• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40061

Gbg is sure one tough fight. I mean on o world only. I managed to do some negos. I faired better on my other worlds with fighting. Ossy retreats to the nneutral grounds in ge

DeletedUser29726

Recruit more members to your guild, or expect to languish in silver. You needn't get huge--the 2nd place finisher in my gold league had 27 members-but 11 isn't likely to be competitive there. Why would you expect it to be?

11 high-quality players are going to be capable of way more than silver in the long run. I think you underestimate the number of barely active guilds that are ultimately going to prop up the system. The guilds that seem highly competitive in gold right now are ultimately going to be high platinum/diamond guilds.

Once things stabilize eventually in a few months, the breakdown should be roughly:
10% diamond, 25% platinum, 30% gold, 25% silver, 10% copper.

If you say there's maybe 300 participating guilds in the long run per server, that comes out to 30 diamond & 75 platinum. Thinking back to your server do you really think there's 100+ guilds of medium size and high activity to make a small highly active guild feel completely outclassed in gold?

My take on this:
copper = new guilds and absolutely minimum activity guilds (think 1 man, not-so-strong player guilds that over the course of 2 weeks can take 1 sector (40 advances) and get 40k crowns which will be an absolute fortune to such a 1-man guild; years of progress in 2 weeks!).
silver = mostly those autojoin guilds that say they have lots of people, but most of them don't even login. they'll muster a few sectors over the course of 2 weeks by sheer chance and volume of players. Also 1 man guilds that actually care should maintain silver easily.
gold = small active guilds; medium somewhat-active; large not-quite-dead guilds. 1 really strong player may well be able to carry a guild to and maintain gold.
platinum = small elite guilds; medium active guilds; large somewhat-active guilds.
diamond = medium elite guilds; large active guilds

Algona

How would you propose to fix the overwhelming advantage larger guilds have in Battleground?

Question assumes facts not in evidence. In one GBG 5 Guilds had 79-80 Players and none of them scored any points.

GBG performance is based on 3 factors.

Size. Participation. Quality of players.

The weighting of these factors will sort itself out over time, but a shortage of any one of them will handicap a Guild.

If your Guild chooses to have few players, few good players, and / or few active player then your Guild is doomed to a lower tier League. That is your Guild's problem, not a problem with GBG.

RazorbackPirate

11 high-quality players are going to be capable of way more than silver in the long run. I think you underestimate the number of barely active guilds that are ultimately going to prop up the system. The guilds that seem highly competitive in gold right now are ultimately going to be high platinum/diamond guilds.

Once things stabilize eventually in a few months, the breakdown should be roughly:
10% diamond, 25% platinum, 30% gold, 25% silver, 10% copper.

If you say there's maybe 300 participating guilds in the long run per server, that comes out to 30 diamond & 75 platinum. Thinking back to your server do you really think there's 100+ guilds of medium size and high activity to make a small highly active guild feel completely outclassed in gold?

My take on this:
copper = new guilds and absolutely minimum activity guilds (think 1 man, not-so-strong player guilds that over the course of 2 weeks can take 1 sector (40 advances) and get 40k crowns which will be an absolute fortune to such a 1-man guild; years of progress in 2 weeks!).
silver = mostly those autojoin guilds that say they have lots of people, but most of them don't even login. they'll muster a few sectors over the course of 2 weeks by sheer chance and volume of players. Also 1 man guilds that actually care should maintain silver easily.
gold = small active guilds; medium somewhat-active; large not-quite-dead guilds. 1 really strong player may well be able to carry a guild to and maintain gold.
platinum = small elite guilds; medium active guilds; large somewhat-active guilds.
diamond = medium elite guilds; large active guilds
I hope this is actually the case. Are the league breakdown numbers from Beta? If the %s you cite are correct, I think your guild type breakdown is also pretty accurate.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the match ups this week with all the inactive guilds removed from battlegrounds. Now that the shakedown cruise is over, this is the round that real competition begins. If your breakdown is correct, there is a strong likelihood of Platinum and possibly even Diamond league for both of my cities.

