• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

DeletedUser39171

I hate some aspects of the new gbg system. I am an experienced gamer. Played my first game on a prinitive computer in 1976. No typo on the date. In my experience, the devs have made a very aggressive move to further monitize the game. It is obvious that the whole gbg system is set up to squeeze every bit of money out of the player that can be spared.
Specifically, I despise the negotiation system with only 3 chances. Stacking the deck for the house imo.
Specifically I despise the short break in between a very expensive event. All for a lousy little building.
Specifically I hate that gbg is so very long. It leaves no time for anything else.
Specifically I hate that there is no way to obtain the goods needed for the absurb demands of gbg.
The rewards for fighting and negotiating are different. An obvious ploy to discourage players from fighting ( a renewable resource) and encourage negotiating. Where you have stacked the deck in your favor.

I am seeing good competive guilds suddenly give up on the whole system. People are soon going to quit the game. Your short sighted greed has probably killed the game.

I find it way more frustrating then rewarding. It STINKS OF GREED AND PROFITEERING.

DeletedUser39171

I hate some aspects of the new gbg system. I am an experienced gamer. Played my first game on a prinitive computer in 1976. No typo on the date. In my experience, the devs have made a very aggressive move to further monitize the game. It is obvious that the whole gbg system is set up to squeeze every bit of money out of the player that can be spared.
Specifically, I despise the negotiation system with only 3 chances. Stacking the deck for the house imo.
Specifically I despise the short break in between a very expensive event. All for a lousy little building.
Specifically I hate that gbg is so very long. It leaves no time for anything else.
Specifically I hate that there is no way to obtain the goods needed for the absurb demands of gbg.
The rewards for fighting and negotiating are different. An obvious ploy to discourage players from fighting ( a renewable resource) and encourage negotiating. Where you have stacked the deck in your favor.

I am seeing good competive guilds suddenly give up on the whole system. People are soon going to quit the game. Your short sighted greed has probably killed the game.

I find it way more frustrating then rewarding. It STINKS OF GREED AND PROFITEERING.

And I have been talking to leaders of other guilds. The first thing I hear from about half is that the move is destabilizing the guilds. And that they fear it will kill the game. Greedy stupid short sighted move on the devs part.

The Lady Redneck

Flip Alert Threads. The idea is ok, but so open to abuse ...

People put their GB on them with a note saying do not level.
People put their GB on them and demand any contributions are 1.9
People put their GBs on them when there is still 50% or more to go. (spongers)
People put their GB on them as soon as said GB is out of the Sticks with only a few Fps on it and say Feel free to level. (Mega spongers)

DeletedUser

This seems reasonable to me. The idea is to alert players that reward spots are available and will be collected soon, so it only seems fair that those taking advantage of this alert not turn around and steal the nice player's double dip.
People put their GB on them and demand any contributions are 1.9
This I agree with. Whenever someone demands a certain level of contribution, I actually look for opportunities to steal their double dips.
People put their GB on them as soon as said GB is out of the Sticks with only a few Fps on it and say Feel free to level. (Mega spongers)
If this is a guild thread, leadership should remove players from it that do this sort of thing. They either need to be educated as to the purpose of the thread, or removed from the guild if they're doing it on purpose.

Overall, I agree that there are certain thread types that are good in theory, but are abused by some players to the detriment of everyone else.

Graviton

I guess I don't get the animus toward that, particularly if you're also against people demanding 1.x for it. Those two things seem to be at odds. If you don't expect a GB owner to demand 1.x, then you shouldn't demand the owner wait until it's 50% done before posting it.

This seems reasonable to me. The idea is to alert players that reward spots are available and will be collected soon, so it only seems fair that those taking advantage of this alert not turn around and steal the nice player's double dip.

It shouldn't be in a public swap thread if it's that close to levelling. I make it a point to level every GB I see in a situation like that, just as you do with people demanding a certain level of contribution. ;)

DeletedUser

I guess I don't get the animus toward that, particularly if you're also against people demanding 1.x for it. Those two things seem to be at odds. If you don't expect a GB owner to demand 1.x, then you shouldn't demand the owner wait until it's 50% done before posting it.

It shouldn't be in a public swap thread if it's that close to levelling. I make it a point to level every GB I see in a situation like that, just as you do with people demanding a certain level of contribution. ;)
I don't think you understand the type of thread we're talking about here.
A "Flip Alert Thread" (or "Close to leveling thread") is designed for GBs that are fairly close to leveling and have reward spots open. Generally they are guild-specific, but sometimes include friends and/or neighbors. This is not a regular swap thread. The idea is to alert guild mates/friends/neighbors (depending on who is included) to reward spots that would otherwise go to waste. Hence the inappropriateness of posting GBs that are far from leveling on this type of thread. Also, the distaste for someone who, under the pretext of helping out fellow players, demands that only certain donations will be appreciated.

hi606

I don't like Gb'S. I just dont.

Its not the "historical evolution" feel like actually playing normally! People put down Great Buildings and literally bulldoze every house available, which I think doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser36572

I don't like Gb'S. I just dont.

Its not the "historical evolution" feel like actually playing normally! People put down Great Buildings and literally bulldoze every house available, which I think doesn't make sense.

If your citizens can all live in a bright, shiny Tower of Babel (or replace with GB of your choice), and go to services at the Cathedral of Aachen (or replace with GB of your choice) ... Then worrying about city defense becomes an afterthought.

I feel sorry for your poor citizens living in squalor, and under constant threat of plundering ... Worse, you think that’s what they deserve.

Edit:
I know I really could improve morale and help property values if I tore down the Abandoned Asylum on the edge of my city ... But my citizens are generally ecstatic, and damnit, I don’t know what they are cooking in that place, but it makes me a nice pile of goodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

ahsay

click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click,

DeletedUser

click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click,
LOL
And yet you typed the word out 215 times. :p

The Lady Redneck

I do like GBs. I am Sheherazade Queen Consort of Shahryar I am used to living in a palace. Surely you do not expect me to live in one of those peasants hovels!!!!! I feel I simply must have a house suitable to my character in every city I visit.

But I do hate the fact that the "Visit Tavern" button in the Town hall events does not grey out like the Aid button does when clicked. We all may end up like ahsay with severe click-click, click-click, click-clickitis.

Freshmeboy

Lately its been this mania with 1.9 GB donations...If you have a 1.9 donation thread in your guild, that's fine. But it doesn't mean the rest of the playing population must follow suit. I am so weary of hearing this, "You owe me 27 more fps because I only allow 1.9 donations in my GB." Are you freaking kidding me..?
I send links to players with my GBs primed and ready at 80% so they can make a profit. Yes, I want my friends to profit from my GBs. It's their free fps that make me grow, why shouldn't they..? Why send links...? So the hood doesn't profit. Seems I go out of my way to help my friends. Why..? Because they are an asset to my game play by aiding me..they are partly responsible for my success and deserve a reward. Not much, 10%
So all you 1.9 maniacs out there keep in mind this: It's your GB and its yours to manage. If you want donations at a certain set amount, unplug that badboy and open it only when your buddies can be online..and don't ever b itch about free fps...

ahsay

You've spent money on GBG...why? Don't do that. Try just doing as much as you can as often as you can.

Events are far worse, if you want to talk profiteering. I've never bought diamonds for GBG, that's just silly but I have spent them when I realize, I'm only one upgrade away, from the highest level, of the cool new building.

Lastly, I've never understood any criticism about a business trying to make money. Making money is the "job" of a business.

DeletedUser

they died.
Possibly. Or they got locked out of the game for some reason, like a permanent ban or forgetting their password without having access to the email address they originally had when they started the game. Or they just quit cold turkey, which is how I would have to do it if I ever left the game.