• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do something about Rogue armies

• Thread starter DeletedUser37869
  • Start date

ahsay

All I said is that, the defense that causes me the most problems, when plundering, is a combination of Art and Heavy/light; 5 art, 3 heavy, seems to be the the configuration that is best. I don't give up like longshanks suggests. I do the best I can with the troops I have.

I also love the challenge of plundering you with troops 2 to 3 ages lower then yours.

I apologize for relaying what gives me, a seasoned plunderer, the most problems.

Algona

I'm surprised no one has recommended defensive armies.

Forgive me for being the only player to recommend defensive deployments that could help a player trying to defeat a 1+7 attack when being plundered.

Those would be false claims. Read the thread from the necro post.

You were late to the party. At least 4 other posters including the guy you just spent a page arguing with recommended the necormancer not abandon defending their city.

Which he already reinstated and the thread moved on to a related topic before you wandered in.

Maybe next time read the whole thread?

Last edited:

ahsay

Those would be false claims. Read the thread from the necro post.

You were late to the party. At least 4 other posters including the guy you just spent a page arguing with recommended the necormancer not abandon defending their city.

Which he already reinstated and the thread moved on to a related topic before you wandered in.

Maybe next time read the whole thread?
I must be an idiot. Reread the entire thread and I still see no recommendation for any type of defensive deployment of troops. I may have missed it enlighten me.

I'm not sure what anyone having to abandon their city defense has to do with anything I posted. I could care less. I'm simply stating the defensive deployment that bothers me most, when I plunder people; 5 art and 3 heavy...do you have a problem with that defensive deployment? If so why?

Last edited:

ahsay

I apologize for relaying the defensive deployment of troops; that gives me, a nearly daily plunderer, the most problems.

ahsay

And that is why you are by far not as good a fighter as you think you are.
Quote me where I said I was a good fighter. I said I have experience. What do you recommend as a rule of thumb defensive deployment?

Tell me the easiest way to defeat the Art mix? I'm all eyes.

DeletedUser

I don't give up like longshanks suggests.
I never, ever suggested giving up. Don't put words in my mouth. The best strategy for a city defense army is a mix of current and higher (if you have them) units. What I said was that it would take a huge edge in relative boosts to have any chance of stopping a 1+7 attack, and that setting (and changing occasionally) the mix defense is to be accompanied by a practice of collecting on time. I stated this before if you would bother to read instead of making up what you think I said.
Quote me where I said I was a good fighter. I said I have experience. What do you recommend as a rule of thumb defensive deployment?

Tell me the easiest way to defeat the Art mix? I'm all eyes.

Well, if you're not a good fighter, then what units give you trouble is rather irrelevant, The best way to beat your 3 Heavy/5 Artillery mix varies depending on the era. From Iron through Colonial, 1 Artillery+7 Rogues will defeat it rather handily. Usually without taking so much as a hit, let alone a lost unit. In Industrial, I would use 1 Rifleman+7 Rogues. Might take a few hits, maybe even lose a unit, but still not a problem to win. If you have a Traz (and if you're a serious player, you would have one by then), then losing a Rogue or three is no big deal. In PE I would go back to the 1 Artillery+7 Rogues, as the PE Tanks are slow as molasses and easily picked off. Probably use the same in ME, although that is the age I have the least experience in (or at least the haziest memory of the battles.) PME is good for the 1 Artillery+7 Rogues again. In CE, the AAV with 7 Rogues will wipe up the battlefield with 3 Heavy+5 Artillery, although there will be some small damage taken due to the special ability of the CE Missile Artillery. That's all I have time for now. Maybe I'll edumacate you on the higher ages later. :)

Triopoly Champion

The best way to beat your 3 Heavy/5 Artillery mix varies depending on the era. From Iron through Colonial, 1 Artillery+7 Rogues will defeat it rather handily. Usually without taking so much as a hit, let alone a lost unit. In Industrial,
I always put 1 Colonial Champion + 1 Dragoon along with 3 Heavies and 3 Field Guns, so the attackers will find it very hard if using only artillery + rogues, force them to use 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues which they can no longer auto-fight all the way.

ahsay

I never, ever suggested giving up. Don't put words in my mouth. The best strategy for a city defense army is a mix of current and higher (if you have them) units. What I said was that it would take a huge edge in relative boosts to have any chance of stopping a 1+7 attack, and that setting (and changing occasionally) the mix defense is to be accompanied by a practice of collecting on time. I stated this before if you would bother to read instead of making up what you think I said.

Well, if you're not a good fighter, then what units give you trouble is rather irrelevant, The best way to beat your 3 Heavy/5 Artillery mix varies depending on the era. From Iron through Colonial, 1 Artillery+7 Rogues will defeat it rather handily. Usually without taking so much as a hit, let alone a lost unit. In Industrial, I would use 1 Rifleman+7 Rogues. Might take a few hits, maybe even lose a unit, but still not a problem to win. If you have a Traz (and if you're a serious player, you would have one by then), then losing a Rogue or three is no big deal. In PE I would go back to the 1 Artillery+7 Rogues, as the PE Tanks are slow as molasses and easily picked off. Probably use the same in ME, although that is the age I have the least experience in (or at least the haziest memory of the battles.) PME is good for the 1 Artillery+7 Rogues again. In CE, the AAV with 7 Rogues will wipe up the battlefield with 3 Heavy+5 Artillery, although there will be some small damage taken due to the special ability of the CE Missile Artillery. That's all I have time for now. Maybe I'll edumacate you on the higher ages later. :)

I love this.

