...

What would happen if I disappeared from the world tomorrow? What would happen if I never existed?

What would happen if all humanity disappeared tomorrow? What would happen if humanity never existed?

What would happen if existence ended tomorrow? What if existence never existed?

In life, I've found that sometimes the reasons for a thing are more evident when they are lost. As far as life goes, it only exists to support it's own existence. Without other forms of life we seem to atrophy emotionally and mentally. Other than that I can see no non-subjective reasoning for anything.

Last edited:

Lannister the Rich

I sort of like this quote: Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for -- in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Modern, industrialized life is boring, so you try to make yourself and others happy. Then, you die.

...I'm probably not the best person to comment on this, but I just wanted to say sometimes there isn't a point to the things that happen in life. You just got to do you, bro.

Super Catanian

Another thing is that now, thanks to modern medicine, we have larger lifespans on average than we did centuries ago. But the downside is that we spend more time being sick. Companies are trying to increase the quality of life rather than to extend the lifespan. Answer me this, would you be happy living a really long life if you spent almost half of it suffering? I think not. We should take advantage of as many opportunities as we can to be happy, which is what's important. If we just shut ourselves inside on the Internet, we'll become less connected, and make less social relationships. Unfortunately, I let that happen to me, and, as a result, [this is too deep to mention publicly so I have redacted it]. Don't let that happen to you. Don't think that life is meaningless.

UBERhelp1

The meaning of life is to leave the world better than it was.

I could go into more detail on my opinion with this stuff... but I don't want to depress anyone :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The greatest thing...I've ever learned...is to love...and be loved in return.

On a side note, people who say they'll enjoy hell, or that they'll "be in good company" there, simply don't understand the concept of hell.

DeletedUser36572

The greatest thing...I've ever learned...is to love...and be loved in return.

On a side note, people who say they'll enjoy hell, or that they'll "be in good company" there, simply don't understand the concept of hell.

Life is an opportunity and not a mission.

You either embrace the opportunity, live it to its fullest, engage the obstacles and navigate the waters with good stewardship ... Or you neglect the opportunity, looking for greater meaning, and attempt to hedge your bets against your inevitable mortality.

Die Living Or Live Dying.

DeletedUser

Life is an opportunity and not a mission.

You either embrace the opportunity, live it to its fullest, engage the obstacles and navigate the waters with good stewardship ... Or you neglect the opportunity, looking for greater meaning, and attempt to hedge your bets against your inevitable mortality.
I don't understand your point. These two things are not mutually exclusive. "Hedge your bets"? There's no such thing, spiritually speaking. To me, life is about embracing both the opportunity and the mission. It's kind of sad, really, that you think they are two separate paths.