I've already resigned myself that Diamond league will be comprised of guilds with high numbers of diamond players. I'm setting my expectations no higher than Platinum. Of course we'll try to make Diamond league, but we won't spend diamonds in large quantities to get there.

No fun in pay to win anyway. Typing a credit card number is hardly an achievement. Glad folks do it, just not how I roll.

DeletedUser29726

The percentages are from a developer quote yes, and backed-up by reverse-engineering of the underlying MMR system. The number of longterm participating active guilds is the main source of uncertainty. There's really no good way to guess just how many of those low-ranked guilds will stay in the system (if they don't do 40 advances a season they'll fall out and not rejoin until they say they want to).

DeletedUser37581

The percentages are from a developer quote yes, and backed-up by reverse-engineering of the underlying MMR system. The number of longterm participating active guilds is the main source of uncertainty. There's really no good way to guess just how many of those low-ranked guilds will stay in the system (if they don't do 40 advances a season they'll fall out and not rejoin until they say they want to).
As a point of reference, on my two live worlds, there were 500-600 guilds participating in season 1. On Beta, there are over 700 guilds still participating after 4 seasons.

DeletedUser37581

I've already resigned myself that Diamond league will be comprised of guilds with high numbers of diamond players.
If there ends up being only 40-50 guilds in diamond, most of those guilds will not have large numbers of diamond players (I don't count spending free diamonds as being a diamond player). Even my best guild (#2) has only about 10-15% diamond players.

RazorbackPirate

As a point of reference, on my two live worlds, there were 500-600 guilds participating in season 1. On Beta, there are over 700 guilds still participating after 4 seasons.
How do you determine that? How can we find that number for our own worlds?
If there ends up being only 40-50 guilds in diamond, most of those guilds will not have large numbers of diamond players (I don't count spending free diamonds as being a diamond player). Even my best guild (#2) has only about 10-15% diamond players.
I like the sound of that. Maybe diamond is a strong possibility.

ODragon

I've already resigned myself that Diamond league will be comprised of guilds with high numbers of diamond players. I'm setting my expectations no higher than Platinum. Of course we'll try to make Diamond league, but we won't spend diamonds in large quantities to get there.

Reward wise, the worst in diamond makes out better than the best in Platinum so bring it on!

RazorbackPirate

Laboriously determine how many guilds have prestige that is higher than 25*level and which is also higher than GvG prestige.
So we leave it to folks like you. I'm good with that. :)

I noticed a guild's league now shows in Global Ranking. It would be nice if inactive guilds had their league indicator removed. It would then only show next to the guilds active in GBG.

DeletedUser40996

So we leave it to folks like you. I'm good with that. :)

I noticed a guild's league now shows in Global Ranking. It would be nice if inactive guilds had their league indicator removed. It would then only show next to the guilds active in GBG.
Yeah that would help players find a somewhat active guild

RazorbackPirate

If it doesn't end up working that way, maybe a proposal would be in order!
The idea is now out there in the official feedback thread. With a feature that falls more into the 'nice to have' category than the 'need to have' category, Inno can now do with the idea whatever they wish.

In other words, now that the proposal has been proposed, there's no point in re-proposing the proposal. The proposal has now been proposed.

DeletedUser37581

Currently:
Copper: 0-600
Silver: 601-2100
Gold: 2101-3900
Platinum: 3901-5400
Diamond: 5401-6000

Those numbers will triple once GBG is rebalanced to match GvG. It might take a few days.

Improve your city to rise in GBG. Don't ask for GBG to be adjusted down for your city. Happy Forging to you as well. Stick around the forum. Ask questions. Lots of advice to improve your game around here. From those much more knowledgeable about the game than me.
Appreciate the warm welcome and feedback on my comments that I mostly agree with, but want to continue on last bullet. My point is/was about not needing to have a fully decked out town with high level GB's to play GBG. Rewards are lacking and the cost of playing is high for new/average player that is not flush with thousands of resources. If you are new player or even partially seasoned - those goods or troops are not quick/easy to acquire. When you lose them to only see a blank reward with success - it's frustrating and doesn't encourage participation (Examples: Feudal Market - reward at end of Negotiation, GE - reward at end of each Negotiation and even a turn boost if you want, event "Spin wheel game" get reward, but GBG is RNG based and poorly setup for rewards).

