• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Draft---Guide to the Antiques Dealer---Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Announcement

Dear viewers

We have read through your feedback and have understood your responses , so this is our response to you:

1. We will not be trying to get this guide out of the pending guides section.
  2. We will still be updating the guide frequently.
  3. We will be adding a developments history section

Thank you for reading our guide and giving your feedback , we appreciate it and hope you continue giving it.

From the guide team

If you really understood the responses you would give up on the effort. There is absolutely no need for a guide on the AD and the way you two do it is so far away from being an actual decent guide, that you will never be able to fix it. About every player reacting to every attempt at a guide you two tried, told you the same. Learn the game before you even try to attempt it and stop misleading starting players with your very poor and at times even very bad advice. What does it take for you two to actually understand and follow the advise given and stop? By now, others have written a guide on how not to write a guide in responding tyo you two. Why don't you collect all that info and present it as your guide? At least you will have reached your goal. No need to mention the source. You never do anyhow.

WinnerGR

If you really understood the responses you would give up on the effort. There is absolutely no need for a guide on the AD and the way you two do it is so far away from being an actual decent guide, that you will never be able to fix it. About every player reacting to every attempt at a guide you two tried, told you the same. Learn the game before you even try to attempt it and stop misleading starting players with your very poor and at times even very bad advice. What does it take for you two to actually understand and follow the advise given and stop? By now, others have written a guide on how not to write a guide in responding tyo you two. Why don't you collect all that info and present it as your guide? At least you will have reached your goal. No need to mention the source. You never do anyhow.
We will be keeping the guide open and updated no matter the feedback though we may start not updating the guide due to other reasons .

The guide team uses feedback for adding things to the guide, not taking them away ( There are some exceptions E.G. spelling mistakes)

Last edited:

Algona

To the mod staff:

Since it is obvious that any useful accurate Guide is of benefit to the community as a whole that continued efforts to sabotage or obstruct the production of this Guide should not be tolerated as that is an explicit violation of the forum rules, acting against the community.

Being as how Agent has voiced their opinion that this should not be done and the mod staff has chosen (rightfully in my opinion) to allow this to continue to be worked on, it sure would be nice if Agent were to quit posting their opinion that it should not be done as that is an explicit violation of forum rules, questioning moderation decisions. This should extend to any poster.

Yes, I realize it's not my place to tell you the rules. Yes, I realize it's against the rules to point out forum rules violations.

But it is my place to ask you to the enforce the rules of this forum. Here. Publicly.

It's time for the mod staff to take a stand on the community building rule.

Please do so.

----------

To my fellow posters:

Those of you against this project quit badgering the authors. Don't like it? Complain to the mod staff.

Those of you who wish to critique, try doing so in constructive manners. 'This sucks!" doesn't fly. Tell them why it sucks. :D However,ignoring any critique that is not about factual errors is their prerogative as the authors. Deal with it.

Give the authors the chance to produce something useful.

----------

To the authors:

I think this is awful for now. But that's OK for now.

I encourage you to continue because you have the potential to learn a lot form the process of making this a good Guide. Of course this will only work if you do realize that you have to work at learning what you need to learn to make this into a useful resource. If I didn't think you could do this, I wouldn't encourage you to try,

Your choice.

A few random recommendations:

Retitle this thread DRAFT - AD Guide - DRAFT.

The first line in this thread should be 'This is a draft of a work in process. Critiques welcome'. Eventually that label can come off, you will know when it;s ready to go, the community will tell you.

Treat this as a development project. Instead of trying to start with a completed product use an iterative top down design and development technique.

Solicit and welcome advice from the community. Yes, it;s your project, but to this point it's obvious that you are weak in writing and organizational techniques. Folk can help point you in the right direction.

Note well, that while you want and should welcome and consider critique and advice,you also need to evaluate that advice in light of the scope, design, and purpose of your Guide to decide if it is appropriate for inclusion in your Guide.

OTOH completely ignore anything Agent has to say. While Agent often makes valid points they are buried under too much dooky to be worth sifting through. Nothing positive can come of trying to satisfy or even respond to anything Agent has to say. Don;t hesitate to report them or anyone if you are feeling harassed, insulted, or any forum rules violation.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to watching this process and seeing the finished product. Any questions?

Jern2017

You've both been playing this game for what, a couple of months? Be honest to yourselves, do you really, honestly think you're competent to make guides or give advice to others?

No, you're most certainly not. You don't know anything. You're clueless about this game. That's not an issue, every other player was once. The issue is you pretend you know everything. To what end? You get called out and then you start taking back things you wrote and with every post you make, you lose your credibility. If you don't stop, you'll very soon come to a point where you'll always be remembered as attention seeking, bad advice giving posters.

Either you make ridiculous claims or give "advice" any experienced player laughs at, repeat yourselves after knowledgeable, experienced posters or post stuff that doesn't contribute anything to this forum. You're like two court jesters, except it's not funny anymore.

I said this in one of your threads already, but I'll say it again:

Stop posting. Only use the forum to learn about the game. You probably won't even need to ask anything. All the things you need to know are already here. Research and read threads related to the game's mechanics for a month or two and then ask yourselves again, "were we in a position to suggest things or give advice to others?"

Agent327

We will be keeping the guide open and updated no matter the feedback though we may start not updating the guide due to other reasons .

Like your other great guides that only consist of templates and no content?

The guide team uses feedback for adding things to the guide

The guide team. Sounds a bit like wannabe superheroes without any skills :p

not taking them away ( There are some exceptions E.G. spelling mistakes)

And here you have your problem in short. Stupid, bad and misleading info will still be in the "guide". In the end it might have some use. Do the opposite and you are probably better of.

Captain Christian

And here you have your problem in short. Stupid, bad and misleading info will still be in the "guide". In the end it might have some use. Do the opposite and you are probably better of.
If you are so against it, maybe you should just stop posting, and let it slide into oblivion.

WinnerGR

To the authors:

I think this is awful for now. But that's OK for now.

I encourage you to continue because you have the potential to learn a lot form the process of making this a good Guide. Of course this will only work if you do realize that you have to work at learning what you need to learn to make this into a useful resource. If I didn't think you could do this, I wouldn't encourage you to try,

Your choice.

A few random recommendations:

Retitle this thread DRAFT - AD Guide - DRAFT.

The first line in this thread should be 'This is a draft of a work in process. Critiques welcome'. Eventually that label can come off, you will know when it;s ready to go, the community will tell you.

Treat this as a development project. Instead of trying to start with a completed product use an iterative top down design and development technique.

Solicit and welcome advice from the community. Yes, it;s your project, but to this point it's obvious that you are weak in writing and organizational techniques. Folk can help point you in the right direction.

Note well, that while you want and should welcome and consider critique and advice,you also need to evaluate that advice in light of the scope, design, and purpose of your Guide to decide if it is appropriate for inclusion in your Guide.

OTOH completely ignore anything Agent has to say. While Agent often makes valid points they are buried under too much dooky to be worth sifting through. Nothing positive can come of trying to satisfy or even respond to anything Agent has to say. Don;t hesitate to report them or anyone if you are feeling harassed, insulted, or any forum rules violation.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to watching this process and seeing the finished product. Any questions?
I have spoke to @Captain Christian and have decided to take your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.