• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Ideas for Great Buildings

mamboking053

The last GB’s were...underwhelming. But trying to think of new ideas is hard. Maybe we can help a little. Does anyone have any ideas for GB bonuses?

Jern2017

Maybe a GB related to GBG? Something that boosts or doubles the rewards you get after finishing an encounter.

DeletedUser4441

I suggest The Shrine to Swine
bacon_henge.jpg

qaccy

I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a GB that boosts goods production. It's probably because goods are produced in much smaller amounts than e.g., coins and supplies so a % increase wouldn't work out too well, but I think it could've worked as a flat +x bonus instead. I think the game's probably moved beyond the point where such a bonus would be appealing though, especially since new GBs are now becoming quite expensive on paper due to being released with new ages and things have to be more 'interesting' than that.

Something perhaps a bit too powerful, but maybe not, a bonus that reduces boost of enemy units. It could be either additive or a multiplier, which would make it better in opposite situations (low boost is better for additive, while high boost is better for multiplier). Just something that seems more nuanced to me than another standard military boost, but perhaps this would end up being 'meaningless complexity' for the sake of having variety.

Another idea is a bonus that reduces the cost of buying FP. This is another one that would raise some eyebrows, but much like with GBs themselves, I think the ever-increasing cost of buying FP will balance itself out no matter what the final discount ends up being. Obviously it would never reach a full -50/100% discount, but there's plenty of wiggle room to establish both a reasonable and a very unreasonable ceiling for its effect like was done with the Arc, stopping well short of 'maximum' by the time most players give up on levelling one and not even reaching it by the time you're well into the realm of insanity for continuing to level it.

Fourth idea! A low chance of reviving a unit that's killed in battle, but only for the duration of that battle. Basically, if a unit is killed in wave one of a battle and is revived by this GB, it's still considered dead at the end of the battle (even if it survives) and will not be available for the second wave. Diamonds can still be used to heal/revive the unit as normal on the battle result screen. Kind of like a 'second wind' effect. Additionally, this is something that I think should work on defense as well, much like the Orangery does. City defense is an overlooked/dismissed aspect of the game by many, for several good reasons - lack of ability to reliably defend (especially against Rogues) is one of them. I think something like this would be a useful tool for defense, without being too reliable that defense becomes too easy.

Fifth idea! A chance of receiving a reward after a successful negotiation, kind of a counterpart to the Himeji Castle. This one might be too limited especially to those without a guild, since GE and GBG are the two biggest features to include the negotiation game. However, I think something like this could still be an option! Rewards and all the other technical stuff can be up for debate, but I think the mechanic itself is a worthy addition.

Just a few of the crazier ideas I have for GBs. I could go on because I enjoy thinking about what could be!

mamboking053

I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been a GB that boosts goods production. It's probably because goods are produced in much smaller amounts than e.g., coins and supplies so a % increase wouldn't work out too well, but I think it could've worked as a flat +x bonus instead. I think the game's probably moved beyond the point where such a bonus would be appealing though, especially since new GBs are now becoming quite expensive on paper due to being released with new ages and things have to be more 'interesting' than that.

The CF is famous/infamous for it's goods production. A lot of other GB's also provide goods. It's not a lot for each individual one, but it's pretty decent when a few are combined. I guess Star Gazer, but :rolleyes:...

Something perhaps a bit too powerful, but maybe not, a bonus that reduces boost of enemy units. It could be either additive or a multiplier, which would make it better in opposite situations (low boost is better for additive, while high boost is better for multiplier). Just something that seems more nuanced to me than another standard military boost, but perhaps this would end up being 'meaningless complexity' for the sake of having variety.

Maybe. I was hoping for something not related to combat, but still useful. I think one of the next GB's from Ceres is likely going to have defense boost for attacking armies, or something like that. It's probably the most valuable stat you can have- combat-wise- because it's so rare. But after this next event...maybe.

Another idea is a bonus that reduces the cost of buying FP. This is another one that would raise some eyebrows, but much like with GBs themselves, I think the ever-increasing cost of buying FP will balance itself out no matter what the final discount ends up being. Obviously it would never reach a full -50/100% discount, but there's plenty of wiggle room to establish both a reasonable and a very unreasonable ceiling for its effect like was done with the Arc, stopping well short of 'maximum' by the time most players give up on leveling one and not even reaching it by the time you're well into the realm of insanity for continuing to level it.

Not a good one here. You're basically asking to spend FP to reduce the coin cost of buying FP. But the coin cost goes up anyway, so this is a GB with diminishing returns. Since this is a CERES GB, the FP cost will be massive- both to get the goods and to raise for most players. I don't see this one going through.

