• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Never-ending Halloween Story

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

DeletedUser25252

Time for one of your old favourites for this month's contest. Get your creative juices flowing, folks, as Halloween is just around the corner. Please add a couple of lines to this story, following on from the previous post. I'm looking forward to reading this :)
The contest will close on October 30th. There will be 10 random prizes awarded, of 50 diamonds each, so good luck!

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose, and smiled sadly at her cat, who was miaowing piteously in front of the fire.
"I know, Lucifer - I'm hungry too. But we never seem to get visitors any more!"
She crossed the room to the cupboard to look inside, and sighed to see only a few bones and a pile of crumbs.
Just then, there was a knock at the door of the cottage....

*The rules may change at any given time

Last edited by a moderator:

Jern2017

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose, and smiled sadly at her cat, who was miaowing piteously in front of the fire.
She crossed the room to the cupboard to look inside, and sighed to see only a few bones and a pile of crumbs.
Just then, there was a knock at the door of the cottage. Lucifer jumped up and hissed, arching his back.

Godly Luke

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose and smiled sadly at her cat, who was miaowing piteously in front of the fire.
She crossed the room to the cupboard to look inside and sighed to see only a few bones and a pile of crumbs.
Just then, there was a knock at the door of the cottage.....

Ahhhhhh. Fresh meat! The old witch bumbled over and cracked the door ajar. There, not 2 feet away, a cloaked figure, holding a bloody scythe. It stepped through the door and grabbed Lucifer. The witch then bowed and cackled for the remainder of the night.

Lannister the Rich

...it was her grandson who finally returned from the grocery store.
“Billy?! Where have you been? It’s been weeks!”
“Sorry, mammaw, I was looking for the newts’ eyes, but none of the stores had them.”
“That’s alright, we can check the backyard again. Did you get the ham? I just need one more bone to make the broth. Come in! Sit down. Let’s chat, it’s just been me and Lucifer. I feel like I’m going crazy.”
So, the witch made some lunch, and they sat in the main room and talked for a while until it was time for Billy to go home.

Finally, Billy said, “Mammaw, I’ve been meaning to tell you...”
But before he could say anything, Lucifer got spooked by something and ran out the door. Billy ran to chase him down, but he lost the cat.
“He’ll come back; he knows who feeds him.”, said the Witch. “Now, what was it you wanted to tell me?”
“Oh, it was nothing. I’ll call you tomorrow, sound good?”
“That sounds wonderful.”
And as Billy drove away, the witch said to herself, “Such a nice boy.”

Sadly, Lucifer never returned. And Billy, the beloved grandson, never called. And the Witch, realizing she’s now more alone than ever, turned over in her bed and cried.

Jern2017

I understand this is a "never-ending story" and that every poster is suppposed to post a couple of lines and the next person posting continues the story.

DeletedUser25252

I understand this is a "never-ending story" and that every poster is suppposed to post a couple of lines and the next person posting continues the story.

Correct :)

UBERhelp1

“Sorry, mammaw, I was looking for the newts’ eyes, but none of the stores had them.”
“That’s alright, we can check the backyard again. Did you get the ham? I just need one more bone to make the broth. Come in! Sit down. Let’s chat, it’s just been me and Lucifer. I feel like I’m going crazy.”
So, the witch made some lunch, and they sat in the main room and talked for a while until it was time for Billy to go home.

But before he could say anything, Lucifer got spooked by something and ran out the door. Billy ran to chase him down, but he lost the cat.
“He’ll come back; he knows who feeds him.”, said the Witch. “Now, what was it you wanted to tell me?”
“That sounds wonderful.”

Sadly, Lucifer never returned. And Billy, the beloved grandson, never called. And the Witch, realizing she’s now more alone than ever, turned over in her bed and cried.

However, little did the Witch know that her cell service had died and she had accidentally locked the doggy door (cat door?). Her poor cat had been clawing at the door, but the Witch couldn't hear it because of her weeping. Her cat stayed out for so long that it froze solid and never thawed, making any visitors question why the weird lady had a realistic cat statue. The witch turned her attention to her FoE account. She immediately brought up the Cultural Settlements Guide to help her get through the settlements with ease. In doing so, she had an amazing time and got addicted to the game. The only thing that made her stop was when she noticed a sale where the game, for 999999 diamonds, was selling something. She looked closer to read the text on the small screen. She said aloud what she saw.

barra370804

“That sounds wonderful.”

