• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser36378

It does not.
Has this been discussed in Beta? If so, what are the reasons for not factoring Support Pool into this new feature?
I know GvG will be continued as is, so I am aware it has a function for that.
It would be nice to have some use for that capability for those of us who do not like the present GvG system.

DeletedUser29726

It has been discussed on beta. The short of it is that there's not really any 'meaning' for it inside GBGs. No obvious way to make it fit in.

vickson

will the pool of guilds that are matched together all be from the same server? or is it like guild expedition where you will also be matched with guilds from different servers.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Oh dear god, what a mess the initial match-ups will be.

Considering how much of an issue that has been on Beta, why didn't they just start everyone in Gold or Copper on an equal footing and let things work themselves out? Now we are going to be hearing complaint after complaint about how unfair it is that X guild got promoted even though we have defeated them every round so far, and they get more rewards, more prestige for their guild giving them a higher ranking, etc, etc.

And that unfairness (whether real or perceived) makes people frustrated and not want to play. Why put up artificial impediments that can otherwise be avoided? Do the devs really want players to become discouraged and not play, making this no better than GvG?

It's been 50 days on Beta, and the guild leagues aren't even close to sorting themselves out. How many months of this are we going to have to put up with and listen to?

Also, I hope that the devs make the live version not show that a guild has won rewards if the guild didn't qualify to receive rewards. That is going to flood the forums for a long time as well if they didn't, as players complain that it isn't fair that a guild got almost as much reward as they did for doing nothing (while not realizing that the guild that did nothing got nothing).

As an aside, it would be nice to see the number of advances needed for a guild to qualify for rewards be added to that section of the FAQ (40 I believe it is now).

If not, I guess Agent will have himself a lot of fun...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37581

why didn't they just start everyone in Gold or Copper
Because that wouldn't stop the complaints at all. There would still be unequal matchups for several seasons. And it would take even longer to get the leagues sorted out, so the complaints would last for even longer.

DeletedUser29726

Because that wouldn't stop the complaints at all. There would still be unequal matchups for several seasons. And it would take even longer to get the leagues sorted out, so the complaints would last for even longer.

But it would at least be true that 'everyone got what their results dictated'. As opposed to some people getting extra because of activity in other features in the weeks before. The complaints would mostly be restricted to mismatches rather than guilds getting free stuff.

DeletedUser30312

So you need Military Tactics for this, eh? That should make things interesting for all those guys camping in IA without it opened so they can avoid PvP. How is the game counting pre-PVP players with this feature? Are they ignored or do they count for the guild's membership total? If the latter, I can see guilds rejecting players who can't participate. Honestly, Inno should have just gone for EMA here instead of dropping it at the end of IA.

DeletedUser37581

So you need Military Tactics for this, eh? That should make things interesting for all those guys camping in IA without it opened so they can avoid PvP. How is the game counting pre-PVP players with this feature? Are they ignored or do they count for the guild's membership total? If the latter, I can see guilds rejecting players who can't participate. Honestly, Inno should have just gone for EMA here instead of dropping it at the end of IA.
Number of members in a guild is not relevant for Battlegrounds, other than if there are more members participating, it makes it easier to win.

UBERhelp1

Oh dear god, what a mess the initial match-ups will be.

Considering how much of an issue that has been on Beta, why didn't they just start everyone in Gold or Copper on an equal footing and let things work themselves out? Now we are going to be hearing complaint after complaint about how unfair it is that X guild got promoted even though we have defeated them every round so far, and they get more rewards, more prestige for their guild giving them a higher ranking, etc, etc.

And that unfairness (whether real or perceived) makes people frustrated and not want to play. Why put up artificial impediments that can otherwise be avoided? Do the devs really want players to become discouraged and not play, making this no better than GvG?

It's been 50 days on Beta, and the guild leagues aren't even close to sorting themselves out. How many months of this are we going to have to put up with and listen to?

Also, I hope that the devs make the live version not show that a guild has won rewards if the guild didn't qualify to receive rewards. That is going to flood the forums for a long time as well if they didn't, as players complain that it isn't fair that a guild got almost as much reward as they did for doing nothing (while not realizing that the guild that did nothing got nothing).

As an aside, it would be nice to see the number of advances needed for a guild to qualify for rewards be added to that section of the FAQ (40 I believe it is now).

If not, I guess Agent will have himself a lot of fun...
I believe I read somewhere it takes about 4 months or more for leagues to be fully sorted.

DeletedUser34582

I see a problem with this - in resources.
Regarding the goods, that is no problem for higher age players. Anything above FE cannot be used for GvG anyway. Same with the treasury. The type of goods needed for the battlegrounds buildings is based on the highest members of the guild (if I understand it correctly) There is no other use for AF, OF, VF, and SAM goods anyway.
What is a problem is the cost of the game's most valuable resource - time.
People playing in more worlds will need to drop some of them. Some people playing in only one world will leave the game when they run out of the time.
Inno was supposed to balance this by reducing the time cost of other game features, such as adding "aid all" and "visit all taverns" functions or user-defined number of fps to add to a Great Building. Do the developers think that is is entertaining to click 4000 fps in by the steps of 10? That is 400 clicks!
This is the same mistake the developers keep doing. Adding new, time-consuming features without reducing the time consumption of the old ones at the same time. (They used to do that a couple of years ago, by simplifying the aid and taverns, but not anymore, why?) Saying that the new features are only optional in an invalid argument because (some of) the competitors would use those for sure. Adding new game features without balancing the time requirements cost you customers. It costs you money, don't you see it?

DeletedUser37581

The type of goods needed for the battlegrounds buildings is based on the highest members of the guild
The ages of goods required for buildings in Battlegrounds is based on the ages of members in the guild. If a guild has only members in AF and LMA, then only goods from AF and LMA will be required.
Do the developers think that is is entertaining to click 4000 fps in by the steps of 10? That is 400 clicks!
It would appear that you haven't read the announcement for the next update.
We've introduced an amount selection in the Great Buildings donation tab. Now you can quickly choose the exact amount of Forge Points to donate.

DeletedUser37581

This is going to sound really dumb and maybe off topic but what are MMR points?
Initially, all guilds are assigned a Match-Making Rating (MMR) which is calculated from guild size, GE activity, and GvG activity. This MMR is likely only dependent on current guild size, the previous week's GE activity (not final rank, but either percent completion as a guild or perhaps something more complicated taking into account each player's contribution), and the previous week's GvG activity (number or percentage of guild members participating, number of sectors taken). After the initial MMR calculation, these factors will have no additional influence on MMR adjustments.

After each season, every guilds' MMR is adjusted based on battleground ranking (and is not dependent on amount of victory points earned). MMR determines which league a guild is in. After each season, MMR also determines how much guild prestige a guild will get.

DeletedUser34582

The ages of goods required for buildings in Battlegrounds is based on the ages of members in the guild. If a guild has only members in AF and LMA, then only goods from AF and LMA will be required.

I wonder if any guild can have members in AF and LMA only? That is not likely.
The guild has members in all ages from HMA to SAM.
Does it require all goods for the buildings then? If it selects randomly some of the ages only then the buildings would be built only when AF to SAM goods are required. FE and lower would be kept for GvG.

Correct.
Let's say that this would cover the battlegrounds. How about the Settlements and the Antiques dealer? There was no compensation of the time consumption on those.