Fourth idea! A low chance of reviving a unit that's killed in battle, but only for the duration of that battle. Basically, if a unit is killed in wave one of a battle and is revived by this GB, it's still considered dead at the end of the battle (even if it survives) and will not be available for the second wave. Diamonds can still be used to heal/revive the unit as normal on the battle result screen. Kind of like a 'second wind' effect. Additionally, this is something that I think should work on defense as well, much like the Orangery does. City defense is an overlooked/dismissed aspect of the game by many, for several good reasons - lack of ability to reliably defend (especially against Rogues) is one of them. I think something like this would be a useful tool for defense, without being too reliable that defense becomes too easy.

This sounds interesting. It would be very strong- especially if the unit was a rogue and it revived as a rogue that could then tank another hit. The max practical chance for your idea would have to be about 10 or 15% at level 80.

A while back I thought of something similar where you had a small chance to turn one of the enemy units to your side for that battle alone (wouldn't carry over to wave 2). I think your idea sounds fun. I'd try to bring it up at one of Inno's live-streams. The forum proposal thread will limit you to strict utilitarian ideas only.

Fifth idea! A chance of receiving a reward after a successful negotiation, kind of a counterpart to the Himeji Castle. This one might be too limited especially to those without a guild, since GE and GBG are the two biggest features to include the negotiation game. However, I think something like this could still be an option! Rewards and all the other technical stuff can be up for debate, but I think the mechanic itself is a worthy addition.

Just a few of the crazier ideas I have for GBs. I could go on because I enjoy thinking about what could be!

Negotiations are only used to win battles (except for the Merchant in Japanese Settlement) right? That mean's it's pretty much the same thing as the HC and it would be double-buffing. I might be wrong on this though...

I really like the resurrection idea. It makes combat more fun. I wish Kraken would have had a percentage-base for it's boost like AO does. Ah well :)

mamboking053

Maybe a GB related to GBG? Something that boosts or doubles the rewards you get after finishing an encounter.

I doubt it. You already have HC, and GbG already gives a lot of rewards as it is if you are active enough. Doubling the rewards with another GB would reduce a person's desire to fight more for more rewards.

Algona

Not like it will ever be forwarded to the devs.

Agreed. It won't get submitted to the devs.

A while back I wrote a list about changes that were made in the game in response to someone asking if changes were ever made at player request. While there is no way of knowing if any of those changes were made because the players requested them, the changes were made after the requests were made.

I don't remember how many of those changes were submitted Propooals or posted in official Feedback threads or just scattered around the forums. I do remember thinking at that time that there were either a lot of coincidences or that maybe, just maybe, some folks at INNO do read the forums.

Take that as you will. I take it to mean that there is a chance that anything posted on these forums may wind up on a desk at INNO.

Agent327

Agreed. It won't get submitted to the devs.

A while back I wrote a list about changes that were made in the game in response to someone asking if changes were ever made at player request. While there is no way of knowing if any of those changes were made because the players requested them, the changes were made after the requests were made.

I don't remember how many of those changes were submitted Propooals or posted in official Feedback threads or just scattered around the forums. I do remember thinking at that time that there were either a lot of coincidences or that maybe, just maybe, some folks at INNO do read the forums.

Take that as you will. I take it to mean that there is a chance that anything posted on these forums may wind up on a desk at INNO.

I agree with you. Suggestions make it to the devs, but I seriously doubt that proposals stand a better chance then suggestions in the feedback thread. Since feedback is dealing with recent game changes, I think it has a much better chance than proposals.

Anyhow, this is about GB's. Only suggestions about GB's that ever made it into the game was when players were asked for input by Inno in the shape of a contest. No player initiated new GB or change to a GB has ever made it into the game.

qaccy

The CF is famous/infamous for it's goods production. A lot of other GB's also provide goods. It's not a lot for each individual one, but it's pretty decent when a few are combined. I guess Star Gazer, but :rolleyes:...

All true, but I was thinking a bonus like St. Mark or the Lighthouse, but for goods instead. In this case it wouldn't apply to GBs, and it would serve to round out a 'set' of bonuses related to increasing production of three of the game's core resources - coins, supplies, and goods. But like I said, I think the game's moved past the point where such a mundane bonus would be appealing on an expensive top-age GB.

You're basically asking to spend FP to reduce the coin cost of buying FP. But the coin cost goes up anyway, so this is a GB with diminishing returns. Since this is a CERES GB, the FP cost will be massive- both to get the goods and to raise for most players. I don't see this one going through.

Kind of true, but as I pointed out, every GB already has diminishing returns anyway. Some have it baked into their effects, but all of them have it baked into their level costs. To me it doesn't sound too much different from the Cape, which provides only FP as its effect and has to be collected multiple times for each level in order to 'pay back' the cost of levelling it. Although to be fair, I suppose this one out of the 5 ideas I suggested would be the only one I'd support pairing with an FP production so that it does have that 'investment' aspect to it.

Negotiations are only used to win battles (except for the Merchant in Japanese Settlement) right? That mean's it's pretty much the same thing as the HC and it would be double-buffing. I might be wrong on this though...

