• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40996

I was discussing this with the guild this morning, and sharing it here.

We are a top 10 guild because we play GvG, but the number of players that play GvG is a small part of the guild—many cannot because they are on mobile or are not interested. We cannot do that in GBG, because the way it is setup, strong players can contribute, but they are limited in how much. If GvG were setup similarly to GBG, we would not be a top 10 guild, but rather top 20.

Hence the ad naseum division between those that want GbG set up just like GvG is now . Group A likes the freedom of GbG group B wants the control

it is going to change how the game is played. When a quest is ongoing, active players' time is going to be sucked up even more than it was before, which was already quite time consuming. If a player is active in GvG, GE, quests, and normal game play, you can already find yourself playing much of the day, even without GB.

Yep this is so very true and add in events as well they really are time eaters (even more so if you're doing them on multiple worlds for WW's to make diamond farms)

So I think a lot of players who have focused on fighting are going to be frustrated by this, because it diminishes the effort that I've put into building my city attack, which has been mostly what I have done.
YMMV but if the fights start getting too tough (Or you're losing too many goods /units) just stop for the day . even minimal participation over 11 days should get you some rewards for the effort.

It will also encourage others to abuse their stores of goods, eventually those large amount of goods will disappear, and the speed at which players will advance will decrease rapidly, which is the ultimate goal of INNO in creating the GBG, I believe—they are tired of trying to create new worlds. GB is sort of the "anti-Arc." Players will, in general, use up their goods faster than they gain them.

That's up to the individuals. If the want to advance on tech tree they can't spend on negotiating if all they care about is rewards they'll spend everything trying to win

It changes the focus from getting FPs to move ahead, by raising GBs and advancing, to getting goods. Fewer FPs means folks will not move forward nearly as quickly. For example, I have 20 terrace farms, which I use to make 100 fps a day. I could switch them over to goods, which is 600 goods/day (or 120 goods of each kind/day). I could suck up that many goods with 10 negotiations in GBG after I can no longer fight. For the lower level players, it could be quite intimidating.

Again individuals choices. I have FP buildings and special goods buildings in all my cities for just that reason . Sure I'll progress slower but I'll also have goods when I need them

After this round of GBG is done, we need to assess what we have gotten for the huge effort it requires. Of course, we play to have fun, and if it is fun, that is one thing, but we also play to advance, and I wonder how much benefit the guild will get in the end.

The guild gets a ton of benefit in crowns enabling them to level up faster . The individuals well YMMV but the building you get shards for looks nice especially once it's max level

And as an aside, fighting is not free. it also drains our fighting units—for advanced players, with high arcs, it can rapidly deplete rogue numbers.

Arc . I think you meant Alcatraz and if its high enough they're getting tons a day so it won't be as rapid as you think and with 3 off days in each cycle that's plenty of time to restock all they need to do is not have barracks other than the rouge one built or in progress of being built

In a month or two, I might end up just harvesting my daily fps in some do-nothing guild—having active players stop will end up weakening the entire platform.

Don't knock those "do nothing" guilds as they can be quite helpful as long as they're stocked with active players . And when you say entire platform are you meaning the Game itself or just the GbG portion .

RazorbackPirate

It is going to change how the game is played.
You say this like it's a bad thing. Having no access to GvG, mobile players never had much incentive to develop their fighting beyond auto-battling the first few levels of GE. With attrition and advancements in GBG, guilds that emphasized players fight only and avoid making goods are now at a disadvantage without the goods to negotiate beyond their ability to fight.

Depending on the focus of the player and the guild, players will have to re-evaluate their game. Try to do it all just because you're on PC, or give up GvG. Maybe keep GvG and leave GBG to the mobile players in your guild. Beef up your city and modify your play to optimize your desired results. It's a strategy game. Sounds like you need some new ones.

Bob the gapper

Duh.
I constantly re-evaluate my game, which is what my post was all about. For me it is a puzzle, how can I maximize this and that? My city bears little similarity to others that are in FE.

The way GB is setup I think it will destroy certain parts of the game as it exists—it seems like an "Anti-Arc" to me.

My Dad used to make "Do Nothing Boxes," which would run on some batteries, and lights and buzzers would be activated when you turned knobs and pushed buttons. This game feels like an extremely complicated "Do Nothing Box," and the number of switches and knobs just went through the roof.

I suspect that I'll fight a little in GB each day, but I am not going to get excited about it.

DeletedUser

I think that as goods inventories start getting depleted, the progress in future GBG rounds will slow down and be spread over the entire 14 days rather than the flurry of activity at the beginning. This is because you will be able to make progress on sectors gradually at a much lower cost than trying to take them as quickly as possible. Players will figure out that doing 5 battles/5 negotiations a day for 14 days is much cheaper than doing 70 battles/70 negotiations in one day. Guilds that strike quickly and take as much as possible will be like "rabbits" in distance running. They set the pace early, but then don't have the stamina to excel in the final standings. Likewise, the guilds who like to jump on everything as quickly as possible will run into the fight/negotiation attrition wall more and more. Slow and steady will indeed win the race as GBG goes forward. And I think that's a good thing.
With the Arc being my biggest goods producer, I'm using my Arc more than ever before.
Your biggest goods producer? For the Treasury, yes, but not for you except indirectly.

Bob the gapper

Not following your logic. With the Arc being my biggest goods producer, I'm using my Arc more than ever before.

Oh the Arc is wonderful for giving goods to the Guild (dunno how you can use it more than ever for producing goods, though), but for those whose arc isn't already high, it seems to me that raising it is now going to be a much slower thing with all the energy going into the GB.

