• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Understanding Why You are Attacked and Plundered and What to Do About It

DeletedUser40495

If someone pays 1100 diamonds (11$) to complete a building to produce an item for the game and then someone comes along and takes it then it's theft.
You paid for the building, you got it. If someone outplays you and plunders that building you too bad - it’s part of the game.

You need to stop whining about this dude, it’s completely fair and part of the game. An IMAGINARY game!!! Not real life. Nobody is stealing from you.

And if you don’t want to be plundered just collect your damn stuff on time. Geez it’s not that hard. If you set an 8 hour production just pull out your phone or hop on your computer 8 hours later to pick it up. If you leave your stuff lying around it’s bound to be taken.

Graviton

If someone pays 1100 diamonds (11$) to complete a building to produce an item for the game and then someone comes along and takes it then it's theft.

Yes, it's theft. It's also a legitimate part of the game. That's one of the things you have to learn to deal with (and perhaps participate in!). In your specific context, all you need to do is build more of whatever was stolen, and make sure you can collect it when it's finished, before somebody gets a chance to steal it.

DevaCat

Not much to add to what's already been said, except to say that the game is perfectly playable without a "boost" being bought in the beginning. I've played a bit over a year now and have never been "pestered" to buy anything, and in fact haven't spent anything as I haven't felt it to be necessary.

Now, I am happy that there are players who do want to spend real bucks to get ahead ... They make it possible for me to play this great game. I just have to wonder: why would anyone spend real money on a game before understanding how that game works?

Do some searches on the forum, esp about "plunder". There's a lot of good info here, but complaints don't get you far.

Emberguard

If someone pays 1100 diamonds (11$) to complete a building to produce an item for the game and then someone comes along and takes it then it's theft. If Innogames made it so that the game is playable without a boost in the beginning and not pester you to spend real money on the game then no it would not be theft. To allow someone many levels above someone else to clear out a building a day and also to invite all there friends to do it as well doesn' sound like a game to me.
You bought the building not the production. You didn’t buy a win button or protection from other players - you only bought an advantage in the form of better equipment. If buying preventing others from interacting beyond the already established rules then you would also be paying to exclude others from being able to play

It’s not theft to plunder because you don’t own the game. What you have is permission to play and a degree of ownership to the account providing you follow the rules of the game. Now if someone hacks your account or a purchase is not honoured within the limits of the agreement then that would be theft because it’d be touching something that actually belongs to you not just something you’ve got access to

Last edited:

Emberguard

in regards to attacking buildings being a psychological deterrent- I don’t see how. It doesn’t change the outcome of plundering and I couldn’t care less if you attack back. Even if nothing were motivated and I didn’t have event buildings the plunderer is already so limited by the one thing per 24 hrs that retaliation can barely even touch me

DeletedUser30312

Well, if you've got big attack buildings in your city, some would be plunderers might get scared off by that, especially if they're small time plunderers who can't come close to matching your power. It might also matter more in an age like say HMA where you might be rocking a city worth 5 million points and your attack buildings are well into the double digits while some other players are really only just getting started.

Will big attack buildings scare me? Not really, especially if I can pound the other city right back. But every little trick here and there to keep the plunderers away helps.

DeletedUser40061

i have been lucky -so far..all my attackers are now allies. a few even went above and beyond call of duty as to apologise for attacking me. i wish for this to be an ongoing trend. the majority of them just wanted some coins, goods.

DeletedUser36699

After over 15,000 battles won in this game, from GE to GVG to raids (perhaps 1/3 from raids), I know a few things now to pass along. Never ever defend your city with two spearfighters or some similar foolish lineup. Most raiders see this as a player not even trying and it makes them want to attack even more. This is true. Put your best defense up that you have, always. Even if you know it has no chance to win. Raiders hate taking damage on raids...even worse some losses.

Secondly, as stated above, there is one full proof defensive method...collect on time every time. If your city never has any items to raid, this often deters the attacker eventually and causes them to skip over you. Plus there is no loss for you at all if they collect nothing, your troops regenerate automatically, so no harm if you have collected.

Lastly, this is a game built to accommodate many playing styles, including raiding. There are GB’s and quests which reward raiders in this game. Perhaps that is not your style, but it is the game style of some and their style is no better or worse than your own, it’s just different. Understand this and accept it, do not send nasty messages to someone who has raided you, it will only make matters worse in most cases. Learn to play the game such that you realize all of the playing styles and understand you will encounter them all throughout your game time. Never take it personal, it’s just a game. When someone gets mad at a raider for attacking and plundering they are really mad that the game has this feature built into it. As long as it is a part of the game, there will be raiders just like there are farmers etc.. Collect on time and pay no attention to it if it bothers you. This game was built and designed for all types of players and you choose yourself whether to be an able farmer, attacker or both.

- KQ -

i have been lucky -so far..all my attackers are now allies. a few even went above and beyond call of duty as to apologise for attacking me. i wish for this to be an ongoing trend. the majority of them just wanted some coins, goods.

In my main city I only attack and plunder those neighbors that don't aid me. It serves a couple of purposes. First, they'll start aiding me or even better send me a friend request. Second, it's how I get my previous generation goods.

I aid daily, so I make a pretty good friend. I also make a reliably "bad neighbor". It's in all in my profile. My choice would be for people to aid me.

Jern2017

That's just silly. It's a game, why would they apologize for attacking you? I don't wish for this to be an ongoing trend, it would make for some incredibly boring neighborhoods.

DeletedUser36572

In my main city I only attack and plunder those neighbors that don't aid me. It serves a couple of purposes. First, they'll start aiding me or even better send me a friend request. Second, it's how I get my previous generation goods.

I aid daily, so I make a pretty good friend. I also make a reliably "bad neighbor". It's in all in my profile. My choice would be for people to aid me.

I have found that better friends and more dedicated aid and tavern sitters ... Are those friends you make after counterattacks and the shared knowledge the other player is willing to “go the distance”.

A player that attacks/counterattacks is playing the game, not avoiding it ... And often provides for a more beneficial addition to your friends list.

- KQ -

I have found that better friends and more dedicated aid and tavern sitters ... Are those friends you make after counterattacks and the shared knowledge the other player is willing to “go the distance”.

A player that attacks/counterattacks is playing the game, not avoiding it ... And often provides for a more beneficial addition to your friends list.

I totally agree. I've had people friend me and not aid. They've also been unfriended and attacked and plundered repeatedly. I rarely grant a second chance.

DeletedUser27287

That's great if you have invited available! That went the way of the dodo for me awhile ago! Lol

DeletedUser27287

Trying to help myself and newer guild mates, here. I've worked to boost my defense up to 1049/34% but still get hit - though certainly not as often! What do you think is the best strategy to protect? I learned early not to have rogues in the defending army. All tanks? Combination?

DeletedUser

Trying to help myself and newer guild mates, here. I've worked to boost my defense up to 1049/34% but still get hit - though certainly not as often! What do you think is the best strategy to protect? I learned early not to have rogues in the defending army. All tanks? Combination?
The honest truth is that no matter how high your defense stats, you will still get beat occasionally. The best troops to use are different for each age from my experience. In Contemporary Era Champions seem to work best against most attackers. In many ages a combination works well. A good practice is to change the unit types in your defense army frequently if you are being targeted by someone, so they won't know exactly what attacking units to use.