That's the distinction I was hinging it on, really. HC doesn't work for negotiations, does it? I actually...don't know the answer to that since if I'm ever negotiating something it's after I've already taken care of my HC bonuses for the day. I assumed it only applies to battles, so having a bonus that only applies to negotiations would prevent overlap between the two. Of course, that does all go out the window if HC actually works for negotiation already...

Anyway, thanks for the comments! I don't suspect that any of these ideas will be seen outside of these forum posts, but it'd be kinda funny if I get to look at a future GB and see something that I forgot I thought about here.

EDIT: Saw your post after I put mine in. @Agent327 there actually are a couple of more recent examples of GB changes caused by players. The Kraken originally produced medals instead of FP, and more infamously The Virgo Project being disabled against other players. Both of these changes were the result of player feedback! You're pretty spot-on otherwise though with players not really having much say in the creation of GBs.

Last edited:

mamboking053

All true, but I was thinking a bonus like St. Mark or the Lighthouse, but for goods instead. In this case it wouldn't apply to GBs, and it would serve to round out a 'set' of bonuses related to increasing production of three of the game's core resources - coins, supplies, and goods. But like I said, I think the game's moved past the point where such a mundane bonus would be appealing on an expensive top-age GB.

It would be decent if they gave something like prior-aged goods, but I doubt they'll make another Star Gazer- even if a stronger version.

Kind of true, but as I pointed out, every GB already has diminishing returns anyway. Some have it baked into their effects, but all of them have it baked into their level costs. To me it doesn't sound too much different from the Cape, which provides only FP as its effect and has to be collected multiple times for each level in order to 'pay back' the cost of levelling it. Although to be fair, I suppose this one out of the 5 ideas I suggested would be the only one I'd support pairing with an FP production so that it does have that 'investment' aspect to it.

What I meant was that you are introducing a GB that lowers the cost of buying fp with gold coins. But it will lower the cost of the coins only to a certain extent, meaning the total amount of extra fp you get from it is limited. You will have to spend fp to raise it to the max level that is practical for you to raise. So, if you say the GB costs 20,000 fp to raise it to a level where you will get a 37% reduction off the price (before the fp cost to level becomes insane) and this gives you an extra 4,000 fp that you can buy, than you've spent 16,000 fp for nothing. I think... The numbers may change, but I think the basic idea still stands that you won't be making a constant amount of extra fp with such a bonus, it will just be a set amount more that you get, then the GB is worthless. I think, lol.

Not to mention that you will still need to clear event quests by buying coins, so if you keep purchasing coins, the price is going to go up much faster. Would you be able to get the max benefit of a price reduction on fp without screwing yourself over in the long run? Although there might be an alternative option to that quest objective so...guess that's a big maybe.

That's the distinction I was hinging it on, really. HC doesn't work for negotiations, does it? I actually...don't know the answer to that since if I'm ever negotiating something it's after I've already taken care of my HC bonuses for the day. I assumed it only applies to battles, so having a bonus that only applies to negotiations would prevent overlap between the two. Of course, that does all go out the window if HC actually works for negotiation already...

Anyway, thanks for the comments! I don't suspect that any of these ideas will be seen outside of these forum posts, but it'd be kinda funny if I get to look at a future GB and see something that I forgot I thought about here.

Actually I might have made a mistake on that. I never negotiate, but negotiations are used to clear battles so I assumed it counted. Sorry about that.

And good catch about the Kraken and Virgo Project.

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

It would be decent if they gave something like prior-aged goods, but I doubt they'll make another Star Gazer- even if a stronger version.
Everyone knows it's an inevitable truth that the equality of GBs are very corrupted. The Arc always attracts the most attentions and fp-rich players. Colosseum and Notre Dame are the well recognized stumbling blocks and they'll never get fixed for the lower-fp income beginners.

mamboking053

Everyone knows it's an inevitable truth that the equality of GBs are very corrupted. The Arc always attracts the most attentions and fp-rich players. Colosseum and Notre Dame are the well recognized stumbling blocks and they'll never get fixed for the lower-fp income beginners.

Not sure what you mean by the "equality of GB's". Did you mean "quality"?

Well...I suppose even Inno will submit it's version of bad proposals every once in a while. It's easy to criticize, but harder to innovate.

Triopoly Champion

Not sure what you mean by the "equality of GB's". Did you mean "quality"?

Well...I suppose even Inno will submit it's version of bad proposals every once in a while. It's easy to criticize, but harder to innovate.
Stargazer should include the happiness boost as the 2nd bonus to be more balanced considering it's a Space Age Mars GB.

There's also a need to have a GB to boost the productions of the cultural settlement coins and Notre Dame fits perfectly for that role.

Agent327

EDIT: Saw your post after I put mine in. @Agent327 there actually are a couple of more recent examples of GB changes caused by players. The Kraken originally produced medals instead of FP, and more infamously The Virgo Project being disabled against other players. Both of these changes were the result of player feedback! You're pretty spot-on otherwise though with players not really having much say in the creation of GBs.

That's player feedback on beta on existing GB's. About the one time there is a small chance and like you said, nothing to do with creation.