In any scenario involving your Art hitting my heavies; yes I should lose that but you will take heavy losses because my Art will be hitting your art as they are taking out my heavies. Those heavies are "sacrificial". The math, 5 art hits 5 rogue, 3 heavies advance. 6 art now takes out 3 heavies, assuming two shots on each heavy. I now have 5 art that will hit two rogue and you lose at least one Art. 6 1/2 art now hit my 5 art left. Again, assuming two hits each, I now have 1 1/2 art. left and that takes out another of your art. You lose 2 art. every time.

If you decide to hit my art before the heavies then my heavies should be able to advance far enough to hit your art because you'd have to advance your art far enough to hit mine, Methinks you may take even higher losses. But let's leave the math for you to figure out since I figured out the first scenario.

Now factor in terrain, my defensive boost, defensive attack boost and the "random number generator". If you don't wipe out all 3 heavies with your 6 Art/2 rogues, second attack, your due for massive losses.

Depending on the age I might substitute light troops as mentioned earlier. For instance in HMA I'd substitute berserkers for Heavies. Same in CA because my rangers have stealth. In PE I'd have 3 ranged(snipers) and 5 Art. In ME I'd do the same. I love snipers. Again we're going for a rule of thumb not a definitive deployment.

Any mixed deployment with even number of troops I love. I auto battle those. Since my go to attack, unless I know better, is one Champ+7 rogues. Sometimes I lose one, most times I don't.

We're both in Yorkton...hit me up. I'd love that.

Last edited:

ahsay

I always put 1 Colonial Champion + 1 Dragoon along with 3 Heavies and 3 Field Guns, so the attackers will find it very hard if using only artillery + rogues, force them to use 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues which they can no longer auto-fight all the way.
I'm not sure I like the Dragoon, I will try that, but you've adopted the basic premise.

The first goal is to get them to fight manually. I want to waste their time on me.

The next goal is to cause as many losses as possible.

If I win the day...Gravy. I just fought two battles Indy against ME troops. 1 surrendered, taking 3 losses, damn swamps, the other I won with two loses. Number 1 in IndA PvP tower. I used 1 Champ+7rogues on both.

Salsuero

you may not be as familiar with defenses you like or don't like to see, when plundering.

How is the defense I see when attacking a hoodie any different whether I complete the task of plundering or not? You may have MORE battles... but 15k+ isn't an insignificant number. Just because you attack your hoode more doesn't meant you attack them enough more to claim superior knowledge about how it works. It's not rocket science, after all.

The more you battle the more experience in battle you have. The more cooking you do the more experience you have. What am I missing here?

Correct. But how much skill do you need to make toast? At a certain point, you either burn it or you don't.

I'm qualified to speak on battles and defensive deployments

I didn't say you weren't qualified. You are putting words into my mouth... which is a common practice here. You may be qualified to speak. I simply question the relevancy since it doesn't mean sh*t that you have 50k+ battles when we're talking about a very simple task. You tossed your stats out there like it makes you some superior guru -- that everyone should shut up and listen to you.

Experience means nothing? Just saying.

No -- again -- words in my mouth. Experience is fine. What you're saying means nothing.

That's fantastic but you weren't even involved in this. The comment was to one specific player in one specific age. Sheeeeeesh.

Oh... I made myself involved. And just because you don't like it doesn't make that less true. You don't get to pick who responds.

I will say that there are differences in all fighting ... Plundering

Plundering isn't "fighting" -- perhaps you are referring to PvP -- which many players participate in without plundering.

Last edited:

ahsay

How is the defense I see when attacking a hoodie any different whether I complete the task of plundering or not? You may have MORE battles... but 15k+ isn't an insignificant number. Just because you attack your hoode more doesn't meant you attack them enough more to claim superior knowledge about how it works. It's not rocket science, after all.

Correct. But how much skill do you need to make toast? At a certain point, you either burn it or you don't.

I didn't say you weren't qualified. You are putting words into my mouth... which is a common practice here. You may be qualified to speak. I simply question the relevancy since it doesn't mean sh*t that you have 50k+ battles when we're talking about a very simple task. You tossed your stats out there like it makes you some superior guru -- that everyone should shut up and listen to you.

No -- again -- words in my mouth. Experience is fine. What you're saying means nothing.
Why are you attacking me? All the post you're referring to are addressed to Shanks.

Plundering is hardly making toast. I'd liken it to Chinese Dim Sum, since there are so many different ones similar to the different ages in FoE. I have a lot experience making those too. I'll be attempting/learning , doing for the first time, Bao and Kau Yuk, sometime next week....you're welcome to stop by.

Last edited:

Salsuero

I never addressed other ages. Nor did I address any other units. And only you and your post.

However:

I'm surprised no one has recommended defensive armies.

