• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Deleted

DeletedUser38037

I can sort of get that you should not be able to take personal command of the defenders, even if you happen to be online when a surprise attacker hits your town. But is there any way to set up standing orders? For example, "If there are more than two rogues among the invaders, move them to the BOTTOM of the priority list." I am sick and tired of fights where, if I could have focused on the one lone grenadier attacker first, I could mop up the rest of the seven rogues with my drummer boy!

Billofnky

I believe in the "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" approach. Some mateys like to take the peaceful approach. But if you attack and plunder neighbors every chance you get, when they do the same to you, you shouldn't get upset.

First of all, don't take it to heart like I used to when I first started playin’ Forge of Empires. I would jump outta me chair, rant and rave, and wish I could lock ‘em up in a cave. Then I realized that is so lame, after all this is just a game. But before givin’ up cause you’ve had enough, thar’s ways to stop a plunderer from takin’ your stuff.

Make ‘em frustrated by collectin’ yer supplies on time. This way they won’t get a dime.
If they’re attackin’ yer city just fer points, don’t get tense.
Use the tried and tested brave spearfighter defense.
Let ‘em know they have a GB (hope it’s a traz) you’d like to donate fps to.
Then send out a friend’s request which is always a nice thing to do.
When they accept yer friend’s request, you’ll finally be able to rest.
Yer friendship may yield you a traz all shiny and new, givin’ you troops that arr loyal too.​
good advice

DeletedUser36572

If you aid the attacker’s city or donate to one of their Great Buildings ...

DO NOT ASSUME YOU ARE IMPORTANT
ENOUGH THAT THEY EVEN NOTICE ... !!!!

You should be proactive defending your city, and if you message an attacker, think hard, use humor, and see if there is anything you can do to stop attacks.

DON’T PLAY THE HELPLESS VICTIM CARD

We are Forging Empires here, not making daisy chains ... :D

DeletedUser40061

ive had my share of being pounced numbering in the hundreds. it took me awhile to realize -as everyone told me, its just a game. i was taking it too personal. i have on numerous occassions sent message to the person to "reason" with them. some have accepted friendship, while others silenced me by ignoring my messages. but luckily ive not been pounced on no more than 2 times by same person. and as of recently, many pounced for quest points which i dont mind. once youve unlocked military tactics, all hell breaks loose..but thats the way it goes if you want to advance through the ages. i try study attacker's units..most of the units are made up of rogues. like 6 rogues and 2 other strong units. others have resorted to using a mix of trebs and cats. live and learn

DeletedUser27287

I've worked hard to increase my defense boost. I'm in Future with defense boosted at 1049% /34% and still getting picked off. How high do I need to go to shield myself? Is there a best combination for the defending army? I've got 2 rail guns, 2 hover tanks, 3 drive swarms and a champion. I'm also trying to gather info to help my guild mates put good defense strategies together! Thanks!

Emberguard

@Lark of the Clans im not sure how high as defence without attack can only go so far.

Do you have a AO? That should activate in defence. Also the next event has something that’ll help you (check it out on Beta if you don’t want to wait)

DeletedUser40884

I donate FPs to a plunderer's GB only in that I like to flip their GB with 1 fp just to piss them off. Especially those GBs they're going to collect on. There's a good chance they won't have collected yet, so I blow their chance to double dip

WinnerGR

The attacker always has the advantage because we humans use our brains to figure out strategy. Our defendin' armies arrr at the mercy of A.I. Let's hope all the devices in our world bein' controlled by A.I. arrr better programmed.
A.I.
I will never ever trust it any more than 70% of the time

WinnerGR

I agree. Maybe the game devs should play a game of chess to help them learn strategy so they can program the A.I. better. Oh no, what am I sayin! Then battles will be a lot tougher for us, as the attacker, to win.
Or give the defending army an attack boost .

Agent327

@Agent327 There was no need to be sarcastic. Maybe WinnerGR did not know our defensive armies also get an attack & defense boost from GBs and event buildings. My friends used to not want to stop by the forum to post comments because of some players mean replies. Until I reminded them of the "Ignore" button.

If he didn't know, wouldn't it be wise not to react?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustapha00

I've worked hard to increase my defense boost. I'm in Future with defense boosted at 1049% /34% and still getting picked off. How high do I need to go to shield myself? Is there a best combination for the defending army? I've got 2 rail guns, 2 hover tanks, 3 drive swarms and a champion. I'm also trying to gather info to help my guild mates put good defense strategies together! Thanks!

Yes, I'm casting Raise Dead on a deceased thread because this particular post says a great deal- none of it good- about the balance- or lack of such- in the game regarding player attacks.

Simply put, there should be absolute no way that an attacker should be able to defeat a 1000% plus City Defense on a consistent basis without employing some serious strategery.

And no, using 1 Real Unit plus 7 Rogues isn't "strategery". You can tell yourself that it is, but you can also call a cow a horse; it don't make it so.

I'll grant that the poster could be using a better mix of defensive units. But having a Defensive boost that is likely 500% higher than the attacker's Offensive boost should make up for any mistakes on the part of the poster.

I suspect that a contributing factor is the lack of Offensive boost for the poster's Defending Army. I've seen quite a few reports of players with outstanding Defensive boosts but not much in the way of an ATT boost for their defensive army. I know mine is somewhere around 45%/540%, which is clearly not enough, because even the Defensive boost for their Attacking armies is approaching 200%. It is easier to the point of being ridiculously easy to raise boosts for Attackers than it is for Defenders. There's no question that Inno is quite aware of this shortcoming (my opinion), but it seems not to be an issue they see any need to address.

Graviton

Good grief, how often do you get attacked anyway? I have seven cities and it's extremely rare that any of them are attacked even once a day. There have been unusually aggressive neighborhoods where one or two have been attacked twice a day, but that's happened a handful of times in 4+ years.

I'm sure Inno sees nothing to address because people like to win when they attack, and losing a defensive battle costs you exactly nothing.