Yes - people should pace themselves accordingly and I did for the second half of the period, but if Inno want's maximum participation then it has to find a middle ground in some fashion. (Attrition helps, but rewards don't) My comments represent someone partially new to the game with some decent leveling and I found GBG more "High level of player only" with deep pockets of resources and cash for diamonds (Pushing less leveled folks to not participating in GBG). I even tested a few small era/city on other worlds and experience was about the same. I think it's a great idea, but needs some improvements or interest is going to disappear for most casually playing or new to the game. Can't stress it any better than "I get more value (Rewards) for my time, goods, resources, troops during each event than single instance of GBG" and that is a problem for ROI as well continued playing of GBG by folks.

Again - this is all my viewpoint as a newer player that has a pretty decent city, but I've not been around for years and flush with everything. I can totally understand a lot of the more seasoned folks in the game and forums are likely not going to see the problem here - so I get that and hope I explained it well enough to represent those in the crowd that don't want to post or can't post for whatever reason. :)

Now that I can actually GET on the forums, I'll likely post more often and appreciate the good will/feedback of everyone so far.

Happy Forging!

RazorbackPirate

Appreciate the warm welcome and feedback on my comments that I mostly agree with, but want to continue on last bullet. My point is/was about not needing to have a fully decked out town with high level GB's to play GBG. Rewards are lacking and the cost of playing is high for new/average player that is not flush with thousands of resources. If you are new player or even partially seasoned - those goods or troops are not quick/easy to acquire. When you lose them to only see a blank reward with success - it's frustrating and doesn't encourage participation (Examples: Feudal Market - reward at end of Negotiation, GE - reward at end of each Negotiation and even a turn boost if you want, event "Spin wheel game" get reward, but GBG is RNG based and poorly setup for rewards).

Yes - people should pace themselves accordingly and I did for the second half of the period, but if Inno want's maximum participation then it has to find a middle ground in some fashion. (Attrition helps, but rewards don't) My comments represent someone partially new to the game with some decent leveling and I found GBG more "High level of player only" with deep pockets of resources and cash for diamonds (Pushing less leveled folks to not participating in GBG). I even tested a few small era/city on other worlds and experience was about the same. I think it's a great idea, but needs some improvements or interest is going to disappear for most casually playing or new to the game. Can't stress it any better than "I get more value (Rewards) for my time, goods, resources, troops during each event than single instance of GBG" and that is a problem for ROI as well continued playing of GBG by folks.

Again - this is all my viewpoint as a newer player that has a pretty decent city, but I've not been around for years and flush with everything. I can totally understand a lot of the more seasoned folks in the game and forums are likely not going to see the problem here - so I get that and hope I explained it well enough to represent those in the crowd that don't want to post or can't post for whatever reason. :)

Now that I can actually GET on the forums, I'll likely post more often and appreciate the good will/feedback of everyone so far.

Happy Forging!
The most consistent mistake I see players make is advancing too quickly. I did the same thing when I got started, but I was finally convinced to slow down, focus on building and leveling GBs, including an Arc 80, and stockpiling resources, especially goods. I spent about a year in LMA doing just that. I also learned how to spin Recurring Quests which now give me about 750 CA goods per day without goods buildings. Donating to GBs (at profit with an Arc 80) allows me to create even more.

You just need to throw your city in park and do the same thing. Contribute what you can to GBG each day while growing the power of your city to do more. I believe the design of GBG is to get you to slow down on tech. Too many people rush to the end of the tech tree. For what? Just to sit and wait for the next age?.Slow down and get strong now. That will make future ages much easier and you'll be good in GBG.