• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

DeletedUser37581

So on three of my worlds I am a solo guild. On each one of those three I took exactly one sector while no other guild took any. In each case, I have now moved up to the next higher league. While I kind of understand the two that were in Copper Leagues (not really, but), I do not understand the one that was in Silver moving up to Gold. Have that many guilds just stopped doing BattleGrounds alreaady?!?
Taking 1st or 2nd in a Copper league battlefield is guaranteed to get you to Silver. A 1st in Copper followed by a 1st in Silver will get you to Gold (*).

(*) Presuming that your MMR wasn't 0 to begin with.

RazorbackPirate

Since Friday, our Platinum guild has added 10 high level new members. Exciting news.
Where did they come from? Why did they leave their previous guilds? Why did they join you?
Glad you asked. They all came from 3 guilds involved in our last Battleground. They left because those 3 diamond/platinum guilds formed an alliance to specifically defeat our guild. While successful, they lost some of their best fighters in the process.

I may just have to change my support on detailed logs. As I suspected, this type of behavior, especially from top guilds, sent the adults in the room running for the exit. I can't imagine how many more would flee once the leaders of said guilds stared using detailed logs to get all scoldy on top of it. Seems to me, that would only accelerate their self-destruction.

Come to think of it, they really don't need detailed logs either, they're self-destructing without them just fine.

Dacaybaby

Since Friday, our Platinum guild has added 10 high level new members. Exciting news.

Glad you asked. They all came from 3 guilds involved in our last Battleground. They left because those 3 diamond/platinum guilds formed an alliance to specifically defeat our guild. While successful, they lost some of their best fighters in the process.

I may just have to change my support on detailed logs. As I suspected, this type of behavior, especially from top guilds, sent the adults in the room running for the exit. I can't imagine how many more would flee once the leaders of said guilds stared using detailed logs to get all scoldy on top of it. Seems to me, that would only accelerate their self-destruction.

Come to think of it, they really don't need detailed logs either, they're self-destructing without them just fine.
Same thing actually happened with my guild on F World we picked up a bunch of great GBG players in platinum after being double teamed by two top guilds and taking 3rd still. Funny how that works.

Perseus1966

Inno must do something with the problem of stopping before conquer a territory ,they stop 4-5 battles before 130 or 160 and leave it there for hours

RazorbackPirate

Inno must do something with the problem of stopping before conquer a territory ,they stop 4-5 battles before 130 or 160 and leave it there for hours
Why? Seems to me that's a viable strategy. Seems the issue is not that they do it, the issue is you let them. You may waste a few advancements doing so, but advancing on the province they've done this will force them to complete it or lose it.

Perseus1966

Why? Seems to me that's a viable strategy. Seems the issue is not that they do it, the issue is you let them. You may waste a few advancements doing so, but advancing on the province they've done this will force them to complete it or lose it.
because its a flaw of the game.

Perseus1966

because others cant fight back,if i could fight and reduce the battles it woulnd be something but now i can try reach 140 battles and the othes just cmplete 5 battles and its over.
The point of the game is to play ,not standing and looking eachother.

RazorbackPirate

because others cant fight back, if i could fight and reduce the battles it would be something but now i can try reach 140 battles and the others just complete 5 battles and its over.
The point of the game is to play ,not standing and looking each other.
But you're the one deciding to stand there and look at each other. Advance on them and force them to finish taking the province. 4 hours later, it's open again. If you say the point of the game is to play, play.

It's your choice to fight or give up. Don't complain it's another's fault when it's your choice to make. Suck it up, buttercup.

Kranyar the Mysterious

because others cant fight back,if i could fight and reduce the battles it woulnd be something but now i can try reach 140 battles and the othes just cmplete 5 battles and its over.
The point of the game is to play ,not standing and looking eachother.
Ya. really not buying that argument.

The fact is that you can fight back, you are just choosing not to. Plus, the other side doesn't just have to do 5 battles, they chose to do 135 while you did nothing to stop them.

Plus, in my opinion both sides are idiots in this case. One side is crybabying, the other side isn't getting any victory points.

UBERhelp1

Ya. really not buying that argument.

The fact is that you can fight back, you are just choosing not to. Plus, the other side doesn't just have to do 5 battles, they chose to do 135 while you did nothing to stop them.

Plus, in my opinion both sides are idiots in this case. One side is crybabying, the other side isn't getting any victory points.
Well, it is good strategy to wait until just before the hour to take provinces. That way, you have an almost 100% assured 5 hours of points rather than just 4.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well, it is good strategy to wait until just before the hour to take provinces. That way, you have an almost 100% assured 5 hours of points rather than just 4.
Agreed, but the poster was indicating that the provinces are being held and not taken to keep others from encroaching in. So they wouldn't get taken at the top of the hour, but would just sit, and sit, and sit so long as no one tries to take the province.

UBERhelp1

Agreed, but the poster was indicating that the provinces are being held and not taken to keep others from encroaching in. So they wouldn't get taken at the top of the hour, but would just sit, and sit, and sit so long as no one tries to take the province.
It can also be a strategy so that if the opposing guild tries to take your province, you can quickly block them out. Basically, it gives you a protective shield you can activate for 4ish hours at any time you need. Doing a "soft lock" could actually help you hold your provinces longer, as other guilds will not want to waste advances only to lose them and their province.

Kranyar the Mysterious

It can also be a strategy so that if the opposing guild tries to take your province, you can quickly block them out. Basically, it gives you a protective shield you can activate for 4ish hours at any time you need. Doing a "soft lock" could actually help you hold your provinces longer, as other guilds will not want to waste advances only to lose them and their province.
Maybe in a weak battlefield. Certainly not in any I've seen so far.

RazorbackPirate

They could also be working with another guild who is doing the same thing. They put 125 advances on each others' provinces as a deterrent to other guilds attacking knowing that guilds like the one @Perseus1966 is in will just roll over. Seems to be working.

DevaCat

RazorbackPirate nailed it. It's why some guilds are so hell-bent on getting detailed activity logs.