• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Flash game version gone?!

• Thread starter DeletedUser34480
  • Start date

DeletedUser34480

It used to give an option at loading time, to choose a Flash version.
HTML version is so slow, it's unbearable! It's like playing on a dial-up Internet.

UBERhelp1

It used to give an option at loading time, to choose a Flash version.
HTML version is so slow, it's unbearable! It's like playing on a dial-up Internet.
The HTML5 has a transition period where it will be slower. It will get better in bit. Everyone switching has to go through it.

DeletedUser34480

The HTML5 has a transition period where it will be slower. It will get better in bit. Everyone switching has to go through it.
I've been using it for two days now.
I was trying to use it for couple days when it was introduced here, with the same ugly result.

DeletedUser34480

What browser are you using?
Chrome. But, I don't care much... even though I would rather stay away from IE.

I just hope that Inno didn't turn Flash version off.
There would be another browsers, supporting Flash if Chrome does stop supporting it.

RazorbackPirate

I had nothing but problems with Chrome. I finally switched to Brave and foE now runs great. I can only think it's all the crap Chrome runs in the background to track what you do on the internet. Brave doesn't track you so no crap running in the background. Brave might be worth a try.

BTW - If you do switch, you'll have to shut down Chrome and reboot your computer to clear their trackers.

DeletedUser

There would be another browsers, supporting Flash if Chrome does stop supporting it.
It's not whether Chrome or any other browser supports it, the game will eventually not support it. I use Firefox and have no problems.

Emberguard

Chrome was the first browser to stop having flash activated as a default setting. It’s not the game that stopped supporting flash it’s the browser.

That being said flash is scheduled to die by the owner of flash sometime in the near future

DeletedUser8428

It isn't your browser - Adobe is discontinuing Flash so all browsers will stop using it.

time4coffee

Flash has been going for a long time. Most sites have long replaced it HTML5 a long time ago. I use Chrome and the game plays great for me. I've had Flash disabled and since then so far I have only had one site ask to use it and that was the FoE city planning site. Which I couldn't use because it left blank spaces for many building I guess it just didnt recognize

RazorbackPirate

Flash has been going for a long time. Most sites have long replaced it HTML5 a long time ago. I use Chrome and the game plays great for me. I've had Flash disabled and since then so far I have only had one site ask to use it and that was the FoE city planning site. Which I couldn't use because it left blank spaces for many building I guess it just didnt recognize
I had stopped using City Planner for the same reason. It now has all the buildings up through Soccer Cup. The developer says that the latest event buildings are coming soon, he's been a bit backed up. CP 2.0 is under development, I expect that to be HTML5 based as well.

qaccy

Flash is still around, but I haven't used it at all since HTML5 was released. It has a few of its own growing pains that are different from Flash, but overall since this is the version we're going to all be using whether we like it or not once Flash is officially discontinued, it'd be better to get used to it or figure out how to make it work before that time comes.\

That being said, can't wait to hear all the complaints about how Inno's ruined the game for them once the Flash version is fully removed and they're mystified as to why.

DeletedUser34480

Yes, I know Flash is scheduled to cease, Chrome reminds about that every time I'm opening a browser :)
But, it's more than a year away, so I didn't expect such a rush here...

Anyhow, I'm trying FireFox for 3 days now. Works almost flawlessly! It froze on my couple times, but I'm fine with such ratio.
It's robust work came as surprise: I've tried it when game designers turned the Flash off for the first time (I believe, about half a year ago) -- and FireFox w/HTML5 didn't help at all.

WendyEJ

On my settings page I have no option to choose between html of Flash

How can I fix that or can I

My game is played totally in Flash

What am I missing ??