However, little did the Witch know that her cell service had died and she had accidentally locked the doggy door (cat door?). Her poor cat had been clawing at the door, but the Witch couldn't hear it because of her weeping. Her cat stayed out for so long that it froze solid and never thawed, making any visitors question why the weird lady had a realistic cat statue. The witch turned her attention to her FoE account. She immediately brought up the Cultural Settlements Guide to help her get through the settlements with ease. In doing so, she had an amazing time and got addicted to the game. The only thing that made her stop was when she noticed a sale where the game, for 999999 diamonds, was selling something. She looked closer to read the text on the small screen. She said aloud what she saw:

"120 medals! AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MEDALS!!!"

The witch, being the evil witch she was, grabbed one of her many fake credit cards, and sealed the deal.

Emberguard

The story thus far
Lucifer jumped up and hissed, arching his back.
Ahhhhhh. Fresh meat! The old witch bumbled over and cracked the door ajar. There, not 2 feet away, a cloaked figure, holding a bloody scythe. It stepped through the door and grabbed Lucifer. The witch then bowed and cackled for the remainder of the night.

“That sounds wonderful.”

However, little did the Witch know that her cell service had died and she had accidentally locked the doggy door (cat door?). Her poor cat had been clawing at the door, but the Witch couldn't hear it because of her weeping. Her cat stayed out for so long that it froze solid and never thawed, making any visitors question why the weird lady had a realistic cat statue. The witch turned her attention to her FoE account. She immediately brought up the Cultural Settlements Guide to help her get through the settlements with ease. In doing so, she had an amazing time and got addicted to the game. The only thing that made her stop was when she noticed a sale where the game, for 999999 diamonds, was selling something. She looked closer to read the text on the small screen. She said aloud what she saw.
"120 medals! AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MEDALS!!!"

The witch, being the evil witch she was, grabbed one of her many fake credit cards, and sealed the deal.
lol, I don't think anyone understood how to do this properly. It's a shame, this could have been fun.

DeletedUser

Later that night, the wicked witch brought in her deceased cat. It seemed a proper ghastly notion, to make the animal a statue but she came back to reality, the loss of a house member. She admired the carcass, thinking about the non-complaining feline, no matter the plight.

As she was getting the screen going for the diamond hack a disembodied hand sprung upon her tree stump desk and gently gripped her wrist. The hand took over custody of the laptop and started typing the wicked witches information in a form.

The witch roared, "for the life of me, the moldy potatoes in the collapsed pantry have more enjoyment!"

"Huh?"

She noticed a notification and checked her inbox. She was a winner of a small prize. The notification was like a happy pill. Like great sorcery, her heart was filled with ease. A happiness overcame her like the holy feeling of a direct deposit on a given date. The toughened hand was on to something.

spnnr

Later that night, the wicked witch brought in her deceased cat. It seemed a proper ghastly notion, to make the animal a statue but she came back to reality, the loss of a house member. She admired the carcass, thinking about the non-complaining feline, no matter the plight.

As she was getting the screen going for the diamond hack a disembodied hand sprung upon her tree stump desk and gently gripped her wrist. The hand took over custody of the laptop and started typing the wicked witches information in a form.

The witch roared, "for the life of me, the moldy potatoes in the collapsed pantry have more enjoyment!"

"Huh?"

She noticed a notification and checked her inbox. She was a winner of a small prize. The notification was like a happy pill. Like great sorcery, her heart was filled with ease. A happiness overcame her like the holy feeling of a direct deposit on a given date. The toughened hand was on to something.

Then her heart sank as she read the details of the email. She needed to send her banking details to free a Nigerian Prince's fortune
which was being held hostage by a corrupt government. It was quite tempting an offer ..so tempting that ...

DeletedUser30791

she hopped on her broom and flew to the nearest bank not realizing banks are closed in the middle of the night. What's this? A person in a car getting money from a machine. That gave her an idea.

DeletedUser

She knew of an ATM in Florida dispensing gold bars, at the entrance to the Grunt Resort. Astride her broomstick again, she raced to Tallahassee while mumbling an incantation to change her familiar (a sloth ... she had apprenticed to a very droll mage) into a Bankers Cheque from 1st Specter’s Trust of the Virgin Islands.