Sure sounds like you're not just addressing one person there.

In other era's, other combinations may be more effective.

Sure sounds like you're suggesting other eras and units there.

Why are you attacking me?

Why do you consider a negative response to be an attack?

All the post you're referring to are addressed to Shanks.

...except your first post (which I quoted above).

Plundering is hardly making toast.

Plundering is easier than making toast. Either something is there to take or not.

I could care less.

How much less?

I'm not sure I like the Dragoon

Why not? Just going to say that, but not provide a reason? You're not sure? Why don't you know with all that fighting experience?

The first goal is to get them to fight manually.

My first goal is to get them to leave me alone in the first place.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I love this.

In any scenario involving your Art hitting my heavies; yes I should lose that but you will take heavy losses because my Art will be hitting your art as they are taking out my heavies. Those heavies are "sacrificial". The math, 5 art hits 5 rogue, 3 heavies advance. 6 art now takes out 3 heavies, assuming two shots on each heavy. I now have 5 art that will hit two rogue and you lose at least one Art. 6 1/2 art now hit my 5 art left. Again, assuming two hits each, I now have 1 1/2 art. left and that takes out another of your art. You lose 2 art. every time.

If you decide to hit my art before the heavies then my heavies should be able to advance far enough to hit your art because you'd have to advance your art far enough to hit mine, Methinks you may take even higher losses. But let's leave the math for you to figure out since I figured out the first scenario.

Now factor in terrain, my defensive boost, defensive attack boost and the "random number generator". If you don't wipe out all 3 heavies with your 6 Art/2 rogues, second attack, your due for massive losses.

Depending on the age I might substitute light troops as mentioned earlier. For instance in HMA I'd substitute berserkers for Heavies. Same in CA because my rangers have stealth. In PE I'd have 3 ranged(snipers) and 5 Art. In ME I'd do the same. I love snipers. Again we're going for a rule of thumb not a definitive deployment.

Any mixed deployment with even number of troops I love. I auto battle those. Since my go to attack, unless I know better, is one Champ+7 rogues. Sometimes I lose one, most times I don't.

We're both in Yorkton...hit me up. I'd love that.
You always take out the defense artillery first. The heavies will not be able to reach your artillery in time to do much damage, if any. And I don't have to do the math on it, because I have fought this battle many, many times over the years in various eras.

ahsay

I apologize for relaying the defensive deployment of troops; that gives me, a nearly daily plunderer, the most problems.

OMG, Artemus Gordan (Ross Martin) is guest starring on Columbo, with Mel Sharple and Gladys Kravits too.

Last edited:

Algona

I must be an idiot.

A fine mission statement. A goal I'm sure you easily live up to every day.

Refusing to read your own posts without subconsciously adding in what you omitted to type is a nice step in your journey of self undiscovery? Unawareness?

You did NOT say no one recommended specific DAs. You say no one recommended DAs.

Go back and reread what I quoted. Then go reread from the necro on page 2 of this thread forward to your post.

Specific DA recommendations were not asked for nor are they particulalrly relevent pr useful in comparison to the actual topics at the time.

Otherwise you are doing an outstanding job embracing, no. wallowing in your quoted goal. I'm sure you will continue to fulfill your ambition.

ahsay

A fine mission statement. A goal I'm sure you easily live up to every day.

Refusing to read your own posts without subconsciously adding in what you omitted to type is a nice step in your journey of self undiscovery? Unawareness?

You did NOT say no one recommended specific DAs. You say no one recommended DAs.

Go back and reread what I quoted. Then go reread from the necro on page 2 of this thread forward to your post.

Specific DA recommendations were not asked for nor are they particulalrly relevent pr useful in comparison to the actual topics at the time.

Otherwise you are doing an outstanding job embracing, no. wallowing in your quoted goal. I'm sure you will continue to fulfill your ambition.
With your help I can only hope. Fingers are crossed here.

Salsuero

I apologize

Dude, you're such a victim. Saying this over and over just makes you look weak. For all your bluster about being such an experienced plunderer... your responses here make me believe you plunder to make yourself feel like a winner... like a big shot. C'mon. Read the comments here. You are openly aggressive (and yes, even passive aggression is still aggression) and yet you pretend everyone is attacking poor little you without merit. You literally asked me why I'm attacking you. If you can't see that you are, at the very least, a part of the problem, you need to work on your self-awareness. Sh*t -- I'm far from perfect, but at least I know it!

ahsay

Dude, you're such a victim. Saying this over and over just makes you look weak. For all your bluster about being such an experienced plunderer... your responses here make me believe you plunder to make yourself feel like a winner... like a big shot. C'mon. Read the comments here. You are openly aggressive (and yes, even passive aggression is still aggression) and yet you pretend everyone is attacking poor little you without merit. You literally asked me why I'm attacking you. If you can't see that, you need to work on your self-awareness. Sh*t -- I'm far from perfect, but at least I know it!
Really...did you not read where I got my ass kicked? I will take your FPs, PvP is nice too but I'd prefer your goods.

I was just trying to help the OP. It's that simple. My recommendation of heavy/light + Art is screwed up. So, you can move along.

Last edited: