• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Some Noob Questions/Advice.

DeletedUser41441

I have been playing this game for a few months now. Still, I am not only new to this game but also to this type of game.
I have done some looking around the forum and basic guides as well as some searching but I still feel like I have a lot to learn.
I had thought an appropriate place for me to ask questions without being to embarrassed would be my Guild's forum, but there isn't one....
EDIT: Should I join a different Guild? If so how do I make sure the Guild I join has a forum before joining?

RazorbackPirate

Just type your questions in the guild thread at the top of your message center. You never know when people are on so be patient for an answer. Most active guilds will have players more than willing to help. If you're not being helped by your guild, then yes, find a new guild.

Strong guilds make strong players and strong players make strong guilds.

Alternately, go to the question section of the forum and ask here. Tons of knowledgeable folks willing to help.

DeletedUser41441

I made several more attempts to communicate with the guild I originally referenced to no avail.
I left that guild and joined one that had been recommended.
There are a lot less people in the new guild, but everyone is communicating and participating and I am learning! I like this guild!

RazorbackPirate

I made several more attempts to communicate with the guild I originally referenced to no avail.
I left that guild and joined one that had been recommended.
There are a lot less people in the new guild, but everyone is communicating and participating and I am learning! I like this guild!
That's great to hear. I'd rather be in a smaller guild of very active members than in a large on filled with deadbeats.

DeletedUser41441

That's great to hear. I'd rather be in a smaller guild of very active members than in a large on filled with deadbeats.
I agree. Still the dropoff in benefits in medals etc. from incidents is significant..
Edit: Since joining the new guild I may not ne getting as many medals in incidents but I am getting more medals other ways... The upside of learning from experience!

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

"Effects that" as in causes incidents to happen or "affects that" as in changes them somehow? Wherever you read that, it's wrong, incidents have nothing to do with guilds at all.

DeletedUser41441

"Effects that" as in causes incidents to happen or "affects that" as in changes them somehow? Wherever you read that, it's wrong, incidents have nothing to do with guilds at all.
Thank you for helping me to not further spread wrong info. I am sorry if you did not like my sentence structure or spelling. After looking them back over, they looks grammatically correct and accurate in meaning to me. Still, I have no desire to offend anyone.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thank you for helping me to not further spread wrong info. I am sorry if you did not like my sentence structure or spelling. After looking them back over, they looks grammatically correct and accurate in meaning to me. Still, I have no desire to offend anyone.
You didn't offend anyone, he was simply asking for clarification because there were two possibilities with two different results. Those words are often used incorrectly, so he was just checking.

Graviton

I'm not offended, don't worry. As Kranyar said, I was seeking clarification. Your sentence structure and spelling are fine, it's just that "effect" and "affect" mean different things. They're easy to mix up though. ;)

DeletedUser41441

I'm not offended, don't worry. As Kranyar said, I was seeking clarification. Your sentence structure and spelling are fine, it's just that "effect" and "affect" mean different things. They're easy to mix up though. ;)
Both "effect" as well as "affect" can be used as either a verb or a noun. Both words have similar definitions... Since I used it as a verb in that sentence.
ef·fect/əˈfekt/
verb
verb: effect; 3rd person present: effects; past tense: effected; past participle: effected; gerund or present participle: effecting
  1. cause (something) to happen; bring about.
    "nature always effected a cure"

Graviton

Since you want to make a thing out of it: "effect" used as a verb means to cause something to happen, as I said. "Affect" as a verb means to make a difference to something, as I said. The definitions are similar, but not synonymous; thus, two different words. The two are typically confused not because of their similar definitions but because of their spelling.

In the context of your OP, the difference is between guild level causing incidents to occur (effect) versus guild level changing the incidents that are already there (affect).