– Rigor in studies did not mark her apprenticeship, hence the sloth as a parting gift. Said minion was a payment by the devil for betting that his blazingly fast ghoul could beat the Mage’s zombie at Frisbee golf. Alas, the zombie commenced by eating the ghoul, and so the sly mage won by default. –

She arrived as dusk descended. Sprinting into the lobby, with her sloth now a certified check enclosed in a mossy-green envelope, she startled the 3 scarecrows and miniature gnome who were, rather unskillfully, robbing the venerable institution.

DeletedUser39681

The wicked witch scratched the huge wart on the end of her nose, and smiled sadly at her cat, who was meowing piteously in front of the fire.

It was the wicked witches goody too shoes sister Angelina and her cat sunshine. Both cats hissed at first but then calmed down because not only did Angelina gave her cat some catnip ,she tossed some to Lucifer also. Both cats purred with delight.

Suddenly Angelina said to the wicked witch. " I know Lynn you don't like it when I pop in but something tells me you are need of my help." I don't need nothing from you" she said. "Well, I think so ", as Angelina looked around. "You're in great need of spices and so on for your spells. I see you have left yourself, low on spices , bat toes and frog legs again. " Angelina smirks at her wicked witch sister. "Listen Lynn, don't be so stupid. I brought you some goods, but these are only to be used for good things. Food, for yourself. Maybe clean up spells to put your broomstick to work".

WW Lynn said, "Stop telling me what to do, You know I like my cottage the live in look. Far as food I can manage." Angelina said, "Vary well, you'll never change. Well, common sunshine, lets go. Oh see ya again you old wicked witch you", she giggled. and winked "Love ya" ; And in an instant poof, Angelina and her cat left in a puff of light gold dust.

WW Lynn, looked at her cottage, it was now cleaned and tidy ,with a her fridge full of food. Cat food filled her cupboards , and spices and galor of things that could only be used for good spells. Feast of her favorite delights on her table, now polished with candles of gold . With a placement for one and a note.

The note said, "Never think that you cant count on me, when you need me sis. Whether or not you like it. Your family." Soon as she read the note, it changed into silver clutters of spider and bugs shells. They covered all over her . She looked into her once favorite mirror black with cobwebs ,now pink framed with red rose petals, and saw herself in a gown of gold and sliver . Her hair up do. She looked the image of a princess,we know called Cinderella. One of the horror tales that her mother told to her as a child.

The wicked witch screamed a scream that shattered the mirror. The cat hunched its back and ran threw the cottage in fear. The wicked witch tried to get the gown off, but a new one appeared. Witch screamed, "Ill, get you back, Angel. You wait and see".

A sound of laughter filled the cottage. But no Angelina appeared.

DeletedUser38027

To calm herself down the wicked witch made a pot of assuage brew made up of ground dried Hawthorn, Kava Kava root, Rhodiola & of course Newt lips and an eye of a toad. This brew when drank from the skull of a rat could rid one of illusions and bring them back to reality.

So the wicked witch drank the brew and as the calming relaxing properties took their effects and started to clear her mind she .... remembered! The Wicked witch remembered that when Lucifer jumped up and hissed, arching his back, he tipped over some of her potions that when mixed together created a putrid smelling hallucinogenic smoke causing her to become delirious with all reality escaping from her, putting her in that awful altered state. The last thing remembered? "Who was knocking on my door" she murmured. She opened the door and nobody was there, she had missed that long awaited visitor. As she sadly paced across the room thinking about what had happened, a clever look came over her face as she looked over at Lucifer and said, "I can fix this I will try - that guest will stay and won't say bye."

So the witch thumbed through her most sacred of spell books and found that spell. She place Lucifer far away from potions and started to chant, "Fly like a Bat or a Soaring Dart and take me back to this Story's Start!".....

⚡️"POOF"⚡

Lucifer jumped up and hissed, arching his back.

DeletedUser40559

The wicked witch then opened the door to find a Scarecrow, Lion and a Tin Man.
Whoa, what do we have here said the witch.
The Scarecrow said, good morning my lady we sorry to bother you this morning but we seem to have misplaced our little girl Dorothy and her dog and wondered if she might be in your oven?
The witch slyly said, won't you please come in while I have a look?

DeletedUser41825

The three weary travelers made their way into the witches shack. The cowardly lion held close to his companions, the tin man felt heartbreak at how lonely which must be, but the wise scarecrow realize the invitation had been given with alterior motives.