• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changes to GbG Attrition

mamboking053

Was looking for details, but I heard that there were changes to the attrition for GbG. Anyone know where I could read what those changes are?

DeletedUser29726

the new values are available on the wiki.

summary:
negotiations escalate faster to 5 goods multiplier. They then slow down for a bit. By level 100 they're the same.
army attrition scales slower for a while. On average if you're a 200%-500% boost attacker you'll get about 10 more fights a week.
There is no longer a cap however, and the wall escalates much faster, so having more than about 500% boost is pointless. Goods multiplier does keep going up too, but not steeply so.

mamboking053

the new values are available on the wiki.

summary:
negotiations escalate faster to 5 goods multiplier. They then slow down for a bit. By level 100 they're the same.
army attrition scales slower for a while. On average if you're a 200%-500% boost attacker you'll get about 10 more fights a week.
There is no longer a cap however, and the wall escalates much faster, so having more than about 500% boost is pointless. Goods multiplier does keep going up too, but not steeply so.

I've been hearing about the pointlessness of having too much attack boost more and more these days. I feel sorry for those who spend a lot to get a high attack boost in the past.

Thanks for the info.

DeletedUser29726

Why is it pointless?
1) Negotiations are better at medium-high end. And have no real ceiling.
2) The higher your boost is the more boost you need for 1 more encounter. At what point you draw the line and say it's not worth it will vary from person to person, but that point certainly exists.

vern511

Last week i could use diamond to help my guild win. lol this week 3000% defence impossible. Dont have to use diamonds no more way to go Inno....:)

Agent327

1) Negotiations are better at medium-high end. And have no real ceiling.
2) The higher your boost is the more boost you need for 1 more encounter. At what point you draw the line and say it's not worth it will vary from person to person, but that point certainly exists.

You talk GBG. There's still GE, GvG and PvP. Looks to me like in a mostr parts of the game you can still profit from a high attack bonus.

DeletedUser29726

You talk GBG. There's still GE, GvG and PvP. Looks to me like in a mostr parts of the game you can still profit from a high attack bonus.

Many players have passed the point there where more attack boost matters already. GE you just need to fight each encounter once so if you can win, you're pretty much good. GvG has capped boosts on the defending army and you're probably already easily 2 shotting everything so only more defense might matter. And who still PvPs much anyways?

Agent327

Many players have passed the point there where more attack boost matters already. GE you just need to fight each encounter once so if you can win, you're pretty much good. GvG has capped boosts on the defending army and you're probably already easily 2 shotting everything so only more defense might matter. And who still PvPs much anyways?

GE there will be a new era. GvG saves you from changing units. PvP and plunder is still way more than you can produce yourself.

Joeyjojojo

I don't understand this statement:
...PvP and plunder is still way more than you can produce yourself.
More of what than I can produce myself? I suppose if you just mean it's a bonus on top of what I produce myself then I guess, maybe.

PvP does seem to be going away as a player activity, and that does make sense. The time commitment to actually be able to plunder useful things is high, and most players in a given neighborhood are likely to only have crap to plunder anyway...for every Maharaja's Palace you get a dozen coins or supplies (because they don't have any plunderable buildings that produce better things). The better potential plunder is the more likely they are to collect on time, meaning even if you're particularly diligent you'll be lucky to get more than one or 2 good turns from someone in a 2-week period. Goods are common, but often older eras. And most heavy PvPers seem to load their cities with def boosting decos and GBs as well as the plunder boosting GBs...I'd rather use that space to have a bunch of special buildings that produce more FPs and Goods.

If you enjoy that aspect of the game, that's great! Attack and plunder away! But for most players, who complain that daily aiding takes up too much time it is a huge waste for rather pitiful rewards.

DeletedUser27860

I hear there is a way to avoid attrition, I see some guildmates with over 7000 attacks in gbg and was curious how they were doing that?

RazorbackPirate

I hear there is a way to avoid attrition, I see some guildmates with over 7000 attacks in gbg and was curious how they were doing that?
By adding multiple Siege Camps to conquered provinces. With 5 siege camps touching a province you're attacking, 100% of your advancements will be 100% attrition free.

DeletedUser27860

LOL I was teasing how Fire on server N seem to do it without doing using those, they get to the center in minutes from the start and don't lose it for a second while they pair up with their sister guild and hold 1'st and 2nd every week without fail.