• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Looking for a goods seller.

Brunenjii

I'm looking for a goods seller on T world.
If you are or know a reputable seller of goods, who is willing to accept Bronze Age goods at 1:2 please reply.

DeletedUser38114

Shawlyss has unfortunately been absent and we hope is only taking a break. We hope for his return soon but it is not expected. On another note, I will be more than happy to assist you. Look me up. That's G(zero)TH

Hi, i'm new. I have reached a point in the iron age where i need bronze age goods to progress. i have 2 expansions researched that i can't unlock, and chain of command can't be researched. i am 1 stone short for a province expansion too. i have been trying to trade for over 24 hours now.
i now realize i can't make this game work if no one trades. i don't know how to find an active guild, and i seem to have been dumped in a dead neighborhood. this is getting ridiculous and looks to be even worse going forward. i have iron age goods production researched, but no plot to put the buildings... i guess the game is old now and people moved on but i'm stuck through no fault of mine. about to quit.

UBERhelp1

Hi, i'm new. I have reached a point in the iron age where i need bronze age goods to progress. i have 2 expansions researched that i can't unlock, and chain of command can't be researched. i am 1 stone short for a province expansion too. i have been trying to trade for over 24 hours now.
i now realize i can't make this game work if no one trades. i don't know how to find an active guild, and i seem to have been dumped in a dead neighborhood. this is getting ridiculous and looks to be even worse going forward. i have iron age goods production researched, but no plot to put the buildings... i guess the game is old now and people moved on but i'm stuck through no fault of mine. about to quit.
Slow down your progression on a tech tree. Message in global that you are looking for an active guild, or otherwise try to message players or friends that are in good guilds. If you can't pay for expansions with your coin supply, that means you are going waaay too fast on the tech tree. This game is meant to be slow and steady, not racing and fast (though there are points where it is like that).

not coins, but thanks for assuming. i need lumber for one, stone for the other. i don't want to slow down on the tech tree. i have 2 marble cutters and 2 vineyards. also in case i can't trade, i have a dye works and a lumberyard, though i don't have those boosts. i did have a stone cutter, but the 4x4 space requirement was too much of an opportunity cost. i am now sitting on a maountain of marble and wine. i JUST need to trade. i don't need your condescension

gonna add G0TH too. i added everyone in my guild but after a day and a half none accepted. cancelled all. then i discovered neighbor tab. added 80 neighbors. none are accepting.

Vger

i don't want to slow down on the tech tree.
That is a strategy that never works out well. Rushing the tech tree is probably the single biggest mistake newer players make.

i have a dye works and a lumberyard, though i don't have those boosts.
Another mistake newer players make.

i don't need your condescension
That wasn't condescension. That was sound advice from an experienced player.

gonna add G0TH too.
G0TH hasn't played (at least on T world) since early last summer. Don't expect a response.

i added everyone in my guild but after a day and a half none accepted.
What guild are you in? There are a lot of dead guilds out there, full of long gone players. It sounds like you may be in one. It would be unusual in an active guild for nobody to accept an invite. Does your guild have a pulse? Is there any conversation in the message thread? Have you been added to any swap or trade threads? If you were added to a trade thread, did you post your trades there? Did nobody take them? I'll guess that none of those things are happening. That's what a dead guild looks like.

just need to find a good guild.
I think you nailed it right there. That is the problem you need to solve.

That is a strategy that never works out well. Rushing the tech tree is probably the single biggest mistake newer players make.

Another mistake newer players make.

That wasn't condescension. That was sound advice from an experienced player.

G0TH hasn't played (at least on T world) since early last summer. Don't expect a response.

What guild are you in? There are a lot of dead guilds out there, full of long gone players. It sounds like you may be in one. It would be unusual in an active guild for nobody to accept an invite. Does your guild have a pulse? Is there any conversation in the message thread? Have you been added to any swap or trade threads? If you were added to a trade thread, did you post your trades there? Did nobody take them? I'll guess that none of those things are happening. That's what a dead guild looks like.

I think you nailed it right there. That is the problem you need to solve.
thanks for the additional condescension. yes, it's a thoroughly dead guild. i've been playing about 4 days. i'll slow down on that tech tree when i have more buildings available than i can build. hopefully server isn't dead as well. the forge bowl gave me a bunch of forge points, which may have contributed to tech tree rushing. i'll figure this game out soon enough and pass you. byeeeeeeee!

progress update. i left that guild and joined a new one, though it's progressive era. so far so good, i am going to remove inactive friends tomorrow night. got one expansion unlocked now. i am short on supplies because of building a lot of roof tile houses, but i own that one. been negotiating for provinces since i couldn't unlock legionaires. 4 of my friends visit my tavern daily, so yeah i say dead. will be back on track shortly. further condescension not required.

brunenjii doesn't seem to be active either. i've sent and cancelled several hundred friend requests already. new guild is awesome, though one guy doesn't get fair trading lol. i guess it is what it is. probably dead bases outnumber active players somewhere around 20 to 1.

DeletedUser

thanks for the additional condescension.
When you've been playing for a handful of days, and an experienced player gives you solid game advice, it is not condescension just because you don't want to listen. If you're not going to accept help, why ask for it?

When you've been playing for a handful of days, and an experienced player gives you solid game advice, it is not condescension just because you don't want to listen. If you're not going to accept help, why ask for it?
well let's see. the problem was not being able to trade, and lack of active friends. but apparently it's all my fault for being a noob. on the bright side, i'm now cured of looking for help on these forums.
thanks for nothing, mod.
p.s. helpful suggestions would have been nice. i figured it out now.

sorry for rant. spent half an hour on google trying to find out how to unregister from this forum. one website said it can't be done. well played.

DeletedUser

well let's see. the problem was not being able to trade, and lack of active friends. but apparently it's all my fault for being a noob. on the bright side, i'm now cured of looking for help on these forums.
thanks for nothing, mod.
p.s. helpful suggestions would have been nice. i figured it out now.
You got helpful suggestions. You chose to interpret them as insulting. If you want advice, ask for it and then accept it in the spirit it is offered. If all you want to do is rant and insult people, then we are not the toxic ones. Any more insulting posts/remarks will be deleted/edited out. Stick to topics, not insulting other players.