• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40981

why do these quests always cost so much supplies? I will go empty if I pay out the 52K ugh :)

qaccy

No point having a huge stockpile really. If you run out of a resource it means you're actually using it to its fullest potential. Saving something for a rainy day in FoE doesn't really make sense. What do you forsee needing to suddenly use a billion supplies on if you've saved up that much? Or 50,000 goods? I'm sure you can some up with some hypothetical 'well, I could use them for this...' scenario but that situation is never going to come up so it just seems pointless to me.

Graviton

No point having a huge stockpile really. If you run out of a resource it means you're actually using it to its fullest potential. Saving something for a rainy day in FoE doesn't really make sense. What do you forsee needing to suddenly use a billion supplies on if you've saved up that much? Or 50,000 goods? I'm sure you can some up with some hypothetical 'well, I could use them for this...' scenario but that situation is never going to come up so it just seems pointless to me.

I get your point but if you run out of a resource, now you've just added an addition resource need: time. Stockpiles are always better IMO, especially for Events, as you can immediately respond to any need rather than having to plan and wait for new resources to be produced.

Eventually it will become a moot point: you will be producing more than you can reasonably spend, so it's going to pile up no matter what you do.

DeletedUser18564

UBQ orgy, multi Era tech sprinting, repeated massive city remodeling. All things I've done in the last year. Maybe I'm unusual.

Should a city dedicate itself to stockpiling Supplies? Not really, a well designed city and active play will generate a surplus of Supplies even without a lot of mundane Supply Buildings.

Maybe I'm the odd one, but I don't find this true. I'm producing roughly 350 forge points per day which takes up nearly all my space, but those buildings don't produce any supplies or very minimal amounts. At least nowhere near enough to do research in the VF. I don't know what buildings you have that can produce a surplus of supplies, but I need to build production buildings to at least stockpile enough for research.

edit: I took a look at your city and I can definitely say that I produced more supplies than you even before building supply buildings. Not meaning to be elitist or anything, but in my experience, it seems like VF really ramps up in supply/coin costs.

Algona

I took a look at your city and I can definitely say that I produced more supplies than you even before building supply buildings. Not meaning to be elitist or anything, but in my experience, it seems like VF really ramps up in supply/coin costs.

You're not being elititst. We started about the same time, but you;re a lot further along then I am.

Which city? Main has half a billion, experimental has 150 M Supplies Neither has mundane Supply production, SBs RQs, GE provide all the Supplies I need inr either. The new IA city? Butchers for supplies and RQs.

I can;t see your city. What is taking up so much room? Before the disaster my main (CE)was at 400 FP per day and I would assume much smaller then yours and I was able to dedicate a quarter of my city to HoFs and WWs.

Kinda curious, I'd think a reasonably leveled CF could produce plenty of Supplies through RQs? GE produces a fair amount, Granted, a quarter Billion Supplies is a lot but with just 5 Mundane Supply Buildings in CE I could produce a half million Supplies a day.

Wasn't that my point to begin with though, that there are reasons to have stockpiles of Supplies?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Well...I had 700 million supplies stockpiled when Mars era came out. I ran out in a week. :) So it is possible to run out even with stockpiles, but they are always better than not having them. The two things you can do to ensure you have supplies is upgrade your chateau Frontenac and your st marks.

DeletedUser18564

I can;t see your city. What is taking up so much room?

No individual building takes a ton of space, but I do dedicate it primarily to producing forge points. My CF is level 53, but I don't actively do recurring quests which probably impacts supply production a bit, at most I do is 2 per day, both at collection time.

Producing roughly 2 million supplies per day between all sources (GE, productions, recurring quests, maybe another I forgot). It probably only costs around a couple million supplies to complete the entire Fall event, but research costs are the main killer of my hoard, supply costs starting from 18 million to 40 million.

I moved up about 2 months ago and ate into about 600 million supplies as I researched to Rocket Troops, left at around 100-200 million, not really sure, but that does gradually go down as you do both the Fall and Summer events because building and selling buildings is not sustainable without producing supplies actively.

Anyway, big tangent, but I definitely agree with your main point. Stockpiles are necessary because events don't produce enough supplies to make up for what you produce.

edit: oh yeah, also, after some time after building a stockpile, I would never hold onto those supply buildings. Definitely would replace them with more fp producing buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatrikon

Looks like I'm going to have a lot of apples left over, and almost as much caramel. The products that need apples and caramel just aren't as useful to my cities. Sure, I'll try to use them up more evenly when I can. But how can I pass up the really good stuff? (Which almost never requires apples or caramel.)

DeletedUser40981

If you are struggling paying out 52k supplies you need to slow down. Stop progressing on the tech tree, optimize your city, and build/level GB.
sorry disagree economics 101 have a nest egg for those things that are important. ROI is ut most the items being offered are not worth the supply cost. sorry I just dont care for the quest need to rethink them for those of us who pride our supply count

Graviton

sorry disagree economics 101 have a nest egg for those things that are important.

Also Economics 101: anticipate your future needs and produce accordingly.

ROI is ut most the items being offered are not worth the supply cost. sorry I just dont care for the quest

That's fine, nothing wrong with deciding that. Value is subjective.

need to rethink them for those of us who pride our supply count

Instead of demanding that the game adjust to you, might I suggest the other way around? As others have said, at a certain point most cities have no problem producing copious supplies, enough to manage these events and quests without blinking. If your city is young that won't be the case, of course, but that situation shouldn't last long, just through regular game play. Then the value to you of the event goodies might change.

RazorbackPirate

sorry disagree economics 101 have a nest egg for those things that are important. ROI is ut most the items being offered are not worth the supply cost. sorry I just dont care for the quest need to rethink them for those of us who pride our supply count
If successfully completing events is important to you, you need to build that into your nest egg. If you feel that a building like the September Cottage is not worth the supplies the quests will cost you. Don't play the event, or stop playing when you hit the supply quest. Regardless, I agree with @UBERhelp1, if the supply cost of the quests is an issue, it's an issue you've created for yourself, it's not the quest.

DeletedUser38432

Another crappy event. I currently have 7 ingredients that I can't use. The next 3 days of announced quest rewards won't help me either. I will have 10 ingredients that I can't "spend" on any of my 3 baked good options. The ONLY chance I can now progress is getting lucky on the daily login bonus or for my luck to change on the daily challenge. THIS EVENT SUCKS! No other event had a BOTTLENECK INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED INTO THE EVENT TO FORCE DIAMOND USAGE!!!