RazorbackPirate

Arc gives guild goods once a day. It gives refined player goods, medals, BPs, and even FPs, whenever I use it. GBs are going up faster than ever before in my guild with players both adding to their fight GBs and looking to produce extra goods for negotiating. CFs leveling up faster too. Think about it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It gives guild goods once a day. It gives refined player goods, medals, BPs, and even FPs, whenever I use it. Think about it.
It gives you more FP, medals and BPs whenever its boost is applied to your donation rewards on someone else's GB, but it never gives you goods at all except indirectly as you use those FP and BP. So to say that the Arc gives you goods is not correct. By that logic, the Alcatraz gives me goods and buildings and medals and coins and supplies and Diamonds, because I use the troops it produces to win battles that result in me getting those things. But the Alcatraz doesn't give me all those things, it just gives me troops and Happiness.

Emberguard

It can give you medals, bps, and fps, but I never get goods from it.
Indirectly you get goods from it if you choose. FPs are needed to raise your GBs up. Without an Arc it takes significantly longer than it does with an Arc. The ability to stockpile coins makes a big difference in being able to increase your income enough to hyper lvl GBs. It’s the difference between doing it in a day or doing it in a year

DeletedUser30791

I think that as goods inventories start getting depleted, the progress in future GBG rounds will slow down and be spread over the entire 14 days rather than the flurry of activity at the beginning. This is because you will be able to make progress on sectors gradually at a much lower cost than trying to take them as quickly as possible. Players will figure out that doing 5 battles/5 negotiations a day for 14 days is much cheaper than doing 70 battles/70 negotiations in one day. Guilds that strike quickly and take as much as possible will be like "rabbits" in distance running. They set the pace early, but then don't have the stamina to excel in the final standings. Likewise, the guilds who like to jump on everything as quickly as possible will run into the fight/negotiation attrition wall more and more. Slow and steady will indeed win the race as GBG goes forward. And I think that's a good thing.

Your biggest goods producer? For the Treasury, yes, but not for you except indirectly.
GBG is only 11 days. There are 3 days of rest in between.

RazorbackPirate

He's saying he buys goods for fp, and by that logic my Cape, AO and Kraken produce goods too.

By that logic my Chateau is the highest fp and goods producing great building of them all since it produces all those goods his Arc pays for and more.
You are incorrect. Thanks for playing. I've only bought goods for FPs to plant out of age GBs.

However, whenever I donate to a GB, I spin RQs. One 'Spend X FPs', one UBQ on the way by. My level 30 CF gives me 18 goods each time it hits. I generate about 750 goods per day just from the RQs I complete collecting my city, dropping 650 FPs on GBs generates about 150 more. The new type-in feature makes generating goods easier than ever.:)

Now if Inno would kindly do something about the Abort Cycle ... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser14423

Should you have any comments or questions, please check our FAQ below the Announcement or just let us know! We're looking forward for your feedback here!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Announcement: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds.27487/
Battle Grounds is messed up. This week we have a guild with 18 members and we only have 4. This guild owns 3/4 of all the sectors.
I wish they would match us up by guild size vs.their so called active algos. Yes we are a active guild of 4 but can't fight 18 players and expect to come out on top.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Let me pare down my suggestion to the bare bones, as to avoid argumentative responses on the non-critical elements. My assumption is INNO intended GBG to be a free for all fight, for a clean slate each round, and not be GVG 2.0. With those assumption, what recommendation(s) do I have to achieve that goal and for it to be enjoyable.

Critical Element Goals:
  1. Free For all Fight
  2. Clean Slate each Round
  3. More accessible to all players
  4. Not be the same as GVG
Suggestions:
  1. Make GBG completely anonymous. No way to tell who the other guilds are. That way, no scheming. You only see the guild information after the round is over. Linked to critical element goal 1, 4.
  2. Keep a consistent schedule so we can easily make it routine. 14 day cycle, 10 days fighting, 4 days resting. Start and Stop at the same day/time every two weeks. Linked to critical element goal 2, 3.
  3. Reduce costs of buildings by 30%. Leave everything else as is. Linked to critical element goal 3.
Edit - removed comment about the exact duration as it already led to exactly what I was trying to avoid.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Battle Grounds is not ready for prime time yet, I can't believe they released it from Beta in this condition. Yeah lets see what happens when we match up a guild of 25 player against a guild of 3 players. Then we can sit around and laugh at the slaughter.
It finished mostly, it's just that leagues need to be sorted. The only way to do that is how it is being done now, and because each battleground is 2 weeks, it isn't a fast process.

Keep a consistent schedule so we can easily make it routine. 14 day cycle, 10 days fighting, 4 days resting. Start and Stop at the same day/time every two weeks. Linked to critical element goal 2,
It already is that timeframe.

RazorbackPirate

Battle Grounds is messed up. This week we have a guild with 18 members and we only have 4. This guild owns 3/4 of all the sectors.
I wish they would match us up by guild size vs.their so called active algos. Yes we are a active guild of 4 but can't fight 18 players and expect to come out on top.
Initial match ups are a disaster. Guild of 18 destroying guilds of 3 or 4 players. It really takes all the fun away because it is not even close to being a fair fight. How would you like to take 3 of your buddies and go into a street fight against 18 hoodlums. I think Inno was not thinking straight when they did the algo's on guild match ups.
Battle Grounds is not ready for prime time yet, I can't believe they released it from Beta in this condition. Yeah lets see what happens when we match up a guild of 25 player against a guild of 3 players. Then we can sit around and laugh at the slaughter.
Battlegrounds is fine. They had to put everyone somewhere based on some logic that matched the MMR system. Now that this one time guestimation is behind us, future match ups will be based on actual performance. Let the ones you can't beat win, but beat the other ones your size.

Things will sort themselves out after a couple of rounds.