• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How does one get a Ruler carried on a Litter in their city?

DeletedUser

Saw this in a Bronze Age city. Was it a reward from a past event, or is it connected to some player statisticBronze_age_litter_Chair1.jpg ?

DeletedUser

That's Cleopatra. She will appear in your city when you have an Obelisk Garden placed in your city. The Obelisk was originally offered as the main prize in the Cleo historical questline. Now it is offered in the Antiques Dealer.
Thanks for the info! Something to look out for at the AD.....

RazorbackPirate

On a related note. The Royal Marble Gateway will give you Napoleon riding a white horse, the Menagerie, Pocahontas skipping around surrounded by animals, the Botanical Rotunda, Ghengis Khan on a grey horse, and the Magnum Opus, Vincent Van Gogh walking around with a canvas under his arm.

These special residents are one of the biggest things I miss about the historical quest lines. The other is the random rewards they gave for completing the quests, boosted by Chateau Frontenac. I'd like to see both make a return in a future event.

DeletedUser

These special residents are one of the biggest things I miss about the historical quest lines. The other is the random rewards they gave for completing the quests, boosted by Chateau Frontenac. I'd like to see both make a return in a future event.

Yeah, I agree. I started just after the historical quests ended. Wish they would start them up again.
The cool little extras you listed would be nice to have roaming around in the city.

Emberguard

Just a side note, why is no one discussing that BA city? It's advanced pretty far. (I mean, I have seen some with arcs, but that's another story)
Before PvP was moved to Iron Age it wasn't quite so unusual to see that sort of thing. Sure you still would need to obtain goods and BPs but without PvP you can pretty much say goodbye to more then one or two fully completed event questlines.

What you could do to save on diamonds is get a BP for something higher aged (through aiding) and buy the goods from one of the slots. Then trade downwards to an age where you want the goods. In theory having the DT first would be great for trading down towards lower ages but would have to do a bit of math to see if it'd truly be worth getting a DT given the rate that it'd provide goods is limited when it's your /only/ source from a building in your city.

1 (SAM)
2 (VF)
4 (OF)
8 (AF)
16 (FE)
32 (TE)
64 (ConE)
128 (PME)
256 (ME)
512 (PE)
1,024 (InA)
2,048 (ColA)
4,096 (LMA)
8,192 (HMA)
16,384 (EMA)
32,768 (IrA)
65,536 (BrA)

DreadfulCadillac

Before PvP was moved to Iron Age it wasn't quite so unusual to see that sort of thing. Sure you still would need to obtain goods and BPs but without PvP you can pretty much say goodbye to more then one or two fully completed event questlines.

What you could do to save on diamonds is get a BP for something higher aged (through aiding) and buy the goods from one of the slots. Then trade downwards to an age where you want the goods. In theory having the DT first would be great for trading down towards lower ages but would have to do a bit of math to see if it'd truly be worth getting a DT given the rate that it'd provide goods is limited when it's your /only/ source from a building in your city.

1 (SAM)
2 (VF)
4 (OF)
8 (AF)
16 (FE)
32 (TE)
64 (ConE)
128 (PME)
256 (ME)
512 (PE)
1,024 (InA)
2,048 (ColA)
4,096 (LMA)
8,192 (HMA)
16,384 (EMA)
32,768 (IrA)
65,536 (BrA)
thats what we call
PROFIT TRADING!tm

CherryButterfly

As an Ancestry-nerd, would be cool if you could link your Ancestry account, and if you were, say, related to Sacajawea, Or Cleopatra, or Henry VIII, or Ghenghis Khan, Einstein, George Washington or Whoever, you could get Army, Research, Medal or whatever benefits! That's not a serious proposal, just a thought! haha

CherryButterfly

I'm happy I saw this, I had seen the white horse riding around another city, thought it might be Defensive Troop of some kind...
Nice to have little things to look for, makes the game more interesting, I think... :)

Jern2017

Inno should change the programming and allow us to keep those
historical characters if we decide to delete the building they're linked to.

Nope, they're a part of the reward and as you said, linked to the building which is the main reward.